very excited about this

ahha

I had no idea how easy it was to get started. I actually thought of this idea in early 90's but thought i needed to put 10  grand down. haha I had no idea I could just start with one machine and work up from there. Although back then I didnt do any other research than those biz opps.

But my question is this.

What should i do first? Just get myself a candy machine and then apply for a business license?

Or just go ahead and get the business license and then buy the candy machine and place it?

What did you guys do?

Thanks,

Amber ..

I am looking forward to being a part of the family here!

Welcome aboard Amber.  I got all the legal stuff done first because I knew I wanted to do this.  If you are not sure, maybe you should hold off with the license until you are confident you want to grow a bulk vending business.

Amber, I agree with T-bird.  Although it sounds like you are confident that you want a bulk vending business.  I placed my 1st gumball machine in Oct. and purchased my license the following Jan.  Hope you can find time to operate your route after you get 25-50 or more machines since you're already working 7 days a week.  I never hired a locator but have heard plenty of negative things about some of them. Be careful who you choose and go with them when they locate for you so you can approve the location up front. (and learn how yourself.)

Good luck,

Art

Welcome and what part of Florida are you in? I am north central. You don't need a state licence but you need to register your business name. It takes like 10 minutes online at Sunbiz website. I would check with your county to see if they require anything. Mine does not require anything for the county but in the city limits it costs $3 per machine per year. Have you decided what type and brand of machines?

Thanks Art,

I have been reading the locator reviews so I am only going with one that has good postives. So you got your license later huh? I think thats what I might do just to make sure. I remember one time i got a business license for this business..And I only earned a dollar...LOL and then I realized it was not a good business. So I am always kinda iffy about getting the business license first before you have determined its a good thing. Also I was looking for something that would get me away from working 7 days a week. And my son is 17 yrs old he is going to do this with me. So i'll prolly send him out alot once he figures it all  out.

Dont worry haha I am in west central..the tampa bay area.  I dont know about the permits god i hope not. I just wanted to do bulk candy ..the good machines you guys have mentioned ..been on here a few days now reading all I can..I am very excited about it.

I wasn't worried just curious of your location. All I do is bulk cany also. I have a feeling the larger the city the more chance of permits. Now my city limit area just requires you to file a form of the locations of your machines. Then you pay $3 per machine but you don't need any permit type sticker. When you place a new machine just drop off a new form of the location and $3. I just have copies of the form filled out and fill in the new location so it only takes five minutes to register a new placement.

Welcome Ahha.

Steve is correct! Sam's is the cheapest for DB gumballs. If you found them in BJ's, just a little higher, that is still a great price. Buying DB gumballs on-line is crazy with the shipping and everything. Does BJ's carry any other candy that you can use? Peanut MM, Skittles, Mike & Ike, etc ?

Again, welcome to the forums.

Gary

Welcome Ahha.

Steve is correct! Sam's is the cheapest for DB gumballs. If you found them in BJ's, just a little higher, that is still a great price. Buying DB gumballs on-line is crazy with the shipping and everything. Does BJ's carry any other candy that you can use? Peanut MM, Skittles, Mike & Ike, etc ?

Again, welcome to the forums.

Gary

Brotha Gary.......BJ's has Ike and Mikes, Skittles, M&Ms, MMPs, and DB Gumballs in the store here in Freeport.