1800 vending revenue calculator

caserri

Steve...I have on my watch list several auctions on ebay currently and some that have ended.  I have also won 3 units on there yesterday.  Craigslist has not been as useful for me but have checked a few times now.  Not as familiar with craigslist.

Jimbo....I have not had any deceptive advise yet that I am aware of but have seen some however that contradicts the majority that I have found.

Here is a question then for all....What do you consider a FAIR price for the 1.800 in particular?  I have been (as noted above) watching the second hand market and most seem to be selling around $175 give or take with shipping cost considered.  The one steve mentions was $153 if I'm not mistaken.  I have not been offered no where near the $300 plus shipping that has been flying around about them.  Yes looking at larger volume but with spill trays (which run $13) and with shipping would pay less than $250.  That is a $338 shipped machine apples to apples.

How about another question also.  If saying $10 is norm then with a $100 anytime of unit would take better than 10 months for payback.  In my scenario would take 2 years.  And all combinations in-between.  What return are you looking for?   What is wrong with 2 years if that would be the case?  Most other business opportunities take much, much longer than that do they not??

Thanks for all the comments and taking it all in.  I don't mean to come across negative just question things and drill for the real truth.  I like challenging people.

7mo return means a 170% ROI on your money = holy golpher.  2 year return = 50% ROI = amazing for anything other than bulk.    I'll talk about why it's not AS fun in bulk in a sec, but just comparing the two, you're recovering your money 3 times quicker with the first scenario... that doesn't appeal? :)

How about when you've made your money back in 7 mos, and you are able to double your operation, wheras you still have a dutch-rudder situation going on with the second scenario?

The reason the MASSIVE return on bulk isn't quite as sexy is because of the time/energy requirements.  It's hard to grow past making 90 or 100k a year as a single individual.  I had a full time job making about that(plus option-grants and health insurance and vacation time), with no 'investment' other than an interview.

To me, $150 shipped seems fair for a 1-800 machine.  I have ordered one off of ebay, and was thoroughly unimpressed, although there are more than one forum members who stand by the quality of the 1-800 machine.

-Lucero

My opinion is 100-160 or so would be fair new. The spill tray if it is an option is a good idea. You should look to pay for the machine in under a year, ideally I like to get it done in 7 months.

The problem with 2 years is that if your my competition then I will be growing 2+ times as fast as you which means I will have locked up most locations and even if you do get in them I will have the better selections, better spot inside, etc.

Why make things harder for yourself.

Jimbo