My Experience with Eddie Bauer locator

takeabreak

Contracted with Eddie Bauer aprox. 6 weeks ago for 6 machines (pay for 5) deal.  He handed off my job to a guy named Eric.  Initially, Eric worked very quickly to provide me with my locations.  He provided 6 locations in the first week.  4 out of the 6 went in.  The other 2 were- 1) a gas station that said they had no idea what I was talking about and that the owner never approved. 2) A hotel, that was actually out of business and had a sheet over the sign when I got there.  No big deal and Eric agreed to replace.  He provided replacement fairly quickly- a hairdresser and another gas station.  The gas station went in ok.  The hair dresser did not- it was a tiny shop, which all ready had 2 machines there.  There really wasn't any room for my machine.  Also the owner, said that the current machines were not getting much attention so probably wouldn't be worth my while.  Again, I asked for a replacement.  This relacement took a couple weeks.- Some sort of Cafe.  I will be placing or trying to place it early next week.

Here are the results so far:

Metro PCS(2 other mchines there) -  1st month  $9.00 

Metro PCS - 1st month $19.00

Airport Plaza and Truck- 1st month - $1.25 wow- he agreed to replace for 1/2 price?:huh:!!!!!!!!

Cabinet Place - In on 11/09

Cafe- Going in Monday

Here are the results so far:

Metro PCS(2 other mchines there) -   1st month  $9.00   

Metro PCS - 1st month $19.00

Airport Plaza and Truck- 1st month - $1.25 wow- he agreed to replace for 1/2 price?:huh:!!!!!!!!

Cabinet Place - In on 11/09

Cafe- Going in Monday

well that just about sucks!! that 1.25 should be a free replacement, isn't that part of his contract?

that pcs with 2 other machines I probably not have accepted.

According to Eric at EB , they will replace for 1/2 price. 

Here is my opinion of my experience with EB so far:

They go to work quickly and work hard to get your locations fast.  This is good and bad as they do not necessarily secure the most profitable spots. They do not have a revenue gaurantee so I guess it is crucial to only accept locations that look promising.  I know they do allow you to refuse a location but I am not sure exactly how it all works. (will they make you jump through hoops? etc...)  As far as my $1.25 location, I guess I am SOL.  I should not have accepted this location but was anxious to get the machine out of my house.

I will update this topic in the days ahead.

I posted this once before, but it's worth writing again.  EB copied, almost word for word, Rob's(KS) website guarantee.  Literally!  And probably parts of Midwest/Central's as well.  So, I don't imagine much thought/sincerity went into it. 

Haven't used  EB yet.  Just the other 3.

You experience with Eddie was similiar to mine. So far I have used EB, KS, and Midwest  - plus one other locator that went out of business. The funny thing is that he got me a location and didn't even charge me for it. It pulls in almost $30/mo.

Otherwise, I have a $12/mo avg with KS, and $20/mo avg with MW. For EB, I don't have the numbers yet because I've had to pull every loc he's gotten me. So my machines are in new (i.e., <30 day) locs. However, I had a $7.20 avg with the replaced locs.

The funny thing is that both KS and EB had great communication and seemed to genuinely care about getting locs. With MW it seemed more like a business and was impersonal. That being said, I loved MW locs.

When the new lady took over, MW service went into the toilet. I don't use them anymore.

So, now, after almost 1 1/2yrs doing this, I am doing what all of the other experienced vendors are doing and self-locating. Actually, my wife and mother in-law :) My mother in-law actually has a $21/mo avg and my wife has a $14/mo avg. As bad as the $14/mo is, it is better than 2 of the 3 professional locators I've used. And my mother in-law's is the highest avg.

I didn't mean to hijack this thread into a general locator discussion. Just my $0.02 about EB and locators in general.

Kevin

Thanks for the input Kevin.  I am leaning towards the same conclusion regarding locating.  It just seems like the best locating will be done by yourself or those around you.  This way you can hand pick the locations to prospect. 

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had experience with full line through Eddie? I would like some feed back on the boards of what locations are doing etc monthly and if there were any similar issues

I got 2 full line locations from Eric & Eddie one is a gravy the other is doing so so.