google.com, pub-6262331124919164, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Jump to content

Start up books or kits

massmann

Hey thanks for the info on LLC. I'm going to go that route. I did a little reading and if i understood right i just pay taxes on profit after it is included to my income on 1040 right? What about sales tax or anything like that or would that be for soda vending or things like that?

You are correct about taxes on profit. As for sales tax, that depends on the laws of your state and if you are vending full line or bulk. Some states (like Ohio) differentiate between soda and candy for sales tax.

The Texas dept of taxation website can answer this Q for you (or another full line TX member here).

Regardless, your LLC pays the sales tax and that is taken from your LLC's income before profits are determined.

Kevin

Don't waste your money on a start-up kit or books. Kevin is right. Get 20 posts and you can gain access to the members plus section and the vending library here. There is nothing in the start-up kit from the vendingconnection.com that you can't get here for free.

U know guys I really want to become successful with this.Tired of letting oppourtunities pass me by. I am a route delivery driver for a freight company and have gotten many contact numbers and talked to people already about placing bulk candy machines in their business. Some have even surprised me by not having soda or snack machines. I want to get this started but I want it to be done RIGHT!! A few of them have told me when I get it up and going give them a card and we'll talk. Just searching for all info I can to educate myself.

Well, it seems you have the right attitude, and that is half of the battle.

You should decide if you want to do full line or bulk. Each has their own pros and cons. I would advise against doing both at first as they are very different, but once you are established it is fine to mix and match.

In the full line forum, there are a couple of good posts about full line vs. bulk. I don't have the time to search fully right now, but here are a couple of threads:

http://vendiscuss.com/forum/index.php?topic=2879.0

http://vendiscuss.com/forum/index.php?topic=6300.0

A lot of people here use bulk accounts to get full line accounts and vice-versa.

Again, my best advice to you would be as follows:

1) Take a few days and read as many posts as you can here.

2) Ask Q after doing #1

3) Get 20 posts and get access to Member's Plus

4) Read Member's Plus

5) Ask more Q :)

6) Go vend!

Kevin

Lol you mean my idea of using my bulk machines to get the full line is not original!!!!! You know all this started with small talk with a guy filling up a soda machine in a warehouse. I belive he created a monster. I know it would depend on individual needs but at what point would you have to do this full time? My ultimate goal is to work for myself and have the potential for unlimited income unlike now where if someones feelings get hurt I have hours cut.

There are a few here who do this fulltime. It really depends on how much money you personally need. Someone who only needs $1000/wk would have different requirements than someone who needs $1000/mo.

A lot depends on the location you have, etc. You'll hear $7/head avg. quoted for bulk machines a lot. I don't know what the avg. is for full line. However, your costs for bulk will be 25-30% and for full line close to 50%. You'll also have the cost of taxes, gas, maintenance, etc.

So, let's say you are doing full line and you need $1000/wk. You'll actually have to *gross* close to $2500/wk. To do that, you'll need 5 awesome machines, or 10 good ones, or 25 average ones.

Kevin

I know it would depend on individual needs but at what point would you have to do this full time?

You would have to do this full time, when the time it takes you to service machines makes you unable to perform your regular full time job.

It's hard to answer a question if we don't really know what your asking. How many machines do you need? How much does each machine make? How long does it take to service a machine/route? How much money do you need to invest before you can expect to replace your current job?

Sorry, I really have no idea what you are asking.

The answer was basically what you said, "You would have to do this full time, when the time it takes you to service machines makes you unable to perform your regular full time job." At that point I assume I would have alot of machines and they are bringing in a consistant flow of income. After putting time in research and asking questions I have found that it's how well your machines produce for you. I can't wait to get to the point where some of you guys are.

Massmann

In Texas we have an advantage for bulk vendors. There is no sales tax on anything bulk vended for $.50 or less.

Full line vendors pay sales tax on 100% of soda sales and 50% of sales from snack machines.

I am too lazy to look up the web site address, but I found it by googleing for it.

As someone who started Full line vending while working full time, if I could do it again I would chage a few things.

1- start out with bulk vending. Candy/Gum is a cheap way to get started. Add racks with toys and stickers/tatoos (longer service cycles with no spoilage).

2- add 3rd party coke machines to locations that show the need.

3- build the bulk and soda vending before jumping into snack machines.

Here is the reasons

-Bulk candy/gum machines - service 1-2 months, deal with spoilage, machines are cheap as little as $25 for vendstars used

-Racks - service 3-4 months, no spoilage, machines cost a little more.

-3rd party soda - servie 2-4 weeks, less propit per vend, but higher volume vends, no equipment

cost.

snack vending- service 1-2 weeks, spoilage/out of date products, machine cost are high

Everyone has their own pererances, but I have found that bulk vending is a good way to start if you are working full time.

ok sbishop I have a question what do you mean when you say add 3rd party coke machine? Idid find a few locations I have asked about bulk machines that do not have soda machines and that really surprised me. So I was also looking possibly adding that in also.