Accounting question....

dsimms

I am a newbie...beat me up now...

How do you guys do your accounting on your triples...

Do you keep keep track of each individual sales...

like:

PMM:  $5.00

Skittl:  $4.00

M&I:    $6.00

or do you just count it all as a whole?

grab the whole pile and run like hell......

I do mine by the machine, too much work to do it by head.  If you haven't done your free trial of Vend-Trak, I would suggest it.  There is a Vend-Trak thread and Vendiscuss members get a discount. ;D

grab the whole pile and run like hell......

I do mine by the machine, too much work to do it by head.  If you haven't done your free trial of Vend-Trak, I would suggest it.  There is a Vend-Trak thread and Vendiscuss members get a discount. ;D

grab the quater from each bin and run...

I guess it really depends on how technical you want to get if you want

to keep track of each bin, or just monitor the fact that it never goes down :)

i started out counting each can seperate...its time consuming. i would still like to figure out a way to do it, and determine which products are the most profitable, and which ones aren't so I could trim the fat.

I also have u-turns and the money is seperated for each product. Before i go to the location i take money bags with me with the name of each product in that location written on the bags. I go in, open up the machine and empty each money box into the correct bag. Then i will count up once i am home. This way you can accurately see how much money each product is taking, you get to know your best sellers, how much profit you make on each product. Its easy to think your making money, but you may not be so good records show if you are or not. May not be for everyone, but it works for me

I used to keep track of each individual head. I asked a similar question about a year ago and came to the conclusion through the insight of the people here that it is possible to have too much information. You need to determine how important the information really is. I keep track of each location, but not each head. I will note if a product did not sell well and I need to try a different product, but that is it. When you have a $30 between 2 heads and a 3rd head with maybe 8 quarters in it, its easy to tell that the product isn't selling well. 

The reason i keep track on each product is simply because of the products i vend. For example skittles. They may take 10 gb pounds in a month but they will hardly go down in the canister. What may appear to be slow moving products could well be your best seller. Also by counting each product takings you can work out how much profit you have earnt on that particular product. If the product runs really low and i find that i have only just covered my costs for that product, its time to look at adjusting the machines wheel settings

The reason i keep track on each product is simply because of the products i vend. For example skittles. They may take 10 gb pounds in a month but they will hardly go down in the canister. What may appear to be slow moving products could well be your best seller. Also by counting each product takings you can work out how much profit you have earnt on that particular product. If the product runs really low and i find that i have only just covered my costs for that product, its time to look at adjusting the machines wheel settings

thats another discussion i guess..

PM&M - between 8-10 come out.

Skittles: between 10-12

M&I: between 7-9

Being that PMM are so high right now I vend 6-7, you may want to close that up a little unless you find a gravey location that will do $100 a month, the oher look good

that they are.....they think this stuff is made of gold...

In the beginning when I was testing products I counted each tray. Problem is 1/3 of the quarters don't end up in the tray. So how do I even know if the trays are being filled by the head above it, it could be kicking it to the side. In fact im pretty sure one of mine does exactly that, too many coins end up in the middle because the left is kicking it over instead of dropping down. So it LOOKS like those gumballs are moving, but their not.

Once I narrowed down my products I count the machine not the head. I do make notes if a particular item is hot or not but thats about it. Even if you "count it at home" that time that could have been better spent. Like locating machines or watching anime.