pistachios vs. peanuts

sweetgypsy

I made a run to Sam's to purchase product for my machines that are going out this week. Shelled pistachios ($.18 per ounce) are exactly double in price compared to salted peanuts ($.09). Are they worth the extra money? For one thing, peanuts out of the shell are only good for 30 days where as shelled pistachios have a shelf life of 90 days. Less product spoilage. Plus does the salt in the peanuts hurt the machines?

I was working on the premises that someone else on this site suggested: one salty, one chocolate, one candy. You know, something for everyone. I'm getting too spread out with product selection and suffering from indecision.

Beth   

As you know I am very new to this also.  I am going to try and steer away from salted nuts or nuts of any kind for that matter unless it is someone specific and thats all they want is nuts.  Too much salt, messing up the machine, all of that is not what I want.  And they are expensive to boot.

I started wanting to only have a few choices of candy.  I am up to 5 kinds already.........

Yeah, I have seen that you're new too. Did you see that I'm using Ethical to get 5 locations this week? I'll post the results under reviews when done.

I'm trading out 14 machines that are on location from the previous owner. Some are a disaster and removing and doing them at home is just easier. Stale candy and peanut M&M disintegrated into dust. I'm excited about the business but also making myself crazy with some over analyzing.

I just want 3 selections! Is this asking too much? I was going with pmm, hot tamales, and runts but then got onto the nut idea. I have one bar (my one good location at $45.00) so the salty I think is good for that location specifically. How bad do you think the salt is for the machines?

If you don't mind me asking, what are your expansion plans? Are you planning on going full time? Feel free to PM me.

Beth