28 day cycle

Location 1- bulk 5:  103.75

Location 2- bulk 6, 2 column sticker:  145.25

Location 3-Bulk 7, 4 column sticker:  281.25

From that it breaks down this far:

Bulk gross:  405.00

Sticker gross:  125.25

Commission paid:  Dan't ask...

That's 20.88 per sticker column and 22.50 per head.

Biggest sellers were the good old standards for my area: 

1.1s:  Stickys, jewelry.

2.0s:  Flashing jewelry, wrist bands.

Homies, a perenial favorite....flat as a pancake...

Remember, I'm running 1.1 and gumballs at .50 and 2.0 and stickers at .75.

I'm chocking here! What are those locations? 103.75 off of bulk? DANG farmer..great numbers!

Kyle

Bulk is what we do Kyle.  I wouldn't expect you to be so shocked, since you're now an accomplished crane operator...mine always outgrossed my bulk, when looked at machine to machine.

As I report from month to month, I'm pretty sure most of you will see that though single, double, triples, Uturns...etc are good to get your feet wet and can certainly make money ( I would never insult any of you.  We're on the same team), a few well placed multi head racks can gross you as much or more, without turning your odometer over yearly.

It's something, if you really like this, to work toward.  These locations got handed to me on a platter, I got lucky.  I serviced them for two years while I did it full time and knew the guy that bought them away from Coinstar.

The real measure of my success, will be to repeat revenues like these at locations I place.

Those days are coming.

Thanks for the report FJ. Those numbers look real nice for a 28 day cycle. I used to do racks as well but I tore them all down. I was loosing way too much money on dead weight. I know it's all about getting the right locations and I just didn't have any good ones. I believe geography plays a big part as well. It's tough to find any place around here that will accommodate a rack set up. Those that do are usually duds.

When I tore my racks down I went to all doubles and from there I am going to all singles. (As you probably know) After an initial downturn in sales, I am starting to see some good revenue gains just recently. I will be posting another report soon but I will say that I've gained roughly $1.00 per head / per month. Pretty substantial.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Steve

Here's the stinger.  these machines are making just as much as they did this time of year 2 years ago.  Like within a couple of dollars.

So, I'm pulling as much revenue out and using less product.  You'll note that my per head (column) revenue averages are at or near national averages.

Making money is the name of the game.  When you're paying $40+- for a case of 250 2" caps (.16 per), $20+- for 1.1 caps (.08 per) and 16 bucks for a case of assorted (.02 per), you gotta cover your costs.  Higher prices are coming, better embrace it.

Thanks for the report FJ. Those numbers look real nice for a 28 day cycle. I used to do racks as well but I tore them all down. I was loosing way too much money on dead weight. I know it's all about getting the right locations and I just didn't have any good ones. I believe geography plays a big part as well. It's tough to find any place around here that will accommodate a rack set up. Those that do are usually duds.

When I tore my racks down I went to all doubles and from there I am going to all singles. (As you probably know) After an initial downturn in sales, I am starting to see some good revenue gains just recently. I will be posting another report soon but I will say that I've gained roughly $1.00 per head / per month. Pretty substantial.

Thanks again and keep up the great work!

Steve

Which is why I stated that these are great little family restaurants that were handed to me, ready to go.  I won't know how good my plan is until I plant a few more racks in a few more restaurants.

I'm just trying to do it better than the next guy.

FJ:

Last week I went to have lunch with Jr. at Oakland U. where he goes to school. We ate at the Applebees across from campus. They had a 7 or 9 head setup. On the bottom they had mm's, which were 3/4 gone. All the other heads had caps or stickers. It struck me as odd since the clients were either college students or office workers, not many kids at all. I asked the hostess if she'd ever seen anyone use it, and she said that the employees usually eat the mm's, otherwise no.

It just seems like a mismatch. An expensive one at that. If you had that location, would you replace the toys with candy to drive revenue, or dump the location?

Regards,

Philo

I"ve been surprised at the amount of adults that buy the branded stuff.  Homies, Disney, Marvel comic figurines.

All the area Applebees that I've been to (generally once, I have yet to get decent service in a metro Applebees) have that wierd mix.  I've never understood it.

Leos Coney is the other anomoly.  Great racks, very infrequent services...odd product.

Some locations are sneaky, in that they don't look like they've been used at all, but deliver decent revenues (100.00+ in a 28 day cycle)

I can't say I'd pull it, though I don't like running just pan candy.

Old car salesman line:  There's an golpher for every seat...

• 1 month later...

35 day cycle

Location 1- bulk 5:  99.00

Location 2- bulk 6, 2 column sticker:  165.75

Location 3-Bulk 7, 4 column sticker:  330.50

From that it breaks down this far:

Bulk gross:  451.25

Sticker gross:  144.00

Commission paid:  Dan't ask...

That's 24.00 per sticker column and 25.07 per head.

Biggest sellers were the good old standards for my area: 

Remember, I'm running 1.1 and gumballs at .50 and 2.0 and stickers at .75.

Those are incredible numbers John. They are getting better by the month. I would love to see your 2008 plans in the "Building your Empire" topic on the forums.

I may be getting ready to place a few sticker/tattoo machines in my area. I am going with 3 column machines. Before I start buying product to fill all the machines, what would you say are the best selling stickers and tattoo's. I have been checking out places, on-line to buy. It looks like there is a good profit margin in these items.

Any information you could provide me would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Gary

Those are incredible numbers John. They are getting better by the month. I would love to see your 2008 plans in the "Building your Empire" topic on the forums.

I may be getting ready to place a few sticker/tattoo machines in my area. I am going with 3 column machines. Before I start buying product to fill all the machines, what would you say are the best selling stickers and tattoo's. I have been checking out places, on-line to buy. It looks like there is a good profit margin in these items.

Any information you could provide me would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Gary

Gary, I don't sway too far from the "standards".  Ultra tattoo classics, smileys, hot rods of some sort and something the 6-9 year olds just gotta have (disney, sponge Bob....)

Tattoos are getting too freaky.  Sugar tattoos were popular for a while, but the kids have gone back to buying more of the UTCs.  So that's what I stock.  I will buy a sleeve of "new hot product" when it's new just to try it.

Most of the time, the last few packs end up in the "mystery mix" (the sleeve I keep for when I forget to buy staple stickers)

The only thing I can tell you is stick with the basics.  Once the kids know the machine is there, then slide a few packs of something "hot" (to the distributors) in and see what it'll do.

You will have more waste with stickers and tattoos though.

And always load them with the folded end forward, the open end to the back.

Thanks John.

I had no idea how complicated stickers and tattoos could be. Everything looked good to me. I am glad I didn't buy anything yet.

I am going to have my kids look at the products along with me to help me decide what is best. I will also go to a few places to check sticker machines, to see what others are selling.

Thank you again for your advice. This is a new whole new line for me.

Gary

I am going to have my kids look at the products along with me to help me decide what is best. I will also go to a few places to check sticker machines, to see what others are selling.

You're on the right track with that tact.

Having a three , four ,and a thirteen year old I know what stickers sell well with my kids it is the ones with the cute animals like the dogs and chicks, and kitten .  I personally like the one with the little kids that u can dress up !  I like the stickers more than the tats , being a mom I do not like that stuff all over thier body it takes days to wash off HATE IT !

Having a three , four ,and a thirteen year old I know what stickers sell well with my kids it is the ones with the cute animals like the dogs and chicks, and kitten .  I personally like the one with the little kids that u can dress up !  I like the stickers more than the tats , being a mom I do not like that stuff all over thier body it takes days to wash off HATE IT !

THANKS!!I`ll remember this as soon as I find my first sticker machine.

35 day cycle

Help me out with this.  When you say 'bulk 5:', do you mean that this location has a 5-head rack?

35 day cycle

Help me out with this.  When you say 'bulk 5:', do you mean that this location has a 5-head rack?
correct.