google.com, pub-6262331124919164, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Jump to content

still looking

gundog

I am still looking to add a few more stops- sees like all I am running across is overpriced.

I thought I'd put this up here and maybe get some comments on value and such.

I can buy one or all stops.  The income is documented on all.

1)Retail that does not sell soda/snacks.  Vendo soda, Snack Shop snack. $75/week.  Asking price $3000

2)Small Factory. Vendo soda, Infinity snack. $30-35/week.  Asking price $2760

3)Office with a Rowe snack machine that does $30-35/week.  Asking $2260

Correct me if I am wrong but I read that a reasonable sales price is-- gross yearly sales X .5 = sales price for location with the machine included??

I sounds like this guy is wanting 100% of yearly sales plus a premium price for the machines?

I think these accounts are WAY overpriced unless you think the machines are worth very close to those totals. The company I work for has many times pulled out from accounts that do much (three times) better than those to prevent buying more machines when a new account comes up. With the economy as it is right now, my boss might hang onto that first one, but it'd eventually get pulled as well.

Hope that helps a little,

Scott

I am still looking to add a few more stops- sees like all I am running across is overpriced.

I thought I'd put this up here and maybe get some comments on value and such.

I can buy one or all stops.  The income is documented on all.

1)Retail that does not sell soda/snacks.  Vendo soda, Snack Shop snack. $75/week.  Asking price $3000

2)Small Factory. Vendo soda, Infinity snack. $30-35/week.  Asking price $2760

3)Office with a Rowe snack machine that does $30-35/week.  Asking $2260

Correct me if I am wrong but I read that a reasonable sales price is-- gross yearly sales X .5 = sales price for location with the machine included??

I sounds like this guy is wanting 100% of yearly sales plus a premium price for the machines?

anything that makes money, then greed is always a factor, if they did not make money, then

there would be no incentive for him to sell at a higher price...are they firm on the prices?

I don't know if they are firm or not.  I haven't even looked at them yet- don't know if it is worth my time to even look at them considering his price.  I would offer about one third of the asking price and probably wouldn't go much higher than that.  The machines I have now are nothing special but they are doing 30-35 each per week and I bought them for $450 on location- now granted they are mechanical but come on!

I just don't understand to huge disparity of pricing that goes on in this business.  I understand pricing a little high so you can come down a bit but pricing 2 to 3 times what something is worth is crooked to me.

Seems like this guy is looking for someone who does not know much about vending. He will say it is due to the value of the machines and the value of the route.

I would make your offer and then see what he says.

There is a guy here that repairs machines and offers locations for those prices. I think he buys machines that need work and fixes them, finds locations and then and sellthem on location.

From just reading the listings with the income and general equipment types, I would kick number 2 and 3 to the curb and work on picking up number 1 for $2000.  You need some additional information to even purchase this, what type of coin mech and validator does each machine have....those are the most important parts of the equipment.  After that check the compressor, is it clean, does it cool quietly?  Always check those out.  If you aren't sure, write down the type and ask some of the board members like Bill at Technivend.  He can tell you and I could probably give you some advice as well.  There is nothing wrong with buying a good set up location if the price is fair.

And to qive you a quick answer to your question about mechanical machines compared to commercial equipment, it all comes down to length of service.  Mechanical machines may last 5 to 6 years.  Commerical equipment like Dixie Narco lasts 40 years. Compare it to riding a bike or driving a car.  The bike works for the short trip but the car is good for the long haul. 

Blue Moose