my new company t-shirts. tell me what you think!

showme vending

Great logo Mike. Is the year on the quarter the year you started the biz? If not, it would be cool if you could set the year to match the year you started.

BTW, Where you getting these? Local or online somewhere?

Steve

LOL no I wish I would have started in 1989 but I was 10 years old then. I'd be up with coinstar by now if that were the case. And I am getting these made local in nixa missouri by a company called graystone graphics. The gave me a deal. No charge on the artwork if I buy 12 shirts. shirts were 11.00 each. Not to bad. I dont think.

Mike

Nice job on the shirt Mike!! You are 28 yo???  Holy Macrel!  I am exactly twice your age. Oh well......better to start a kewl business late then never start it at all right?....:cool: 

I have to wonder about the need to advertise a vending business.  I haven't found that it helps me at all by having and advertising my vending biz website, so I wonder how a t-shirt will help. 

Also, I would never wear such a thing when I service my route.  Especially in the low-rent areas.  That would make me a target for the undesirables who might guess that I have alot of cash on me or in my car.

I might wear such a thing if I'm out and about on a saturday afternoon, when I'm not servicing.

I do however like the idea of an embroidered polo shirt that somebody else posted here.  That would be tasteful and business-like when I serviced, end espeicially when I did my locating.  I would either use something like that, or if I'm locating via charity, then I would use the charity's shirt.  I know that NCCS, the charity I use does sell polo shirts for just this reason.

I haven't found that it helps me at all by having and advertising my vending biz website,

Darryl, How are you marketing your site? I receive several inquiries a month from people looking for vending services. Granted, most are from places that I do not service (out of State) but I am able to pass those referrals on to the members here at VENDiscuss who may be closer. Of the ones who inquire from my area I'd say 99% of them are interested in my soda machines but I am easily able to talk them into a bulk machine as well.

You have a valid point about "being a target" in depressed areas. I am not in any of those so I don't know how I would approach that. I do think that a nice printed T-shirt with your company name goes a long way towards adding credibility to your business.

Steve

i think the shirt adds credibility to the business when you go around servicing machines. If you just come in regular clothes sometimes people look at me funny. I have had a few of my locations forget who I am and I come every month. So having a t-shirt with a logo to me anyway...looks more professional and lets people know who you are right off the bat. I also have polo shirts just just the coin logo on the front I will wear too. I would be willing to bet major companies like folz or whomever have t-shirts with a logo on them for thier people who service thier machines.

I dont have any machines in distressed areas so i dont really worry about getting assaulted. I dont have any advertisement on my car either.

Mike

I haven't found that it helps me at all by having and advertising my vending biz website,

Darryl, How are you marketing your site? I receive several inquiries a month from people looking for vending services.

Steve

My advertising extends to just business cards that I hand out to people behind the counter at locations I visit.  I refuse to pay any more than that since I feel that it's a waste of money that can be better spent on my core business.  That being buying new machines.

How much do you spend each month advertising your website?  How much revenue does it bring in?  The problem I see with advertising is that it basically is a money pit, and it doesn't really have a place in bulk vending.  If you are a large corporation operating in multiple states with hundreds of employees doing full-line vending, then I can see where advertising will pay off.  But spending $100 or more a month to advertise a website (or even a business phone number) for bulk vending is just money down the drain.  The only people who call me about bulk vending are the nice location owners who call to tell me they are closing shop and I need to come pick up my machine, or job seekers who want to know if I have any positions open in my company and how much do I pay an hour.

i think the shirt adds credibility to the business when you go around servicing machines. If you just come in regular clothes sometimes people look at me funny. I have had a few of my locations forget who I am and I come every month. So having a t-shirt with a logo to me anyway...looks more professional and lets people know who you are right off the bat. I also have polo shirts just just the coin logo on the front I will wear too. I would be willing to bet major companies like folz or whomever have t-shirts with a logo on them for thier people who service thier machines.

I dont have any machines in distressed areas so i dont really worry about getting assaulted. I dont have any advertisement on my car either.

Mike

Don't get me wrong.  Having a something akin to a uniform sounds like a good idea to me too.  A simple embroidered polo or ball cap is all that is needed tho.  But I can get a polo from my charity for $25 or I can take my favorite polo to the mall and have it embroidered with my company name/logo for $10.  I don't necessarily think it's a deal to pay $130 for 12 shirts is a deal.  That's 10 or 11 shirts more than I would need, and $100 more than I would otherwise pay for the one shirt that I need.

You have to remember that I'm a cheap-golpher too.  That $100 savings equals 1 machine plus product that can be used to produce income rather than unused clothing that will get stuffed in the bottom of my closet only to be given away to goodwill the next time my wife does spring cleaning.

How much do you spend each month advertising your website?  How much revenue does it bring in?

I actually don't pay anything to advertise my site.  People usually find it on search engines. Or at least that is what I suspect. Many may come from SuperPages.com but it is free to list there as well.  As far as revenue, it's definitely not what makes or breaks my business but I do get a few new leads each month. I know that it has also closed the deal on more than a few "iffy" locations. Some owners wanted to "research my business" (their words) further before allowing my machine in their business. I give them my card with the website address on it and more often than not I get a response from them through the website.

Websites can be money pits but can be great at generating new business and projecting a professional image as well. I made my own website so I didn't spend a bunch to put it up. I spend less than $45 a year for hosting so it does much more than pay for itself. I feel the benefits of having it, outweigh those of not having it.

Steve 

How much do you spend each month advertising your website?  How much revenue does it bring in?

I actually don't pay anything to advertise my site.  People usually find it on search engines. Or at least that is what I suspect. Many may come from SuperPages.com but it is free to list there as well.  As far as revenue, it's definitely not what makes or breaks my business but I do get a few new leads each month. I know that it has also closed the deal on more than a few "iffy" locations. Some owners wanted to "research my business" (their words) further before allowing my machine in their business. I give them my card with the website address on it and more often than not I get a response from them through the website.

Websites can be money pits but can be great at generating new business and projecting a professional image as well. I made my own website so I didn't spend a bunch to put it up. I spend less than $45 a year for hosting so it does much more than pay for itself. I feel the benefits of having it, outweigh those of not having it.

Steve 

I guess I really AM a cheap-golpher! :P

I made my own website and host it on my own linux server.  I use dtdns for dynamic dns for free, and I got a domain name from godaddy for $10 for the year.  It all works very well and on the cheap.  I just have to remember to powerup the laptop/server once in a while.  But that's also the server I use to do all my record-keeping for the biz, so it's pretty well up most of the time.