Kyle Guth aka Guth Vending

Lucero

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you fully understand that you have brought undue attention to yourself, and I'm sure there will be more than 1 person in this forum that will watch what you say, and will catch you if you try to lie again.

Look, I'm a newbie too, advice is helpful, and depending how a person reacts to the advice could make or break a business and a bank account.  I didn't want to offend you, but you have to understand that by making up stories about your experiences, people were apt to listen.......Not saying your advice was bad, but it wasn't based off of true knowledge.  When it comes to peoples business, or more importantly, their money, it's best to only offer advice if you know..

I dunno, you kind of remind me of that Holiday Inn commercial.................You know, when a guy is offering advice on investing, and when asked if he was an investor, he said, Oh no, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.........Trust me, you don't want to be that guy.

As long as you fully understand that you have brought undue attention to yourself, and I'm sure there will be more than 1 person in this forum that will watch what you say, and will catch you if you try to lie again.

Look, I'm a newbie too, advice is helpful, and depending how a person reacts to the advice could make or break a business and a bank account.  I didn't want to offend you, but you have to understand that by making up stories about your experiences, people were apt to listen.......Not saying your advice was bad, but it wasn't based off of true knowledge.  When it comes to peoples business, or more importantly, their money, it's best to only offer advice if you know..

I dunno, you kind of remind me of that Holiday Inn commercial.................You know, when a guy is offering advice on investing, and when asked if he was an investor, he said, Oh no, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.........Trust me, you don't want to be that guy.

I haven't noticed a change in his actions.  I belong to other communities covering other material and have moderated on a couple boards.

I'd have at least given Kyle a time out by now.

Farmer_John wrote:

I haven't noticed a change in his actions.  I belong to other communities covering other material and have moderated on a couple boards.

I'd have at least given Kyle a time out by now.

Right.  I don't want to be the only one that keeps pointing this out... otherwise I just look like a bully, but he clearly hasn't cut down on his advice giving and claims about what he has done or is doing.   

Black Panther:  This is the only one now! :)  Check out a google for bulk vending in google... you'll find kickstart, bulk vendors anonymous, vendingchat and one or two others.

Turn back now, BP!  This is where it's at :)  The only advantage one or two of the others have, is that they already banned Kyle :P

"but he clearly hasn't cut down on his advice giving and claims about what he has done or is doing."

For one, have I been saying I have 200 machines the past few days? No, I have not been saying what I have done in the past, that's the past, I have said my apologises, you said you would stop, and you have not. What more do you want? I gave my apologies.

What I am doing? I'm working my butt off actually Lucero. Vendiscuss is my life, and i'm not going to screw my membership with this site up. I placed 1 box today, 1st stop. Am I telling you a lie, no. I also ordered 1 more machine from A&A today (PM Supreme, new coin mech, yellow in color, with a 30" stand). You guys are slitting my throat, for doing what I do. I am a full time vendor, and I would like to give advice, and tell you what I do. 

I screwed up in the past, told you all sorry, so please get off my back,

Kyle 

But he still has 7 years in business in his Tag.

Look Kyle, I said it before, you put attention on yourself, and because of that, members of this forum will slam you at every opportunity you give them.  My advice to you is don't give us the opportunity by only giving advice about what you know, or at least, say, I'm a newbie, but this is what I do.

Just think of all of us as Drill Sargents in the USMC.  We find a weakness, tear you down, but help to build you back up.  In the end, you will be a better man.

"but he clearly hasn't cut down on his advice giving and claims about what he has done or is doing."

For one, have I been saying I have 200 machines the past few days? No, I have not been saying what I have done in the past, that's the past, I have apologises, you said you would stop, and you have not. What more do you want? I gave my apologies from my heart.

What I am doing? I'm working my butt off actually Lucero. Vendiscuss is my life, and i'm not going to screw my membership with this site up. I placed 1 box today, 1st stop. Am I telling you a lie, no. I also ordered 1 more machine from A&A today (PM Supreme, new coin mech, yellow in color, with a 30" stand). You guys are slitting my throat, for doing what I do. I am a full time vendor, and I would like to give advice, and tell you what I do. 

I screwed up in the past, told you all sorry, so please get off my back,

Kyle 

I changed the years. Thanks for calling that to my attention.

I know more about vending than most *newbies* due. I have studied for what seems like years, and one way to reward me, besides using it my my biz, is to share it with other people. That is what I do, and it is hard to stop.

I really don't work well with constructive criticism I do understand your point of view, but i'm just not the type of person to tear down. I rebuild myself to fast, and that sometimes is not to good.

I know more about vending than most *newbies* due. I have studied for what seems like years, and one way to reward me, besides using it my my biz, is to share it with other people. That is what I do, and it is hard to stop.

I really don't work well with constructive criticism I do understand your point of view, but i'm just not the type of person to tear down. I rebuild myself to fast, and that sometimes is not to good.

That's just the issue Kyle, how you're present things.  I'm sure it's a pretty safe bet to say that 95% of your advice is parroted from people that are more experienced than you on other forums, and you pass it off as your own knowledge.  Couple that with an extremely active career of lying to people about who you are so that you can tell them THEY are newbies and don't know what they are talking about makes for any advice coming from you a very negative thing.  If you presented something as:

'Well I haven't had the experience myself, as I have 5 months in the biz and 30 heads, but Caserri over at vendiscuss endorses product X for reason Z, and I understand he has over 600 heads.  If you try it out I'd be interested to hear what you had to say about it too.'

You'd get a very different reaction than

'WRONG!  i have 7 years in the biz with 300 triple heads and that product MOVES LIKE LIGHTING.  Ur just a newbie sew listen to what im saing to you. Anywon who gets product X WILL MAKE MONEY. Geez.'

You're still in the main forums talking as though you have years and years of actual hands on experience, when it's only been a few months.

Kyle, let me put this in simple terms.  I can read books, I can browse the internet, and learn alot of things about vending and other things that interest me.  I can study the business from A to Z, hell, I can get a Masters in Vending Economics, but all that book work, all that reading does not even come close to 1 year of actual experience.  Trust me on that one.

This is a part time biz for me, but in my real job, when I hire someone, I don't really look at his education as much as I look at his experience.  That is what this whole ordeal is all about.  It's not saying you haven't learned the biz... Anyone can read a book on this subject, it's the sheer notion that you are using someone elses true experiences as your own, and are using this to give advice......Give advice about what you know, let the other guys give you advice about what they know, and more importantly, if you don't know first hand, don't give advice, unless you specifically say, "This is what the book says to do"....By doing this, you give advice indirectly.

No offense, but what is that? Im here to learn from other vendors, I dont care if they have 3 machines or 3000, I just want the information to be based on an actual route not something read on the web.

Sometimes new vendors 'think outside the box' and thats great, an example of this is that several new vendors are running dentyne ice which I am watching to see how that goes.

But, if you say something is moving, and its just an idea, something you have seen online, that you have embellished into something else, then it can hurt peoples bottom line. You recommended Jelly Belly gb and I added that to my oakleaf order to try it, after this bs broke, I took it off. The bottom line is I dont know how well that stuff could sell for me, but I am not going to buy them based on your recommendation, you could be running a bunch or none at all.

Jimbo

Lucero, I don't have grammar like that anymore man. Plus, I capitalize stuff.

That's the problem, I like to help people. I give advice on subjects I have knowledge/experience on. If someone come on here talking about "mega-touch" games, I would not comment. But if someone came on here talking about cranes, I would comment about that, as I have experience in that field. I have almost 1 year (got my 1st machine as a B-Day present in march) of hands on experience. I try to locate machines everyday, and I fill machines everyday. I have acquired a vast amount of knowledge in about 300 days time. It is just hard to to give my experience.

Jimbo: I use JB on my route man, I did not make that up, it is not an idea. Ask someone else that uses it how it does! 

can we now lay off of this poor kid and concentrate on vending?he is improveing and changed his years of experiance thing that was bothering so many.as much as I disliked the kid I actualy am sympathizing with him now.

kyle just dont take credit if the advice isnt yours and dont lie and it seems we can all get along.

by the way kyle,how many machines do you actually own?do u live at home?

I know, I know, I'm sorry......But we were in the break room, not ranting and raving about it in the other areas.......Just wanted to make damn certain he understands......But, I really was being polite, I was actually trying to help him out in the long run.  I believe he gets the point, don't you Kyle.  Probably, the best thing to do is to let Steve erase this post so we can all start over.

antoniocinisi wrote:

can we now lay off of this poor kid and concentrate on vending?he is improveing and changed his years of experiance thing that was bothering so many.as much as I disliked the kid I actualy am sympathizing with him now.

kyle just dont take credit if the advice isnt yours and dont lie and it seems we can all get along.

I know, I know, I'm sorry......But we were in the break room, not ranting and raving about it in the other areas.......Just wanted to make damn certain he understands......But, I really was being polite, I was actually trying to help him out in the long run.  I believe he gets the point, don't you Kyle.  Probably, the best thing to do is to let Steve erase this post so we can all start over.

antoniocinisi wrote:

I vote 'nay' on the post deleting.  Of course, this is a benevolent theocracy, not a democracy :)  Didn't we have a similar conversation to this a few days ago, just after Kyle apologized, and then we continued to see the rampant advice-giving as though he were experienced?  I'm all for toning it down now and backing off, even if he DOES keep up with the farce(because at some point, we'd just have to accept that he's not changing, and simply ignore it), but if we delete the thread, we'll lose the record of Kyle going ahead and coming forward as having been deceiving people willfully for months and months.  If he starts up again, then what? Anyone who didn't catch the thread (new people for intance) would just be in the dark.

Meh.  At least he's not picking on Seaga anymore :)

I have been quietly monitoring the Kyle debacle and would like to get the members input as to what should be done about him. Does he appear to be making an effort to change? I have noticed that he added a "disclaimer" to his signature.

I have reservations about outright banning him but I was thinking maybe a probationary period may be in order? I can tag him as being a "probationary member" and restrict his posting privileges for a period of time. The probationary tag will be visible under his screen name on all his posts to alert new members of his status as well. Under probationary status, he will still be able to view posts but will not have the ability to post himself.

My number 1 concern, as stated by Jimbo and others, is that the advice or information he gives out here would do financial harm to those who are not aware of his past. I feel it is my obligation, as your host, to do what I can to protect the membership from false or misleading information.  

I think this is a more than generous course of action which will allow him to think about what he posts when he re-gains member status. If the probationary period has no effect, then the option to ban him would be available.

If you are for this course of action let me know either here or if you prefer anonymity, through a PM. Also If you are for it, let me know what you think is a reasonable probationary time period.  

Steve

I have been quietly monitoring the Kyle debacle and would like to get the members input as to what should be done about him. Does he appear to be making an effort to change? I have noticed that he added a "disclaimer" to his signature.

I have reservations about outright banning him but I was thinking maybe a probationary period may be in order? I can tag him as being a "probationary member" and restrict his posting privileges for a period of time. The probationary tag will be visible under his screen name on all his posts to alert new members of his status as well. Under probationary status, he will still be able to view posts but will not have the ability to post himself.

My number 1 concern, as stated by Jimbo and others, is that the advice or information he gives out here would do financial harm to those who are not aware of his past. I feel it is my obligation, as your host, to do what I can to protect the membership from false or misleading information.  

I think this is a more than generous course of action which will allow him to think about what he posts when he re-gains member status. If the probationary period has no effect, then the option to ban him would be available.

If you are for this course of action let me know either here or if you prefer anonymity, through a PM. Also If you are for it, let me know what you think is a reasonable probationary time period.  

Steve

His homage to Bob Butler not withstanding, it has come to pass that whatever he posts, my BS meter pegs in the red.

I'd not like to see the kid go away (as at least he's TRYING to do SOMETHING), but I believe given the nature of this board, some action is warranted.

Actually farmer john, I own a few of them. I play them, yes, but I have had experience with cranes long before you were here (it is not something I just started). My avatar is the brand, that I use.

Please don't ban me from Vendiscuss, I am making an effort to change.

Kyle

Thanks for proving my point son.

Since when does A&A ,manufacture cranes?  Your avatar is pulled from thier site...Sorry son.

My avatar is the brand, that I use.

This is your avatar:

Posted Image

an A&A po89 small cab.

just like this pic:

Posted Image

So, on a UTF crane, How do you set claw tension? How many axis motors are there?   How many clicks per coin?  Per dollar?  Brand and model of BV?  How long does it take for you to swap out a string?  Dip switch or keyboard for parameter sets?