Commision vs. Charity

adkarr24

I am just starting to entertain the idea of bulk vending and want to do my research before I jump in. My question has to do with commision versus charity.

I do like the idea of charity. I would want to direct money to local charities rather than a national charity, but I am wondering if businesses ever give you a hard time. Do they ever question if  the money really goes to charity and how much and all of that?

On the commision side, I am certainly not opposed to it. My problem is, if I am making $15-$20 a month if I'm lucky, and offering 20% as commision, is the business going to look at me like I am trying to scam them? I mean were talking $4 or less a month!

Obviously, I am new at this and am just trying to figure out what is the best way to get started. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Ahh....The ago old bulk vending question.  This ranks up there with Yankees or Red Sox, Black or White, Pepsi or Coke, and some of the other great decisions in the world.

I would say do both!  Why limit yourself.  Charity will allow a locator to find you locations, Commision will allow you to land the big accounts.  I sort of look at it as a stock portfolio, be diverse.

every once in awhile you will get a place that will question whether or not the charity is benefiting from the machine. My past experience is that its normally places that dont do well! don't know why, but it seems like those are the places that give you the spanish inquisition about your charity angle.

commission, only seems to make sense if you are getting a real good location. I have 2 commission triples, but once its said and done, they are not very good money makers. commission is for racks. 

It is easier to locate on charity than on commission. On commission you need a real decision maker, on charity if one manager lets you in the other is usually to lazy to kick you out. Some are real jerks, but a couple months later you can leave an anonymous comment card at the location saying the manager did improper things. Karma isn't so much a cosmic force as me punishing people whom I believe deserve it :)