Dollar Coins

BbAaSsSs

Just wondering how many people are using dollar coins when the dispense change? I am planning on using them on my cold food machine. What Bill Val and Coin Mech are you using? Also what Tube Setup are you using? Just curious how its working out.

Thanks,

Bass Vending Services

Welcome to the forum Bass!

I for one do not use dollar coins. None of my machines are equipped with that type of hardware.

Be patient though, the full liners tend to visit a bit less frequently here than do the bulksters.

Steve

Sorry I didnt not mean to sound mad. Ive been on a lot of forums not for vending and know that if you double post for some reason more people reply. I am also in the process of trying to become a plus member so the extra post came in handy;) Thanks for the post and I hope I get some more full liners to come to this forum.

Thanks again.

Bass Vending Services 

Welcome to the forums Bass & welcome to Member Plus statis. We all look forward to hearing all about you. Where are you from? How many machines and what types of machines do you have? I am sure the full line community will start communicating once they see that you are here.

I am a bulk vendor right now but you never know what 2008 could bring!

I for one would love to have a one dollar coin in the USA. I also think it would be neat if all bulk vending machines would take dimes and nickels so that customers without exact change, (quarters) could still buy from me every day.

Maybe someday...

Gary

Gary

I don't think I would want dollar coins for any other reason except vending machines. We had the Susan B. Anthony $1 coin and it didn't do very well. American's kept mixing them up with quarters.

We would truely need strong pockets or all carry leather bags to carry our coins. I don't think that would fit the current style of wear for men. I can't stand having my keys and cell phone in my pants pockets, so forget about $20 worth of large coins.

I guess I had better think before I wish for coins and just be happy for this nice light paper money we use here in the USA.

Happy New Year

Gary

Yeah when I asked that I forgot that this was mostly a bulk site. DO any of the full liners use dollar coins?

Thanks,

Bass Vending Services

I knew what you meant Bass, my original answer reflects that as well. None of my machines are equipped with that kind of hardware.

Steve

All of my snack and drink machines accept dollar coins.  I have built up a nice collection of these that I save for my daughter.  Usually I will see 5-6 a week.  It has made a nice start to my daughters college fund...

Zeke

Coinvestor,

What kind of dollar coins are you getting? I know the mint had talked about that Sacajawea (sp) dollar coin but I have never seen one myself. I thought they didn't make it into circulation. Are these out there now? If so, they aren't showing up in my area. I actually hope they never do!

Steve

Hey 

I have all my machines set to accept them, but only get a few maybe 2-3 a month. None give them as change.  I seldom see them here in the NW. I usualy keep them, like the other poster, as a savings.

How do you do with your cold food machine. I have one at the place i work. 70+ employees. sell stuff pretty cheap for fellow workers . since i am able to stock and monitor itir everyday it is ok but  don't know if it would work otherwise. 

D.J.

Hey guys,

Well I started my business on the 8th. I really think the dollar coins have made a big deal! Everyone loves the fact that they dont have to walk around with a pocket full of quarters. The company I bought the machines from did mess up and not give me the correct bill Val though. It is a MEI but it only accepts 1's and 5's. I wanted one that will accept 1's 5's 10's and 20's and I paid for that one so I should be getting it shortly. Anyways just wanted to let everyone know that it everything looks good with the dollar coins!

Bass Vending Services

Thats great Bass! What area of the country are you in again? Reason I ask is these dollar coins seem to be popular everywhere except here. I haven't seen one yet nor have I even seen a machine that accepts them.

Steve

I am in southern indiana. I dont think many people knew what they were here either. I had a few people upset because they thought they got ripped off until i told them they were dollar coins now everyone is ok.

Bass Vending Services