Zoo Mania?

tooldini

I ordered some Zoo Mania 1-2 a few days ago and had to get them from the Arizona warehouse. Not that big of a deal but just now I was checking the site to leave some e-mail about them not sending my prints thru e-mail. I noticed Zoo Mania are no longer on the site. Just wondered if they were discontinued since they have Jungle mania now. Anyone heard anything?

I ordered some Zoo Mania 1-2 a few days ago and had to get them from the Arizona warehouse. Not that big of a deal but just now I was checking the site to leave some e-mail about them not sending my prints thru e-mail. I noticed Zoo Mania are no longer on the site. Just wondered if they were discontinued since they have Jungle mania now. Anyone heard anything?

Very interesting.

They were out of stock when I spoke to them last week.

I was told my order of 5 bags of zoo mania would not be shipped until Wed 12/3 - that's when they were expecting to receive shipment.

I got a confirmation email and fed ex tracking message indicating my order was shipped 12/2 (Tues).

So I know they have some in stock.

But considering it's off their page, I don't know what to think about the future of zoo mania.

I noticed the zoo mania 2 is also off the page and that they did have in stock last week when I was calling to order zoo #1.

if i was to drive to pick up a bunch of manias from the warehouse location in Marion, would a bunch of you be interested in buying all at the same time? I imagine I could save on shipping over brand's marked up shipping....

I think some vendors are depending too much on the maina series.  Brand is very high on freight and displays by the time you add it all up you have to vend at .50. and they are only in round caps so you have to vend from a gumball wheel so then you have to change them out then change back to vend back to 1.1.  to me they are just not worth it.  I also bought the new 2 inch from a machine and was not impressd.

I think some vendors are depending too much on the maina series.  Brand is very high on freight and displays by the time you add it all up you have to vend at .50. and they are only in round caps so you have to vend from a gumball wheel so then you have to change them out then change back to vend back to 1.1.  to me they are just not worth it.  I also bought the new 2 inch from a machine and was not impressd.

My experience is a little different.

Cost-wise the Mania through Brand are almost EXACTLY what I would pay for something like Monkeyin'-Around through A&A including shipping.

Though it's not good to "depend" on one category of item, given the Mania track-record, I'll take that over Monkeyin'-around if price is the same.

I just got my first order of Zoo Mania, I'll put their track-record to the test and let you all know how it goes.

As far as the wheel swap, that's also not something I have to deal with.

My Oak 450's can handle 1.1" acorns, 1" round (mania), and 32mm balls with no adjustments needed.

It's funny you mention buying a Mania from a machine, I did the same thing.

I too was not impressed. But the real experts (kids) seem to love them and that's what matters.

I know my kid's can't get enough of them right now.

Hi,

The manias look like they cost .08 each plus shipping.  Shipping is what always kills me.  So hopefully they will end up no more than .10 each. 

So depending on what they end up costing me, at what point do most of you vend these at .50 and do they sell at .50 for most people?

It would kind of be a pain.  I would either have to see if there is a .50 mech for a NW 60 and buy those and vend 1" items at .50, or vending them out of my 2" machines but then I have to buy those 2" capsules and recap all of them.

Thanks,

Steve

I understand your concern because you also pay 30-40% commission. You may want to try and find more generic stuff for your machines.

Well then just do what the bar owners do!  Water it down to increase profits!  Create a new display that says "Super Balls with Zoo Animals" and watch the quarters and margin grow!

Jax

it cost me $13.63 to ship from Arizona to Michigan for 3 bags I should have bought 5 I think :(

Yeah so that's pretty much .10 each.  So you make .15 each not counting the display cost.  Also not couting if you are doing commission.

So $37.50 profit on all 250 if you sell them all and have no additional costs.

I got taken for a ride on my Mini Malz and paid .14 each after shipping.  Man that hurts when you are making only .11.

Does everyone try and keep there .25 items at or under .10 each?

Steve

Well then just do what the bar owners do!  Water it down to increase profits!  Create a new display that says "Super Balls with Zoo Animals" and watch the quarters and margin grow!

Jax

Yeah Jax,

I need to place empty black boxes with quarter slots on stands, or vend every other item empty it seems. 

At 20% of gross commission.

$1.00 sales

.20      commission

.40      cog

------

.60    costs

____

.40 profit (40%)

Then you have your machine cost, gas, chariety, and locator cost to recover.  In the long run it pays off.  I am just getting started so it will take a while to pay off my machines, etc.

• 2 months later...

I just pulled from a shootin hoops with zoo mania and was happy to get 16.75 in 3 weeks at a farming community little restaurant. The owner told me that one man gets 1 a day when he leaves  LOL so adults do buy these

Maybe takes it home to a child or grandchild.

Either way, you're right...adults buy them too.

So those round caps hold up OK in the shootin' hoops, huh?

I wondered about that.

I wasn't sure if that little band around the seam was enough to hold the cap together while it was doing all that bouncing around in there.

I was out at the mall over the weekend, (It's valentines day dontchaknow!) and I was looking over its vending cart.  I noticed a few things. While this cart has mostly candy and gourmet gumballs, they also started selling some 1" zoo mania items.  There are 4 heads with mania, but I noticed that this guy had tried to pull a fast one on the unsuspecting customers.

If you look closely at the picture, you will see that he has a mania display, but he's selling 1" Mini-Malz instead.  I took a good look and I can't even say he's mixing malz with mania.  It looked to be 100% malz.  The ones with the malz is about 2/3 full.  The mania ones are about 1/3 full. 

This isn't the most ghetto mall in town, but it's certainly not the nicest either.

The second picture is unrelated to the mania/malz but I wanted to include it because it shows what kind of damages to your machines you can see out there in the wild.  It looks like somebody took their lighter and melted a hole in the globe.

Do you guys think it hurts bulk vending if you sell sets on ebay because you can get the cost of one bag back by selling a set or 2 of the special ones or even a complete set of the series?

I like your idea and I've thought about it myself and I've seen it done elsewhere.

I tried to sell the foofnicks as a full set of 8 but I had no takers.  Maybe it would work with the mania items.

Do you guys think it hurts bulk vending if you sell sets on ebay because you can get the cost of one bag back by selling a set or 2 of the special ones or even a complete set of the series?

Mania sets are already being sold on ebay!  I also see sets of NFL helmets and NFL stickers as well.  Neither seems to have hurt my sales so far.  Most people buy bulk toys on impulse and are usually not that sophisticated to surf the web for that specific stuff.  Besides, it more fun to try and spin for the item you really want and no shipping costs either!

Jax

I was out at the mall over the weekend, (It's valentines day dontchaknow!) and I was looking over its vending cart.  I noticed a few things. While this cart has mostly candy and gourmet gumballs, they also started selling some 1" zoo mania items.  There are 4 heads with mania, but I noticed that this guy had tried to pull a fast one on the unsuspecting customers.

If you look closely at the picture, you will see that he has a mania display, but he's selling 1" Mini-Malz instead.  I took a good look and I can't even say he's mixing malz with mania.  It looked to be 100% malz.  The ones with the malz is about 2/3 full.  The mania ones are about 1/3 full. 

He probably was out of stock and Brand most likely had none available either.  You really have to stockpile and carefully plan your orders of Mania otherwise you will run out and have no replacement stock for a few months.  Many vendors (including myself) water down their Mania to keep the price at a quarter.

Jax

He probably was out of stock and Brand most likely had none available either.  You really have to stockpile and carefully plan your orders of Mania otherwise you will run out and have no replacement stock for a few months.  Many vendors (including myself) water down their Mania to keep the price at a quarter.

I would certainly accept that as a logical answer, but since there were no other mania in the globe, I would have thought he would have switched displays and put in one for malz.