• Grocery Store
    • Laudromats
    • Schools
    • Office Complex
    • Video Rental Stores

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My car rental accounts have slowed down this month. I think the months of November and December are slower times.

I am listing my new best customer. They have two triple head machines. One with all toys and one with candy. They are averaging about $94. It's a Dairy Queen near my home. The owner told me this week when I collected that this is their slow time and that I should wait until Feburary when things really start to pick up. I can't wait for that.

Gary

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My best is a Grocery store and is does about $5000 a year.

Yes a year. Over $400 a month on average.

Best seller is Gumballs, then Peanut M & M, Mike & ike and Ruts.

This account is done evey 14 days and cranks near fist of month.

Schmed........that is awesome!!  Geez!!

I have a sports bar/bowling alley that nearly did $90 last month.  Thats my best.  ( besides Walmart that has done a shade over $100......but that does not count ).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My best is a taxi company. I have a 4 head in it and it does about 170.00 to 200.00  a month. Has about 200 cabs  Have to service once a week. Tried to get into a school bus company. First one no good. Going to try others.

• 2 weeks later...

I just put a triple in a factory breakroom and after only 5 shifts it already had $6.00.  The company wants to help me support our charity. It has 3 other factories and a logistics center in town. They said they want to see how this machine goes before they let me place the other machines. I just may have to put machines in their offices as well. It will give me a little time to save up for more machines. I only have $65.00. I started with $500 capital and I'm only allowed to use my business' money for my business. I have 3 locations...had 4 but 1 machine got stolen.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Kris,

In the Ukraine it may be different..BUT at least in my little area of the United States..candy in schools ..my goodness  our precious little ones will get fat...so bulk machines ..not so much...

Never mind the french fires and the ice cream they serve in the cafeteria....if you can get in..teacher's lounges are a possible place.

Just remember that you have a short year whenever you place something in schools. Most schools if not all schools require you to bid on your vending business. If they are even interested in having you, you will have to fill out a bid form that is sealed and given to a group that decides who and what will be allowed in the school. They have stopped most of the soda, candy, sweets, salty snacks from being sold in schools.

Note: Most of the bids from large companies like Pepsi, Coke, Frito-Lay have longer contracts with schools and colleges. Many times they support the schools with money for scoreboards in the gym or sport centers. This is why they can hold on to the locations and "lock-out" the competition.

I think you would have a better chance in a private school or a charter school or in the teachers lounge.

Gary

I see...We don't have the overweight problem in this country- yet. Pepsi is highly unpopular and coke does not have vending machines - yet. They produce a kind of jelly beans here and I was looking all over the internet to find a gumball producer somewhere in Europe but it seems they all come from overseas. I will probably sell very popular products like: salted, roasted, unhulled sunflower and pumpkinseeds in a tripple together with bouncy balls or jelly beans. Prices: 10 cents for the healthy birdfeed, 20 cents for the bouncy balls.

Not much, but no competition - yet!

Kris,

Wow! That does sound like bird seed. Hey, you are the first to start vending so anything goes! Please let us know how they do in the schools. I am very interested in hearing more about it. Are the products that cheap to buy? Why are you selling for 10 and 20 cents?

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Archived