My experience with Eddie Bauer

alyssamma

(FYI, I've already given a positive review in the locator review sub forum).

I wanted this thread to detail my experiences with using Eddie as a locator. Late last week we reached an agreement for 2 locations. Yesterday he got them for me. Today he actually got me a third location which I decided to take also, but asked him to not get me anymore until I see how these work out.

The locations were a Lube Stop, hair salon, and auto shop. All seem to have the potential of doing well.

Today we delivered to the auto shop and there were zero problems.

Tomorrow we will deliver to the other 2 locations and I will update this thread.

So far, this has been a very positive experience.

Kevin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the review!

Question though...

I was on his site and he talked an awful lot about charity vending. He offers comission too, yes? And did he arrange the %? If so, what was it if you don't mind me asking?

Pol

OK, today's update. The 3rd location Eddie got me didn't want the machine. Since we really only wanted 2 locations to begin with, I asked Eddie to refund what I paid for the 3rd location.

I'll post another update after we drop off our 2nd machine today.

Kevin

Agreed. The hair salon was Eddie's fault - it was a worker who approved and not the manager. However, the Lube Stop was bad luck. The manager ok'd, but when we went to drop off the machine the GM was there and he said no.

We called the hair salon first, so no time wasted. But when we called the lube stop, the mgr said yes so we wasted a trip there :(

Kevin

I do my own locating and have similar problems as you've just experienced.  Especially if I don't bring the machine in immediately!  I try as often as possible to sell the owners on what I have in my van so I can bring it in immediately but sometimes they want something different or I don't have what they want with me at the time.  Even after talking to owners myself they can change their minds before I can get back with the equipment the next day.  I think it's just part of the business we have to deal with and doesn't matter if we make the deal ourself or a locator does it for us.  A certain amount of the time they will change their mind.  I think it happens less often when I locate myself but nothing will ever be 100% except taking it in on the spot.  Even then sometimes a partner or a wife will say they don't like it and take it out.  lol

nam

OK, well, one thing I'll say about Eddie is that he is quick. He (actually Eric) got me another location. I will try to deliver it tomorrow. He also got me 2 other "backup" locs that I can use if this doesn't work, or if I decide I want more.

I'll post more once I deliver the machine.

Kevin

thanks  nam

I place for myself (obviously) also and have no desire to drive around wasting gas but it has been happening more and more lately. i don't know what the deal is. hopefully the cycle turns back around to the norm...something like 2 out of 10 back out not 6 .

alyssamma email me when you get a chance

lurtsman your right it is a painful rejection rate.

faithvending we're working on it.

OK, here is the latest. Went to check on the first location and it had $6 after a week. Nothing to get overly excited about, but if it holds up it will do about the nat'l avg or a little higher. This is better than Kickstart did for me.

We should be delivering our 2nd location tomorrow.

Overall I have to say this has been a positive experience - even with the trouble delivering we had earlier. At this point I would definitely recommend Eddie as another locator to use along with Kickstart, MW, and Central.

One thing that caught me off guard a litle is that Eddie is pretty..."laid back". For example, there is a note on another thread about how his website was simply copied from KS. I would say don't let this put you off. He delivers the same level of service as the ones I mentioned above.

Again, a positive review for Eddie.

Kevin

I ordered another location yesterday

Looking for that $1000 a week location lol  ;D

Is Netting 1000$ a week a goal or a wish? I wish I was the best basketball player in the world, but I'm not doing anything about it. My goal is to gross 1000$/month by December. I expect to reach it. I want that gross up to 5000$/month by December of next year (2nd year growth rate should be much higher because I'll have more funding and more experience.)

Is Netting 1000$ a week a goal or a wish? I wish I was the best basketball player in the world, but I'm not doing anything about it. My goal is to gross 1000$/month by December. I expect to reach it. I want that gross up to 5000$/month by December of next year (2nd year growth rate should be much higher because I'll have more funding and more experience.)

It is a goal

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Just wanted to update everyone on my placements with Eddie.

Today is the two week point for my locations order.  No word yet, but I hear from others on the board that he sometimes sends out locations on Saturdays.  I figured two to four weeks to get some quality locations, so hopefully they will be showing up in the next few weeks.  I'll keep you posted.

Steve

I asked for a full line location from him 3 or so weeks ago and while Eric has told me about some "possibles", there haven't been any "actuals".

That is the deal with Eric he don't sell anything he only sends leads or possibles

When u pay a locator you want to be able to deliver machine not sell it your self more later on Eric.

Gabe, I agree 100% with you. I really only have one "complaint" about Eddie - the locs aren't sold. I spent a lot of time initially driving to locs only being told they weren't approved. Now I've gotten smart and call beforehand.

See my posts at the beginning of this thread for more details. And I've had the same issues with replacements.

Still, overall, I would have to say Eddie is ok. All of the locs here have some problems. He does get locs quickly and he is *very* good about replacements. In fact, I would say he is the best locator on the board with respect to getting replacements.

If I am going to use a locator in the future, it would be Eddie. He has some problems, but to me he is better than the others.

(NOTE - I haven't tried the new Central locators, just Kickstart and Midwest).

Kevin

So far, the "possibilities" I mentioned weren't even "qualified" enough so that I could pursue them myself.  i.e. the office manager was checking with the doctors in a medical office, but Eric hasn't confirmed that I can call on them yet.  Or, the purchasing manager "thinks" she wants to change vending operators, but then says a week later she may wait until the new year.  I am starting to wonder whether Bauer & Co. can locate full line.  I haven't heard from either Eric or Eddie in over a week.