Dollar Coins

BbAaSsSs

• 1 month later...

All my Wittern machines have Coinco Quantum Pro coin mechs, so accept and dispense dollar coins. I have them set to give change for the $5 bills, not accepting $10 or $20 bills yet.

I have received at least 20 dollar coins in the last few weeks, probably more as the machines give them as change, but I also think most of the coins are going back in to my machines for purchases. At my largest account, I had to change the programming from multi-vend to fast change because I watched a youngster put $5 in, make a purchase and walk away from $3+ dollars in credit on the machine...whoops! At this location, somethimes the kids line up 5 deep to get to the machine because they all get out of class at the same time. So I changed to fast change return, watched the dollar coins come out, and watched as several of them went right back into the machine!  Very sweet!  I think the kids actually spend more because they have the coins in their hand as opposed to the credit on the machine led display.

I also have several machines in the garage, and one of my daughter's friends loves to come buy some snacks using the dollar coins her grandfather gives her. Thank goodness for grandfathers!

Steve

• 7 months later...