selling some equitment, need price advice

chad

Chad,

I hope you don't mind a reply from this 'newbie' but...

I would apply the same method that most apply to ANY used equipment. Whether you're selling a car, lawn mower, or vending equipment, I think the BEST and MOST ACCURATE way to price your merchandise is to see what everybody else is selling identical items for on Ebay, Craiglist, Newspaper/Online Classifieds, etc.

The beauty of price comparisons done on Ebay is that you can actually SEE what the items sold for. The pricing research using all the other resources above does not give you the 'final price' as it is impossible to know what the owners may have eventually accepted for the item. However, those other resources can at least give you a starting point.

Where you are in the country matters also.

For instance, if you live in Iowa City you could sell them extremely cheap to a great guy :)

Otherwise be patient and figure out how much they usually go for, and decide if you think it is best to use craigslist or ebay.

Did you decide to get out of bulk vending?

The pricing research using all the other resources above does not give you the 'final price' as it is impossible to know what the owners may have eventually accepted for the item.

At least for Ebay, you can refine your search to show completed listings.  That way you can indeed find out the final sale price of the item.