Baxson Vending, your XYZ?

AmuseStar Vending Co

I don't quite understand all the anti Oak stuff that's going on.

When it was my full time gig, the majority of my accounts were made up of Oak Vista cabinets and big Oaks.

Never really had a big problem with them.  Yes the Vista coin mech was kinda loose in the base.  Tighten the freakin' thumb screw.  As long as you place the hopper fully on the base, there was no issue.

Take the lids off, pull the hoppers, hold your bag in you left hand, place the pad at the base of your thumb over the coin mech, the rest of your hand on the base, lift it off, pour the money out, reverse the process to put it back together...and complain less as your bank account grows...

Yes, A&As and NW are easier to get at, but it's also easier to lever the coin mech out of the bent sheet steel base, than it is to do the same to the cast base of a Vista (or Acorn).

...and a good shot with a hammer to a Beaver (or beaver knock off) base and it's all over...

No machine is infallable, but I had far fewer break ins with Oak machines...YRMV

Baxon, do you want to sell off your Oak 300's? If so, drop me some info in a PM, like color, condition and wheel.

Baxson Vending wrote:

What would you like to know about them? Between the Oak Vista 300 and the XYZ I don't know which ones I hate the most!

Hmmm, alrighty then! There both great! What problems are you having?

Farmer John,

I have over 205 locations, on of the largest vendors in TN,  and I use a lot of OAK Vista Cabs., A&A Small and large panel heads, NW, and XYZ. Of all my favorite would have to be A&A, then OAK, then XYZ. NW are hard to service.

Kyle 

Thought that might be it. My machines have NW's Dash N Cash system but I don't like it for a diffrent reason that I will not talk about here but I'll show you in Vegas if you go.

Anyway, as a solution for your issue, the cash box for A&A's PN95 (C6-312-21) should fit the NW 60, from what I've been told.

Hmmm, alrighty then! There both great! What problems are you having?

Farmer John,

I have over 205 locations, on of the largest vendors in TN,  and I use a lot of OAK Vista Cabs., A&A Small and large panel heads, NW, and XYZ. Of all my favorite would have to be A&A, then OAK, then XYZ. NW are hard to service.

Kyle 

Don't NW 60 series lift and twist like A&As?

It has always been Beaver and Acorns that I thought were PITAs

And Kyle, I'd love to back over 200 locations...

In a related question, how often do you check your A&As for coins stuck between the coin mech and Chute?

I can live with it. It's ok.

Well yes, absolutely.  I can live with ANY head that is reliable.

It's just a matter of what you're used to.

I've used them all.  If there was only a manufacturer that built a base as tough as Oak, coin mech as fool proof as Beaver and as easy to empty as A&A and NW 60s...

I've used them all.  If there was only a manufacturer that built a base as tough as Oak, coin mech as fool proof as Beaver and as easy to empty as A&A and NW 60s...

If a A&A is a knockoff of Oak, how come they are harder to service?  I have a few A&A's and they function the same as an Oak.

If a A&A is a knockoff of Oak, how come they are harder to service?  I have a few A&A's and they function the same as an Oak.

The Oak Vista

Posted Image

The A&A PM series

Posted Image

Those machines shouldn't be any different from each other to service.

They both break down to their seperate components to service.

However...

The A&A PN series

Posted Image

is much easier to service than...

Posted Image

The Oak standard Acorn.  Even with it's cast base and drop in coin mech...

Why?  You can lift and twist the A&A and scoop the coinage.

After reading these posts, I am a little confused.  I was looking at either the A&A Elite with the optional coin tray that you get to by taking the top off and lifting the globe,  or the NW 60 w/ the cash n dash system ( coin tray in the back of the machine with a separate lock to open and get to it ).

Whicih is easier to service folks?

Really? I am very interested to know the reasons Guth.  Isn't it simpler to just take a key, open a door, and pull out a coin box without having to go through a top piece, and then lifting up the globe etc etc?:?