Hints and Tips - Product Management

vendtrak

Three types of locations can be set up in Vend-Trak - bulk vending machines, snack machines, and soda machines (snack/soda combos are also supported).  Each type of location can take different types of products. 

Vend-Trak maintains a master list of products for each type of location.  To build a custom list for your business, just go to the Products screen and select the types of products you offer.  Only the products you select will show up in the drop down list - your customized list! 

Products can be added and removed from your list at any time without affecting any entries from the past.  If you use a product that is not listed, just submit that product to Vend-Trak using the contact form.  It will be added to the list for all Vend-Trak users to select.

• 1 month later...

Jeremy,  I have recently joined the Vend-trak community.  I have amusements and I also do full line vending.  For full ine your product list is very limited.  I have a product list of atleast 60 items.  Would that many items be a problem to add? 

Thanks

Zeke

No, it's not a problem.  I'm excited that we are being pushed beyond our original purpose of candy bulk vending!  We'd love to hear how it works out after you've used it for a while. 

FYI...we are looking into adding the ability for users to add products, but (for what seems like a small change) it will require a bit of code re-work.  Until then we have to add products here.  Send the list to us at info [at] vend-trak.com and we'll get them in for you.

FYI...we are looking into adding the ability for users to add products, but (for what seems like a small change) it will require a bit of code re-work.

UPDATE...man it's good to have smart people on your team!  We were able to develop a way for users to add their own products to the product list.  If a product you offer is not listed, simply add it to the list.

Remember, the product list is a "global" list.  This means that any product that is added, can be used by all Vend-Trak members (so there's no need for hundreds of users to enter "M&M Peanut" for instance).  Also, since the power to add products is now in the hands of the users, sheer statistics say that some mistakes will be made.  If a duplicate product is entered, or a product is mis-spelled, or any other mistake is made - we can fix those at the administrative level.  Just contact us using the Contact link on our web site.

Thanks to all of you who have suggested this improvement!  You have spoken; and your voice was heard.  The "power of the people" moved this to the top of our list.  Please submit any other feedback/suggestion by contacting us through our web site so that we can continue to improve our service to you.