My machine got robbed

westlakevending

Geez......I am sorry to hear that. With some machine manufacturers ( if you bought the one stolen new ) if you send them a copy of the police report they will get you a replacement machine at a discounted price.

There's really no one to take legal action against unless you catch someone red handed. If it was a good location, I would just take my lumps and put another machine there. I'm doing the same myself - one of my machines was hit with a hammer.

HO HO HO indead! Sorry for the bad break.

Beth

Sorry to hear someone stole your machine,  how close was it to the exit door?,  the reason I ask is anytime I place a machine anywhere near the exit door I fill the pipe to make it heavier and hopefully deter the crook from trying to walk away with my machine.  I use scrap metal bearings because a friend of mine owns a machine shop but you can fill it with anything heavy. 

Abbadox

• 3 weeks later...

i always do a police report........in my 8 years with 500 plus machines.........heres a few thing i do eliminate thefts or at least deter them..........never place at a door, to easy for a druggie to pick and run. the police reports have enabled me to recover 4 sets of machines, they were stolen and liberated of there coins, however, they were turned into police depts as recovered property and when we did the reports, it linked the property to the crime then back to us as owners.........i replaced the globes and a few doors, but at least i minimized my losses and they are back out......i also put 1/4 -20 eyebolts in place of one of the machine screws(where the machine is bolted to the two way plate on the stand, and if there are other vendors present, we all link together. completely fill machines, we use to leave slow movers with a 1/2 fill and then the thefts started..so we nixed that. if a business has  cameras, we always attempt to get our machines in picture...the majority of our thefts lean more towards employees, especially when we find out that little johnny sour puss just quit recently and guess who was the last person to close/leave...it happens. hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...