THE MOVIE REVIEW THREAD

antoniocinisi

so has anyone seen the latest terminator movie?

Yes, but I am trying to remember the problems I had with it.  I didn't think it was a bad movie, it's worth seeing.  I just remember that a couple of things bothered me about it.  I just can't remember what right now.

But I have been a fan of the Terminator movies for a while now.  So if they make another, I will be there.

I use the library website to reserve new releases. It requires being very patient, but I have not paid to a see movie since going to see Iron man. Each time I consider going, I decide I'd rather put that money towards another machine...

I'm not a big fan of seeing movies in the theater but some you just have to see for the visual impact. Avatar fits that description. Saw the 3-D version last night. Loved it. Great story that is not overwhelmed by all the CG stuff. James Cameron was right in waiting 10 years to let the technology catch up to what he envisioned for this movie. This is the first movie in the last 4-5 years that I would pay to see again.

My .02

I'm not a big fan of seeing movies in the theater but some you just have to see for the visual impact. Avatar fits that description. Saw the 3-D version last night. Loved it. Great story that is not overwhelmed by all the CG stuff. James Cameron was right in waiting 10 years to let the technology catch up to what he envisioned for this movie. This is the first movie in the last 4-5 years that I would pay to see again.

My .02

I am going to start looking for a babysitter then!it looks good from the previews I wanna watch it asap.did you have to wear 3d glasses?

When I do get in the mood for a movie, I watch something on cable tv (something on the tv schedule not pay-on-demand).

We have several movies in our DVD collection.  We usually buy them used so we don't pay the original high prices for them.  However, I have noticed that once we buy them, we hardly ever view them.  What I find funny is that when a movie we like comes on regular TV, with commercials and everything, we will watch it.  We'll suffer through the commercials, and I keep thinking, why are we doing this when we have the movie on our shelf.  But even tho it is on our shelf, we never seem to watch the movie.

I noticed the recent thread for Spider-Man 3, and will use this as an example.  It was on FX a few weeks ago, and the kids had never seen it, so we ended up watching it through the marathon commercials.  Yet there it sat on our DVD shelf.

I am going to start looking for a babysitter then!it looks good from the previews I wanna watch it asap.did you have to wear 3d glasses?

Yup, but they are not the cheap paper ones you remember from years ago (plastic frames with clear lenses). The 3d effect is much better done than in the past. One final comment, at my local multiplex they charged an extra $3 for the use of the glasses. :(

I did not go see it. Opened on Christmas Day here in Costa Rica. They just opened a new IMAX theatre which was showing it in 3D and another theatre was showing it in regular digital format. Cost was about $6.00 on opening day at IMAX(3D) and $4.00 for regular digital version. All theatres were totally sold out as soon as the ticket offices opened.

So, what do you pay for an opening movie stateside?

Sunday, pirates were offering videotaped DVD's for 1 mil colones (about $1.80) all over the country. Didn't even think about purchasing as I can imagine how low quality that would have turned out.