Locators

pusherman

what do you want in a locator?  are you looking at price as the main selling point?  do you want an in person locator or  a telemarketer?  what kind of guarantee do you want?  are you willing to pay more as long as you get a guarantee?  do you want a cheaper price with not as good guarantee? How would you want to pay, all up front, half up front, or all when you receive the locations? do you want the locator to get you what he feels are good locations or do you want them to work from a list of locations that you give them? if you found a good locator how often would you use them? would it be a benefit for you if your locator could locate more than bulk? i.e. racks, soda, snack, or amusement.

i understand that that speed of service and answering phone calls and returning emails is something that bothers alot of those who use locators. assuming these things are not a problem with a locator, then what do you look for out of a locator?

Well for me, I've been burned by too many pre pay services, so my main selling point is post pay. I would gladly pay twice the amount for a post pay service as opposed to a pre pay. And I have done just that. Knowing that I wont get scammed was worth it to me. I have probably lost more money to un-scrupulous locators than I have actually paid to post pay locators, even with the inflated cost.

I am currently ramping up my beverage presence at the moment so a locator that handles both full line and bulk would be a benefit to me.

Steve

For me placing and buying my first small order of machines today and using a locator, what sold me on the locator I will use is the guarantee. That and the locator works closely with a reputable vending machine supplier so I am comfortable using her. 

Can you  tell us the name of the locating company you are using??  I have used Top Notch Locating in the past.  They are a post pay and they also do full line vending.

Lee

Lee, I mostly use First Choice. Thanks for the tip, I will check pricing at Top Notch.

Steve

caserri wrote     

Lee, I mostly use First Choice. Thanks for the tip, I will check pricing at Top Notch.

Steve

Steve,  I will check out First Choice.  Having a different locator work my area could prove to be an advantage.

Lee

Steve, I contacted Sonya at First Choice.  They are $5 cheaper than Top Notch.  I am going to give them a try.  I will let you know how it turns out.

Lee

Lee,

I am sure you will not be disappointed. Make sure you let her know that I referred you or that you heard about her here on VENDiscuss. I have been trying to get her to join the board as well.

Steve

Steve,

I mentioned you and VenDiscuss in my initial email.  It appears that she does a thorough job base on her response and questions she asked.  I am seriously considering using her service to help locate some dog locations and a few that I lost due to "Out of Business."  I am curious to know what percentage of quality locations has she provided to you?

Thanks again and enjoy your weekend

Lee

Steve,

I mentioned you and VenDiscuss in my initial email.  It appears that she does a thorough job base on her response and questions she asked.  I am seriously considering using her service to help locate some dog locations and a few that I lost due to "Out of Business."  I am curious to know what percentage of quality locations has she provided to you?

Thanks again and enjoy your weekend

Lee

Lee,

I will put it to you this way, Take a look at my most recent top 5 locations in my revenue report in member PLUS. Locations 2 through 5 were all secured by Sonya.

Steve

Gwen,

I would email her just for confirmation that she got the fax. She receives her faxes over the computer and at times she has a difficult time opening the files.

If you already got the confirmation I would give her 14 days before contacting her again. She has usually found locations for me within 7 days but 14 is not unheard of in this business.

If you are unable to contact her, or if 14 days has past let me know and I will see what I can do for you.

Steve

Thanks!  I did get confirmation that she received the fax. I just didn't know how much more to wait before given another call. I guess I'm a little anxious. Does that include weekends. I'm thinking not Including weekends is that right? Anyways Thanks for responding.

Thanks,

Gwen

Don't loose your faith! Sonya will come through for you. She has never let me down on a location. Besides, she doesn't get paid until you place your machine so thats her incentive.

Steve

Hey!

I got my 5 locations from first choice. 3 Yesterday and 2 today. I have placed the machines. I am very sadisfied with the service. I guess they are quick at it I just get anxious. Basicly I waited from 10/29 when I fax the contract until yesterday. When they email the first 3 locations. So about 2 weeks Not bad at all. I think I will used them again. AFter verifying how this location do money wise. Yet I Have a good feeling on this places lots of foot traffic. One machine I placed myself is in the motorsports place in the service area and I checked for the first time and it had a lttle more than 15 bucks. So I'm guessing that Auto repair places do good.  They got me a Meineke place so I'm hoping it will be as good. We will see. :D I give First Choice two tumbs up!!

Thanks, For your recommendations

Gwen