Rack Security?

The Mage

• 1 month later...

It looks like it will work. The wire is no doubt wrapped around the bottom of the  stand. Someone would have to lift the entire rack off the ground to allow the loop to clear the top of the pole. That is a lot of unbalanced weight to move.

This is my thought also. I looked at the length of the cord and it would be a substantial amount of weight to move the rack high enough to get that cord over the top.

I suppose if you are worried about theft, that may give you some peace of mind. My intuiion is you just spent a few extra bucks that was not necessary. Frankly, I have had machines here Central America for over a year and have not lost any to theft. I HAVE had to track a couple down when the owner closed their business or moved. All is well with fingers crossed, knocking on wood.

Pura Vida,

Jeff

The picture doesn't give a good idea of how long the cable actually is.  I have been tempted to pull on the cable to see how close it would come to the top of that post, but am worried about how people would respond to somebody messing with the rack.