Buying a route.

kaiwakong

I plan on buying a route from someone soon that has 11 located machines. First off I need to know what to do about it. These machines are very close to my house. He will not let me know the address of the places because he said that a vender said you shouldn't let the buyer know until they buy the route. I feel that I need to check out the machines and see if they operate and if the keys even work. Does this sound like a scam or is this usually how it goes?

I plan on buying a route from someone soon that has 11 located machines. First off I need to know what to do about it. These machines are very close to my house. He will not let me know the address of the places because he said that a vender said you shouldn't let the buyer know until they buy the route. I feel that I need to check out the machines and see if they operate and if the keys even work. Does this sound like a scam or is this usually how it goes?

Super sleazy.  Would you marry a woman you haven't met yet? :)

I would not buy a route sight unseen. If the locations are poor, then just offer to buy the machines. If the machines are in poor shape, that would affect the purchase price. If you let him cool his heels for a bit, he'll come around if he really wants to sell.

Regards,

Philo

Considering I did buy my route and looked at others both full line and bulk, I can tell you that each vender I dealt with did exactly that. They would give me type of equipment and sales revenue but not the locations. Write up an agreement that allows a refundable deposit if everything is not kosher if you really want that route.

grumpy