2009 NFL SEASON

caserri

For years "Big Ten" has always really been the "Big Two, Little Eight"  You have Michigan, Ohio State and rest really don't matter.  The same is true today but now it has one more team now.  No Big Ten team will run the tables this year and if by chance one team is lucky enough to do so, they will get wacked big time by either Florida, Alabama or Texas in the championship game.

It's a long season.  A key injury, fluke play, bad playing conditions due to weather or bad official call can change a teams complexion in a hurry.  Looking forward to Iowa's first loss in October but I will not jam the boards with meaninless postings when it happens.

Jax

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pennsylvania would be in the same boat if not for the Eagles.

Pennsylvania is no where near what Florida is experiencing.  The Steelers and Penn State should bounce back.  The Florida NFL teams are in a much bigger mess and is looks pretty hopeless and Miami just lost their QB for the year.  FSU and the Hurricanes are still very questionable.

Jax

That new Cowboy Stadium is incredible at $1 billion.  Glad to see Jerry Jones finally get a return on his investment.  I actually like to see the Cowboys do well since so many people love to hate them, they create a lot of passion at the sports bars when they are on.  The people either love them or hate them an it can get pretty rowdy when the Cowboys have a close game.

Jax

People in this area are saying that the University of Northern Iowa would absolutely destroy Penn State.  What do you think about that?

Well since you asked...  I think those people have either spent waaay to much time in the corn fields of Iowa or their brain has not thawed out yet from the last winter!

Jax

Thanks Steve.  I can perfectly defend myself but I understand your need to keep the forum clean and civil.  What we have here is a simple case of cyber stalking!  This guy has is out for me and just can't let go.  Just to clear the record and to let the other members in on this.  I believe this all started with a posting pertaining to passive income.  My comments were not directed at him, but he somehow took them personally and most likely gave me the negative rating on that post and now he snipes at most of my postings.  Here is the thread if someone wants to review it and tell me if I was out of line.

http://vendiscuss.com/forum/index.php?topic=6719.0

I also had some breakroom comments on baseball and team market size which had nothing to do with him either.  But he either took those personally or used them to fuel a verbal war.  I try not to make personal unprovoked attacks (except for sleaze bag locators) and I do not highjack other people's threads to throw shots at other members (see below).  I will also never highjack other people's threads with football scores either - those are for the breakroom.  I really hope we don't have to go through this nonsense the entire football season! 

http://vendiscuss.com/forum/index.php?topic=7057.0

I am not really sure why some college student who really doesn't like vending would hang around a vending forum and never discuss vending!  So Whale, can you answer a simple vending related question on the "Dress for Success" posting?  Are your locations commission or charity?  This is as good as time as any to start talking about vending!  Also Whale, please don't sent me any more private messages since I just delete them when I get them.

Jax

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty crazy (and painful) weekend!  The games may not end the way you want them, but they are still great to watch.  The NFL is still the undisputed king of all sports!  As Don King would say, "Only in America"!  But still a long way to go in the season.

Jax

UGH!

You're up 6 points with less than 2:00 left, your faced with 4th and 2 on your own 28 and they GO FOR IT!:huh:  :angry:

Belichick - "Oh, that was 4th down?"

Someone help me understand.

UGH!

You're up 6 points with less than 2:00 left, your faced with 4th and 2 on your own 28 and they GO FOR IT!:huh:  :angry:

Belichick - "Oh, that was 4th down?"

Someone help me understand.

Oh hell, never mind. Can't really say that on a public forum......

• 1 month later...

Campbell County, How can you be a suffering lifelong Bengals fan and not be from here.

Really I do not have a favorite team persay. I like teams that can line up and RUN the ball and play DEFENSE. Okay I am a throwback I admit it. 3 yards and a chunk of synthetic turf.

Snack Dude