KayKor Vending

grumpy

24 Days = $177.00 One location (Pizza Shop take out and delivery only)

Vend price is $1.00

8 Selections in order of popularity

JB Tuitti Fruitti

Jb Sours

CHocolate Easter Eggs

Chocolate Coffee Beans

Bridge Mix

Teenie Beenie Jelly Beans

Pistacho's

Chocolate Covered Raisins (ran out)

$7.37 a day average

Holy cow Grumpy!

I hope thats not USD! If it is, I'm on my way to the great white north! Those are fantastic numbers. What type of machine? UTurn?

Your daily average is remarkable. Keep the updates coming.

Steve

07/09/20 07/09/21 07/09/24 07/09/25 07/09/26

U.S. Dollar / CDN Dollar

1.0016 1.0009 1.0012 1.0010 1.0048

Not much of a difference these days.

Here are the machines but they are white.

http://www.loonievend.com/

The candy was what was in it but it is stale, just testing the water with them

at this point. I guess it's time to buy new candy.

I was going to order from http://www.bulkfoods.com, anybody have any experience with

them?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

24 Days = $177.00 One location (Pizza Shop take out and delivery only)

Vend price is $1.00

8 Selections in order of popularity

JB Tuitti Fruitti

Jb Sours

CHocolate Easter Eggs

Chocolate Coffee Beans

Bridge Mix

Teenie Beenie Jelly Beans

Pistacho's

Chocolate Covered Raisins (ran out)

$7.37 a day average

I hate you, grumpy :)  Those numbers are insane.  However, there is one missing piece of info that I hope you'll provide so I can make better sense of it.  How much does a vend cost you?   I assume with a loonie-per-turn pricetag, you're vending quite a bit of product...  Keep up the ridiculously awesome numbers :)

Lucero, here is the sad part or the good part if you are consiouce(sp) free. Fully open the vend of Jelly Belly is 1 oz, 16 oz in a pound at a cost (for those included in purchase) is $6.00 delivered to my door. So that leaves $10.00 per pound profit so about 38% product cost.

Chocolate almonds only vended 3 to 4 at a time so I removed them; but before I did it was about 12% cost.

pistashios about 10% cost

cashews 10% cost

chocolate raisins 11%

currently I have MM peanuts at 32% cost

These U-Turns do not vend large product nicely

grumpy

Lucero, here is the sad part or the good part if you are consiouce(sp) free. Fully open the vend of Jelly Belly is 1 oz, 16 oz in a pound at a cost (for those included in purchase) is $6.00 delivered to my door. So that leaves $10.00 per pound profit so about 38% product cost.

Chocolate almonds only vended 3 to 4 at a time so I removed them; but before I did it was about 12% cost.

pistashios about 10% cost

cashews 10% cost

chocolate raisins 11%

currently I have MM peanuts at 32% cost

These U-Turns do not vend large product nicely

grumpy

Freakish.  So you are actually making 130-140 profit on that stinker PER MONTH? That's amazing.  How come your other 4 are collecting dust?

Are you intending to post any numbers for your beaver operations?

Lucero, I will post the Beavers soon, I just took over the run and I'm due for a service in a week or so. The run without stops, just using MS streets and trips takes 25 hours and covers over 1000KM.

Yes I will place the other loonie machines, I have been real busy with renovations and purchasing the beaver route, also waiting for candy. The problem with the loonie machine is eight selections require a pretty busy place with people waiting so they spend a buck. :)

Grumpy

• 4 weeks later...

Well two days to do the first day of my three day route (will probably end up being 5 days).

Including yesterday's 18 I did 4 more locations today for a total of 22 locations and 61 heads.

Average per location $51.27 average per head $18.49, and I continue tomorrow with starting day two of the route, unfortunately I also have a lawyer appointment so I will have to see how much gets done.

Grumpy

Well I was right, I only got in another seven locations with 20 heads, some were not totaly operational. :(

I also learned that hockey puck gum is not a big adult favorite, but choco almonds were a huge hit with canisters being empty.

Will continuing to add to the previous: I have now done 29 locations with an average of $49.92 and 81 heads with an average of $17.87.

As for distance between locations I will update you all later, but it is spread out in different towns.

Grumpy

Did some on Saturday, not a good day for vending. Did some more today; Well continuing to add to the previous: I have now done 46 locations with an average of $41.30 and 124 heads with an average of $15.32. I seem to do better out of town in small communities (smaller than mine of 53,000)

Planning on doing the rest this week that is a long haul 600 miles round trip and 15 hours with somebody that knows what they are doing. (The orginal vender)

I have also lost my first location and machines quad rack, went there and they were gone, management was not around so hopefully tommorrow I will get some answers. According to a staff member another vendor was bad mothing the service that these machines were getting (7 year location the vender went through that town twice a month), granted I'm late because of the unfortunate cut on my hand but what is an extra week. I only had two heads of the 124 that I serviced empty. Would a phone call hurt anybody, I would have been there faster if they called, the weird thing is in the same town somebody has jammed a lock on me, not sure with what yet but it is a flat key and I'm hoping it is worn enough that I can open with a screwdriver, not really anxious with drilling it there. (quad rack in arena)

Grumpy

Done venting :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I finally finished my route for the most part (still 6 outstanding locations) the total distance is 1000 Km's.

Averages

$13.55 a head

$35.15 a location.

Worst location was $2.50 and best location $115.50, of the ones that I counted. Some broken jammed coin mechs and some needed relocating needed with product change needed.

All in all just like the old vendor told me, now to re-organize and build on these bones.

My candy room is almost complete, construction and paint done, shelving and counter next. Should be completed by the next route run. Will change the route to do less each time out so it allows time for locating.

Grumpy

$13.55 is a respectable number Grumpy! Now comes the fun part, building on those bones as you say! I'm sure now that you have 1 cycle under your belt you can pinpoint ways to tighten up the route and make it more "service friendly"

Identify dead zones within your route (Those where you don't have a presence but having machines there will not be out of the way to service) and re-locate those poor performers to those areas.

Its a work in progress but from what you've reported here, a potential gold mine. Keep up the great work and keep us updated.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Where do you find chocolate almonds that are cost effective?  I have had requests for these, but unable to find any that aren't too pricey for me. 

grumpy wrote:

Well I was right, I only got in another seven locations with 20 heads, some were not totaly operational. :(

I also learned that hockey puck gum is not a big adult favorite, but choco almonds were a huge hit with canisters being empty.

Will continuing to add to the previous: I have now done 29 locations with an average of $49.92 and 81 heads with an average of $17.87.

As for distance between locations I will update you all later, but it is spread out in different towns.

Grumpy

grumpy my fellow Canadian/Ontarian (is that right?) you are making some nice money. 

Do you service the majority of Northern Ontario?  I ask as you said you had a 1000 km route.  I have noticed that in several of your posts you have referenced http://www.actionmatic.com/ do you buy product from them?

Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers,

Anton.

Hi Ginger, I never said they were affordable, 45 to 55 % product cost but they do sell very well.

Grumpy

ginger vend wrote:

Where do you find chocolate almonds that are cost effective?  I have had requests for these, but unable to find any that aren't too pricey for me. 

I have a short run compared to another vendor I met. It takes him 11 days to service the route and he is an employee. Penetang > Thunder Bay > Kapuskasing > Cochrane > Timmins > Sudbury > North Bay etc ...

My route is from Mattawa to Blind River (EW) North Bay to Sundridge (NS)

Grumpy

I have not purchased from actionmatic though they do seem like nice people.

Main Supplier is

Ev's Vending 991 Matheson Boulevard East

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

L4W2V3

Phone: (905)629-1304

They handle the charity CMHA, prices are competitive to other large suppliers in most cases cheaper, they also sell Beaver parts.

B.V.O. wrote:

grumpy my fellow Canadian/Ontarian (is that right?) you are making some nice money. 

Do you service the majority of Northern Ontario?  I ask as you said you had a 1000 km route.  I have noticed that in several of your posts you have referenced http://www.actionmatic.com/ do you buy product from them?

Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers,

Anton.

Grumpy,  I was hoping you had found a supplier I had missed ;)   Tks for your reply.

wrote: [/b]

Hi Ginger, I never said they were affordable, 45 to 55 % product cost but they do sell very well.

Grumpy

[user=73]ginger vend]Where do you find chocolate almonds that are cost effective?  I have had requests for these, but unable to find any that aren't too pricey for me. 

Well I'm feeling the seasons blahs too. Down about $450.00 over last collection for the same portion of the route a little better than 50%.

Average per location $29.45 average per head $11.38.

Best $120.00 worst $4.75

A lot of tweaking needs to be done but with almost 50% of my heads in my warehouse I'm just happy that they are on location at this point.

Grumpy

• 3 weeks later...

One part of my out of town west route locations, 6 weeks will do next west part next week.

$44.60 average per location

$16.10 per head

Best $142.75   Worst $12.25

Always do better out of town for some reason!

Grumpy

• 2 weeks later...

My out of town east and south route locations, 4 weeks .

$35.03 average per location

$13.13 per head

Best $71.25   Worst $1.06

Total average so far this month $14.62 per head and 39.82 per location.

Grumpy