The USI 3155B

Paraflier

1300 is a bargain for that machine. It is not like a regular combo in the sense that it is really 2 machines in 1 cabinet. You get a CB300 soda and a shallow 24 select snack. The soda portion should also chill your candy side. The picture you are showing is of the SM6 board. While not the latest and greatest board it is a very dependable, tried and true platform.

1300 is a bargain for that machine. It is not like a regular combo in the sense that it is really 2 machines in 1 cabinet. You get a CB300 soda and a shallow 24 select snack. The soda portion should also chill your candy side. The picture you are showing is of the SM6 board. While not the latest and greatest board it is a very dependable, tried and true platform.

I'm with you there(especially the 1300.00 part). I've got  one myself, the only problem I've had with it is that I had to fix the hinge to the inner door on the soda side. Typical Wittern poor design, the hinge pivot bracket is too small to handle the weight of the door opening and closing and once it's out of alignment it's affects the outer door.

I'm not a big fan of combo units either but it is useful in certain applications, like in the back of a warehouse where it's not worthwhile to put in full size equipment but enables you to offer something someone else won't or can't.

My .02

Seller states has been on location for 4 years. No contracts or commissions. He says it needs 2 bulbs, and 2 wheels put back on the4 candy drawer. Are these easy to come by? Wheels on the candy drawer?

Last 12 month Gross was $1900.00 (50% COG look at about 950 net--Speculation on net. Factual on gross)  :-\

• 3 years later...

I was doing some googling on the 3155 combo.  I'm in need of doing some rearranging as a current location is expanding.  After moving some things around I'll have the combo machine as an extra. 

So considering selling it or storing it.  Mine is not in the greatest of conditions.  1300 was a bargain on this 4 years ago looking at the posts above.  Well, what about now and what about for a machine that has two motors out of service along with a good amount of rust on the shelf runners and just crap built up under the drink drop tray.  It sits in a place that mixes chemicals and what's in the air is not good for machines.  It could be cleaned up with a solid days of work off site.  It cools fine, runs fine, working bill acceptor, coins,etc.

Basically could I still get 1000 for it.  Is that reasonable to ask or even as a trade value?  Maybe even trade for a working snack machine?  (Which is what I need)

Thanks - just thought I would ask for opinions after seeing this thread already started.

I've been vocal about my dislike of USI equipment in the past. If you don't know their quirks, or if you have not operated them very much before, you will probably have tons of issues, and a lot of difficulty solving them.  As Mission said, USI is typically known for several things, poor/cheap manufacturing and poor design are two of them.  Serial machine bugs and intermittent component failures and revivals are some others.  You would be far better off IMO with a National or AP machine.  All this is not even mentioning the fact that combos are more trouble than anything else besides. 

Its not a bad price if the machine works and lasts.

Seller states has been on location for 4 years. No contracts or commissions. He says it needs 2 bulbs, and 2 wheels put back on the4 candy drawer. Are these easy to come by? Wheels on the candy drawer?

Last 12 month Gross was $1900.00 (50% COG look at about 950 net--Speculation on net. Factual on gross)  :-\

The problem here is the gross.  $1,900 is not worth fooling with when you break it down.  To do about $150 a month out of a combo machine, you'll need to service it twice because combos don't hold much and the best sellers will always sell out if you only go once during that period.  This means you'll be lucky to net $40 a trip - to succeed in this business you should be making a $100 a trip at minimum.  While this might sound like a lot - don't worry, you'll have a number of other expenses coming out of that C-note.  This is why experienced vendors avoid combo only accounts like the plague.

That said, USI machines are not my brand of choice but they're a hell of a lot better than most of the combo machines on the market which are made in China.  If you're just starting out,  consider picking up a good used soda machine and stick it in an auto body shop.

Hey everybody, we're replying to an original thread from 2009 that Loach replied to as he wants to know what the value of his machine is now, in 2013. 

Loach,  the value of this machine is basically going to be either what you can get for it on craigslist or, as you want to try, what you might get as a trade toward a snack machine that you need.  There aren't too many people that like this particular gigantic machine so don't expect much value in a trade unless they feel they can resell it.  In particular, if your model is prior to the redesign USI did on it about 3 years ago, this is probably a real old machine, and it's rough as you said.  I doubt you will get more than $800 to $1000 for in on CL, if that.  I sold one for $400 a few months ago just to get it out of my shop.  I got the machine for free from a customer who bought 2 separate machines from me for the account.  He didn't want to ever see that problem child again and just gave it to me.

Hey everybody, we're replying to an original thread from 2009 that Loach replied to as he wants to know what the value of his machine is now, in 2013. 

Loach,  the value of this machine is basically going to be either what you can get for it on craigslist or, as you want to try, what you might get as a trade toward a snack machine that you need.  There aren't too many people that like this particular gigantic machine so don't expect much value in a trade unless they feel they can resell it.  In particular, if your model is prior to the redesign USI did on it about 3 years ago, this is probably a real old machine, and it's rough as you said.  I doubt you will get more than $800 to $1000 for in on CL, if that.  I sold one for $400 a few months ago just to get it out of my shop.  I got the machine for free from a customer who bought 2 separate machines from me for the account.  He didn't want to ever see that problem child again and just gave it to me.

In the immortal words of Rosanna Anna Danna,  "NEVER MIND"

......................... wonder if the guy bought that machine (hope not)