2010 CONTEST DOOZY!

caserri

With the successes of Beer Man's Spring Fling drawing AND BluePlates "Web-A-Thon" drawing, I just wanted to throw this out there as well....

Get ready for another great drawing coming in 2010. The participation period will last most of the year so you can imagine that it will be for something good! It will also give you full liners a reason to participate!  ;)

Stay tuned, details are coming...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, Here we go. Sorry for the delay on this but I've been rolling this contest around in my brain for quite some time. Since it's already February, I need to get going on this.

So here we go. First a little background information.

As you may have noticed, I've recently added the capability for vending industry businesses to purchase advertising space on a limited basis. My vision is to have these advertisers pay most of, if not all the cost of actually running of the board. Our supporters have done a great job of helping out in the past but I would like to utilize the donations from members differently. With most of the cost of running the board hopefully covered by advertising, starting this year, I would like to use more of the donation money to fund a major annual contest and maybe smaller contests throughout the year.

The annual contests will be raffle based like the "Web-A-Thon" and "Spring Fling". The cost of each entry will be $10 and will be cumulative throughout the year. Meaning you can donate $10 once and get entered or you can donate $1 each month for 10 months and be entered.

This years winner will get their choice of ONE of the following prizes...

• A nice rack! A brand new 5 way NorthWestern rack on a Silver Sentinel stand. (Includes 2 NW80s and 3 NW60s

• A Triple Triple! 3 NorthWestern Tripleplays.

• 10 NW super 60's! Your choice of wheels and colors.

• CHC! Cold hard cash! A $500.00 prepaid VISA card to spend as you wish. (a little something for the full liners to get excited about)

The entry period will run retro-active from 01-01-2010 until 12-15-2010. The drawing will be performed by a third party on or around 12-16-2010. Hopefully if this years doozy goes well we can continue to do this each year.

Also, remember that there will be additional smaller contests throughout the year as well.

Good luck to everyone and I apologize for keeping you hanging for so long!  :)

This is definitely awesome!  Just a reminder, you send that charity a dollar a month all they did was assist you with locating, how many ways has this site helped you.  Now your not just giving back for this invaluable resource there smokin hot prizes to boot. :o

Steve,

Is there more than 1 entry? In other words would a 100.00 donation give 10 chances or just 1?

Hillbilly

Hey Hillwilliam,

You can enter as many times as you like and you don't have to donate a "whole entry" with each donation.

At the end of the year, your donations will be totaled and you'll get one entry for every $10 donated over the year.

So yes, a donation of $100 will give you 10 chances. So far you have 2 entries in this contest.

As a lurker of a few weeks, I had already planned to start donating since I am certainly getting more out of my reading here than I could get from any ebook.  And I had also decided that my ideal machine would be the Northwestern 60s.  So this may be an opportune time to start kickin' in for my education.

I've visited a lot of different types of blogs and forums, and I have to say this one sure has a great group of people.  I like the way the site is run and this is certainly a great contest.  Not many sites do this sort of thing, and as a new member I do appreciate it.

Dave

These appear to be the machine of choice for a lot of people here.  And since many posters are open to trying an awful lot of different setups, that makes their choice all the more valuable.  So I think these are great prizes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived