T Bird Vending

T BIRD

Johnny:

Consider that it's your first Jan/Feb, which for me seem to be the slowest months so far. Expect Feb to be down as well. If the locations don't pick up in March, look to either relocate or change product. But I wouldn't be too hasty to judge the locations or the product just yet.

Regards,

Philo

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having a very tough time with my Dentyne Ice locations.  They are not doing well at all. I have 8 Dentyne Ice machines on location.

My last 4 Dentyne pulls the past week or so were:

A Bar - $6.50

Meineke Muffler - $7.25

CVS Pharmacy Break Room - $2.00

Modell's - $3.50

T-Bird:

I'd move away from the breakrooms which only give you exposure to a small number of employee's. The exception to this would be breakrooms with 30+ employees.  I'm sure Marjorie will work with you on this. There's just too many good locations for this product to settle for this,

Let me know if i can help.

Steve

I agree with Steve. I have 10 DI machines and I have found that they do not do well in breakrooms. Candy machines are much better suited for breakrooms. You get people hooked on a product and they will buy it every day. That is not the case with DI gum. Its not something that a person will buy everyday.

Hang in there. I have some that arent doing well too that are located in breakrooms by Marjorie. I also have some that are doing GREAT.  I have one in a popular pizza place by the local college that is doing about $30-$40 a month. I also have one in a Kids indoor soccer place that is doing $35 a month. Marjorie and Jacklyn will find you a nice home for them. I think they are still fairly new at placing the DI and sometimes they place them in breakrooms because thats the locations they are used to getting.

Thanks Steve and Chad.  I have plenty of time in terms of my guarantee with Marjorie.

I just pulled one more Dentyne Ice machine tonite:

Japanese Restaurant - $5.50 ( 6 weeks ):(

Polecat, and Chad are exactly right. The Dentyne Ice is an outstanding product, but does not fit exactly well with many locations.  Because Dentyne is new, you can afford to be a little selective of it's locations.  I have said it many times, in order for the Dentyne Ice to be successful, we need to focus on the adult crowd that would like a breath freshener, ( not just a snack), and have adequete traffic.  Small breakrooms, really don't fit the bill.

Try your focus on Pizza Pubs, and restaurants that have pretty good traffic.  Like Polecat said, breakrooms do well, but you gotta have the employee base to back it up.  I try to focus on 100 plus employees locations, and so far, have done descent ( but not as good as my restaurant locations)

I am having a very tough time with my Dentyne Ice locations.  They are not doing well at all. I have 8 Dentyne Ice machines on location.

My last 4 Dentyne pulls the past week or so were:

A Bar - $6.50

Meineke Muffler - $7.25

CVS Pharmacy Break Room - $2.00

Modell's - $3.50

I got another location to put in tonite.  Its a Diner/Coffee Shop with lots of traffic in my town.

Gonna put a DI machine there. Thats 9 DI's on location now.  I gotta switch out a few to candy ASAP though.

• 2 weeks later...

DI at a Meineke = $3.00.  I added a single PMM today though. 

Hair Salon - DI = $11.00. It would have been $20 but the candy wheel was not giving up 2 pieces regularly and a few times nothing came out.  So I changed the machine. 

It would have been $20 but the candy wheel was not giving up 2 pieces regularly and a few times nothing came out. So I changed the machine.

I had that problem also. I stired the DI with a big spoon and dug around down by the wheel and it seemed to be fixed. I think maybe a DI got stuck in the wheel and would not allow new candy to fill the candy well.

It would have been $20 but the candy wheel was not giving up 2 pieces regularly and a few times nothing came out. So I changed the machine.

I had that problem also. I stired the DI with a big spoon and dug around down by the wheel and it seemed to be fixed. I think maybe a DI got stuck in the wheel and would not allow new candy to fill the candy well.
Thanks.  I will do that.  Very nice website you have there Sky!!

I pulled a bar today that had a DI machine.  It was six weeks since I was there:

A grand total of: $6.75.

The one DI where I am doing 20 bucks a month + had an issue with the machine not vending 2 pieces per.  I switched out the machine last week. I hope that stays steady money wise.

I will get with Marjorie soon to do something with the 8 or so DIs making little money.:(

one of my DI did 1550 before comission in a tanning/fitness center.my reciept says I bought them on 1/04.I cant remember on what day I placed it ,but it was the day after I recieved it.I checked it on 2/17,so a little over a month.

thier business should be picking up with people starting to tan and excersise to be in shape for summer,so hopefully we should see more sales!

I checked one of my DI machines in a coffee shop, 3 weeks, and only $3.50. :(

I really want to see better numbers before I consider any more of the DI machines.

You have 4 DIs located Sky?

Yeah, 4 located. I'm going to wait another week to check the other 3. Hoping they will be better. The other three are at a bar beside the cigarette machine, that's a Certs, in a lounge between the restroom doors, and in an office near ther water cooler.

We will see. Hope they are better than the coffee shop.

Thanks Brian.

Yesterday was a very busy day.  Very eventful, I must say.  Lots of highs and lows.  I love this business!

One of the better pieces of news was this Sports Bar/Bowling Alley that I have a Superpro triple in.

Its been averaging around $45 per month.  Yesterday I collected $76.75!!  I was astonished!!  I felt SO guilty taking ALL those quarters out and leaving knowing I was only giving Children's Cancer $1 from that stop!  NOT!!

I think the reason was the owner moved my triple to the front desk where you get your shoes and get your alley to play!  I was so pleased seeing that he did that for me!  There is a big player in that establishment that I assume pays the bowling alley a commission.  Nick the owner was concerned that the guy may complain about me.  But he said the guy has not complained so I am ok.  ( for now or longer I hope ).

Walmart and this stop really helps me make up for the stops that are producing $5 per.

• 4 weeks later...

Great job John. You are doing about double what I'm doing per location. That will change soon as I get more racks out there. I'm expecting a great month for April.

Steve

Great job John. You are doing about double what I'm doing per location. That will change soon as I get more racks out there. I'm expecting a great month for April.

Steve

Steve.......I have 2 locations doing extremely well.  A bowling alley doing almost $90 last month and of course Walmart which has been around $100. Those two and three more locations doing $30-$40 per month and  Its amazing how a few really good locales help out the more than a few stinky ones, bringing up the per month average.

Archived