Meet the "twins"

caserri

Here are a couple of my machines prepped and ready for duty! They are going out on assignment tomorrow. As you can see, I'm sticking with my single head/single product model.

Steve

Here are a couple of my machines prepped and ready for duty! They are going out on assignment tomorrow. As you can see, I'm sticking with my single head/single product model.

Steve

I love your labels Caserri.  I have used that technique with all of my machines.  Although now, I have taken to simply scanning each label once, and I have them printed at Kinkos.  1 laser card stock is actually cheaper than bringing a label in and laminating.  I find the M&M hand that gets preserved in the lower right part of the label to be hilarity.

-Lucero

EDIT: Good looking twins, grumpy.

i take it these are gonna be commisson soldiers? i didnt see a charity sticker on there?

Nope, These are charity. I have the stickers laminated on card stock so I can easily switch them from machine to machine. I never stick stickers on any of my machines. All I do is open the globe and slide them down inside facing out. It keeps them from getting destroyed as well.

Steve

I love those labels also!  Nice looking machines Steve.  The more I read on here the more I learn.  I just finished sticking charity labels on the outside of my machines.  I like Steve's idea better. I may pick up a laminating machine at Staples.

I love those labels also!  Nice looking machines Steve.  The more I read on here the more I learn.  I just finished sticking charity labels on the outside of my machines.  I like Steve's idea better. I may pick up a laminating machine at Staples.

Packing tape is cheaper than a laminating machine and it works great.

David (OK so I'm cheap) I have to be I have 4 kids to raise.......:D

i take it these are gonna be commisson soldiers? i didnt see a charity sticker on there?

Nope, These are charity. I have the stickers laminated on card stock so I can easily switch them from machine to machine. I never stick stickers on any of my machines. All I do is open the globe and slide them down inside facing out. It keeps them from getting destroyed as well.

Steve

That's another reason why I like the Oak machines.  I have the Oak Vista 300's and some of the 450's and I can easily place charity stickers on the lids.  This works well for when I have to change the machine from a charity to a commission machine by switching the lids with ones that don't have the stickers on it.  However, these and NW-style are the only machines I have found that will let me do that.  All the other machines have a texture to the lids that will prevent a sticker from sticking.

Thats a great idea too Darryl. The biggest reason why I laminate them and put them inside is to keep them from being written on or peeled off and destroyed. When I started, I used to just peel and stick but I noticed that kids love to draw on things and use my stickers as a doodle pad. Some (I assume older kids) would just peel them right off. Any way you look at it, the stickers themselves are an expense to me so I figured I'd place them in the globe as well. Being able to swap them from machine to machine was a secondary benefit that I never even thought about until after I had to do it.

Steve

Thats a great idea too Darryl. The biggest reason why I laminate them and put them inside is to keep them from being written on or peeled off and destroyed. When I started, I used to just peel and stick but I noticed that kids love to draw on things and use my stickers as a doodle pad. Some (I assume older kids) would just peel them right off. Any way you look at it, the stickers themselves are an expense to me so I figured I'd place them in the globe as well. Being able to swap them from machine to machine was a secondary benefit that I never even thought about until after I had to do it.

Steve

I like your idea!  I may do that instead.  However one of the other reasons that I put the sticker on the lid was so that it allowed for more room to show the product card in the front.  But I've had all those same things happen to me that you described.  I've had to replace some labels because of it.

Who do you have for your charity?  I have NCCS, and I believe that they will replace any damaged labels that you may have.  You'd have to check to make sure tho.