Eddie Bauer not responding???

takeabreak

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have sent several e-mails.  I got reponse a couple weeks ago stating he would get them them to me the following week and then nothing.  No response to follow up e-mail this week.  No response to my "pm"  I know he is the process of revamping his website but communication seems to be lacking.

This is unusual.

Make sure you're using the best contact info for Eddie.

I haven't used him, so I don't know it.

But someone else on this board just posted today about Eddie being very responsive.

read today's post by fellow member revive99 in the thread at this link.

His comments about eddie are in the middle of his paragraph.

http://VENDiscuss.com/forum/index.php?topic=8059.msg67504#msg67504

Good luck.

It's not a problem with how I am contacting him as he was prompt when I was soliciting his business.  I have also pm'd him on this site which I know he is on quite a bit. 

The bottom line is this- I did a buy 5 and get 6 from him at the beginning of the year.  Only 3 of the locations went in and stuck.  Before I give him any more money, I want to make sure I have received atleast 5 decent spots. 

I spoke to Eddie on Monday.  He called me to finalize my placement order.  He was on vacation last week but I know he checks inquiries through his site.  When I sent an inquiry last Thursday, he literally called 10 minutes later.  He called me on Monday about noon EST.  He may just trying to play catch-up at the moment so give him a few days.

Man I appologize Paul. I will have a guy on your account in hte morning. It's a drag flying solo and I'm still getting used to it.

get about 4 pages of emails a day so its hard to keep up sometimes and some things will fall through the cracks but I am trying to minimize that as much as I can

• 3 weeks later...

I remember I got a ration of crap about questioning Eddie's business practices. I think I almost got banned from the group. News at 11?

I'm not here to argue, man.

But I don't think it was your questioning his business practices that ticked a lot of members off.

It probably had more to do with your choice of venue.

You chose to express your displeasure/suspicions on a thread wherein someone mentioned Eddie had lost someone close to him.

In retrospect, I'm sure you agree that It may not have been the right time to state your claim.

At very least, it was not the right thread.

I agree..not the right time, venue or thread. If I remember correctly, I was reading the previuous threads out of chronoligical order and I felt extreme remorse for not being more careful before I posted. Probably the most crap I endured was from my wife who gave me a huge dose of scolding that lasted for a good week or so. My comments, taken out of proper context, were totally out of my character. I apologized to Eddie privately and also to several others whom I offended. Many I spoke with had similar intuition and actually expressed their thoughts privately before the post from Eddie finally made it clear what had actually happened.

I have lost friends, critical business associates and loved relatives. I know what "greiving" is all about. I know how your mind plays with your head, for quite some time. I am well aware of the empty feeling one feels. I am also aware of the healing and reparation process one must go thru to feel OK with the ultimate fate that everyone must face. Both our own fate and those we love.

What I can't quite accept is the possibility that some individuals use an unfortunate life event to continue to take money after the fact and continue to fall back on the excuse for not performing. I am not saying this is the case in this instance, I am just saying I have seen this occur in other business dealings. Most of those dealings have proven to have had nothing to due with grief, but out and out fraud.

I certainly hope this is not the case with anyone I know or know of.

I think it is just a case of biting off more than he can chew, then while everyone is waiting for locations he goes on vacation and will not respond ect ect. It seems if though it never ends. He will be back though its just a matter of when, maybe a month maybe tommorow.

Maybe when summer is over.

these kind of posts, make me nervous about using locators.

When Eddie came back from vacation last year I was the first to use him,I was told then to be careful that he comes and goes...He has in the past been a good full line locator....

If only Rob kickstart did full line we would not need an other locator on here.

• 2 weeks later...

Eddie,

If you are reading this, I am at my wits end.  Several times you have promised me the two locations that you owe me from the beginning of the year but have not followed up.  I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt as I have seen some positive chatter about you on this forum.  At the very least, please communicate and let me know where it stands.

Thanks

Paul