Building Your Empire?

West Coast Vend LLC

All Members,

I thought it would be interesting to hear, from each member, what they have planned for growth in 2008. Without a plan it will be tough to start off strong in 2008 and beyond.  Each one of us have different goals and plans. How about sharing yours...

Here are some of my goals for 2008.

• Two more Citibank locations
  • 3-4 more car rental places around San Diego Airport.
  • A few Jiffy Lube locations in my area.
  • I am working on a deal with 16 Blockbuster Videos in my area. (Sticker/Tattoo Machines) I am planning to have USSD Karate Studios pay for the machines by advertising on the cards that cover the stickers and tattoo's in the machines.
  • An adult 55+ community of townhouses. (cafe & gameroom)
  • Asking some of my existing customers if they have any friends with stores that would like vending machines.
  • Adding more machines to my existing accounts where every possible.
  • As my business becomes larger I will continue to re-invest in more equipment & pay off any loans I have on my existing equipment.

Happy New Year to Everyone. May all your plans come true.

Gary

Very impresive Gary.  Good luck with the plans buddy. My plan is fairly simple.  By the end of 2008, I want to have approximately 200 bulk machines making money. ( singles - doubles - Dentyne - and Certs ).

I just went to the Citibank that I bank at and asked for the Branch Manager. They already had someone elses in the break room but I told them I would do much better by the door plus their customers will see that they are helping a local charity. Most of them are alright with their breakroom but you really need to have it at the door. You should try all the banks on Deer Park Ave and see if you can get in. Once you get in one, you can use it to get in the rest.

Gary

My immediate 2008 plans have nothing to do with my bulk operation.

I just want to settle into a territory with my full time job that's close enough to home that I don't have to relocate more than 50-100 miles.

I was in Gettysburg PA the last 2 weeks, will be back down there for the 2 weeks following New Years.  Then a week in New York somewhere.  In between, my boss asked me to go to Maine for an indefinite amount of time...on the 26th, to which I declined.

The saving grace is that there are 3 openings within what I feel reasonable distance.  The company knows this and are actually doing their best to accommodate me, though I still have to jump through a few hoops to get it.

Once that's settled, there is a small family owned chain of restaurants (3) tucked in between my existing accounts that I've planted seeds to place racks for commission.

Beyond that, just loose some of the pounds I've managed to pile on since November.

I'm looking to grow by 10 machines+ per month. I am planning on moving back to Manhattan in sept of 2009. I want to have an income from this stream of 15k or so annually, which should be doable with that sized fleet, and an employee who takes 30% to 35%.

I imagine I need to invest about another 1200 dollars into equipment before I can sustain that growth without dipping into other ventures.

West-coast... awesomely bold plan! Love it.

-Lucero

I plan to grow by 200%, from 25 machines to 75 by the end of 2008.  My brother has agreed to invest in my business.  That is how I plan to capitalize my growth.

I plan on locating my last 8 machines, and then changing candy or finding new locations until I am making 10 dollars per head at each of my 16 locations. If I have to move one from a location I would probably leave a single gumball machine, since they don't seem to spoil.

I plan on limiting my overall candy selections, so I don't need to buy as many types.

I plan on using all revenue from my 16 locations to start buying giant spiral gumball machines, which I will equip with wireless internet tracking, giving me the passive income I am looking for.

I have 8 3 lane machines out and 3 more that are waiting to be placed this coming week for a total of 11 out. I have a time limit of 6 to 8 month with out making any more purchases of machines. I will be saving up all of the money from this 11 machines in this 6 to 8 month. So that by the end of this year the route will expand with out my investing anymore on it from my own money. I'm shooting for the route to sustain and expand itself this way. Hoping to reach my goal of 40 machines in 1 year and 6 months.

Gwen

Happy New Year, Ladies and Gents...  I just bought my first 20, and am spotting them next Friday.  I plan to work and track them for 3-6 months, and then look at my historical figures. 

If I can NET $15.00 or better per machine per month, then I am going to jump up to 120 machines in August/September 2008, and sit for a few months.

If I'm still hitting above $15.00 per machine per month, then I am going to double my fleet to 240 during December 2008.

Best wishes, good luck, and happy vending.

Josh

I am coming up on making a decision soon in terms of growing the business.

As soon as I have these 15 plus machines on location which may take 30 days, that will get me to 25-30.

I can either opt to grow at a rate of 3 placements per week indefinitely, or invest in getting a locator here , spend the money, and put a minimum of an additional 100 in place. ( singles - doubles - and DI/Certs ), and then managing that for a while before expanding again when the warm weather comes.

Again.......for me a big issue is my location in Nassau County here on Long Island.  Its tough here.  Very tough.  I am beginning to feel the best way is to have a pro here on site and locating in person. I would even opt for commission vs. charity if the locator sees an opportunity.

I gotta take this one day at a time. Posted Image 

Yes, I lived on Long Island my whole life. I use to work at Frito-Lay down by the train station in Wyandanch. I lived in North Babylon when I was growing up.

Gary

Haha, a North Babylon punk right here on VD!!  You happen to know a guy named Mike Pepe while you were growing up?  I'm guessing he's about your age, he grew up in North Babylon and attended Stony Brook after high school.  I used to live in Central Islip and work for a company in Melville.

-Lucero

Happy New Year, Ladies and Gents...  I just bought my first 20, and am spotting them next Friday.  I plan to work and track them for 3-6 months, and then look at my historical figures. 

If I can NET $15.00 or better per machine per month, then I am going to jump up to 120 machines in August/September 2008, and sit for a few months.

If I'm still hitting above $15.00 per machine per month, then I am going to double my fleet to 240 during December 2008.

Best wishes, good luck, and happy vending.

Josh

wow!  Where are you getting your money to expand that quickly?

For 2008 I hope to buy and place my first machine.  I would like to try and average $10 profit/month and put the profits into a few more machines or just save up and have at least a minimum of 5 and no more then 20 if it all works out.

I'm just taking it slow, unless the money is so fabulous that I have to expand at an amazing rate (not counting on it).

My vending business goals for 2008 are:

• Place machines at 20 locations before the end of January.
  • Place machines at 100 locations before the end of 2008.
  • Place 20 Dentyne Ice machines at local gyms.
  • Build and sell software to manage my bulk vending route.

I have 8 3 lane machines out and 3 more that are waiting to be placed this coming week for a total of 11 out. I have a time limit of 6 to 8 month with out making any more purchases of machines. I will be saving up all of the money from this 11 machines in this 6 to 8 month. So that by the end of this year the route will expand with out my investing anymore on it from my own money. I'm shooting for the route to sustain and expand itself this way. Hoping to reach my goal of 40 machines in 1 year and 6 months.

This was my plan for 2008. Just wanted to update it. We found a good deal and didn't want to pass it up.  I have 9 machines out average 15 per machine a month. I bought 18 more for a total of 20 machines not located yet. So by the end of this month i will have 29 machines total. 10 are pending for placement. Hoping to generate an average of  $435 a month from the route. Still short 11 machines to achieve my goal of 40 machines. Will see if we find a good deal by the end of the year.

Gwen