EDDIE BAUER THE TRUTH

royalforest

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I was wondering how anyone could charge through PayPal as they need to authorize the payment.  The whole idea of using PayPal is to have a trusted middle man so you are not giving out your card information to scam websites.  I recently made an eBay purchase that I would not have had I not used PayPal.

If there was a problem, it would have to be with PayPal and not Eddie.  I really doubt he has those high level hacking skills.

that's right mage.rich and I spoke hours and hours on the phone daily so we'd both know where we were at on an order and there was no doubt ...NO DOUBT..about how many were placed at the time HE authorized and HE paid an invoice. Seriously man there was alot of money on the table would anyone who was not a complete idiot (which rich is not?) authorize THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS  to be paid for a new order when an old order was not complete AND DO IT FOUR MORE TIMES AFTER THAT....com-on man.

We were doing business together for months...sending locations getting paid...sending more locations getting paid. the invoices were weeks apart...WEEKS not days.

really??? that your story??? you thought is was an invoice you already paid so you paid it again???

we were doing our job...and doing it well until the cat came out of the bag about his scam on us

Mage what happened is Eddie sent me an invoice from paypal for 40 locations for $6000.00 which I approved by clicking the link. A few days latter he sent another invoice for 40 locations. That would put me at 130 total locations when only about 30 was located. They were crap locations but the 30 were located. Anyway when I received the second invoice a few days latter, I thought it was for the previous order because the invoice was identical. So I approved it by clicking the link thinking it was the same order I placed a few days ago. He knew exactly what he was doing. He knew once he got the money then he can finagle, lie cheat and steal and still keep the money.

What we can all learn from this is growing your business at lightning speed is not a good idea.  I believe both parties are at fault here.  Eddie should have advised his client to slow down and insured each location was profitable.  The customer, Royal Forest, should not have made such a large up-front investment, especially considering the short time he has been in vending.  It appears there is a significant amount of greed from both parties.

Royal Forest appears to be very ignorant and Eddie took advantage of him.  However, Royal Forest is ultimately responsible for his actions.

This scenario reminds me of the “US Housing Meltdown”.

Both of you may be angry with my response, but I believe if most people on this board would really think about my response then they would agree.

I'm down with that agrantha...

not necessarily with the take advantage part but I don't even take more than an order of 10 bulk locations at a time any more and actually like 5 for 150 better.

short and sweet,see how it goes and decide if we want to keep doing business together.

I'm not even really mad just trying to present the facts as I know them to the best of my ability

and obviously if I had it to over again would never have taken that on...you have to remember I was new to to full line too and rich new that and knew that anyone and everyone else would charge him 300 at least no matter how big his order was.

So really who was taking advantage of who?

two newbies making expensive  mistakes

Still trying to get the facts strait here...

So Eddie did not really have access to your Paypal debit card number directly?  Is that correct?  So Eddie did NOT process a transaction directly using the debit card account number (similar to a credit card transaction at a mall for example).  No account numbers were stolen or misused correct?   Rather he sent an invoice to you and YOU then voluntarily paid it!!!  Well I really don't see how any one can "accidentally" pay a $6,000 invoice twice over.  I am sorry, but I don't see the trickery here.  I mean, how many people get $6,000 invoices and just pay them without thinking about it?   Please explain the deception since there would be a prior entry in your history log showing that you already paid him $6,000.  I would think most people would question another $6,000 invoice and ask, "what's up with that?" before paying it!

Agratha

I do agree it is my fault and I take blame. I disagree that is was greed. All con artists use the same tactics. They build your confidence by doing a great job inthe beginning. Then when you are sold on them they wack you when your not looking.

That is right Jay snacks. I clicked the $6000.00 button twice on accident. They were a few days apart and were identical. If that was the case why didnn't Eddie bring it up to me. I found out months later that I paid for 130 not the 90 that Eddie was telling me he had to fill. He knew for a long time that I did not know about the extra charge and he thought there was a chance I would not of picked up on it. You would think after showing Eddie all the accounts he placed a machine in that he would of refunded me for the 80 or so that was not placed when I asked for my refund.

I know jax  isn't always a big fan of me 

BUT FINALLY SOME DANG COMONSENSE THINKING ABOUT HIS STORY

Eddie, Just to set the record strait. I am simply not a big fan of PREPAY locators in general!  And you can see why!  Now in the beginning, I thought you were just another typical locator trying to take advantage of newbies on here.  But you have always stood your ground and responded to critism and have never hid from any one on here.  And you do get some positive feedback as well.  So right now I have nothing really bad to say about you and do have some respect for you (really!), but we just have a different philosophy on the prepay thing - which is another discussion for another time (well maybe not).  Remember that I did tell you once I was not intentionall try to get on your case in a prior post a few years ago pertaining to the "go pound salt" expression which was directed at prepay con artist locators and not really you specifically.  Anyhow, not trying to open any old wounds here,

As I looked into it closer I realized after I put the first order of 40 for 6000.00 with Eddie and he called me up to purchase a second 40 which I agreed, then he even charged me for a 3rd 40 which I did not authorize to put me at 130 locations total. I was in shock that he would charge my debit card with my authorization. When I called him and asked why he charged my account, he said I placed the order. Why would I place a 3rd order of 40 when the first 40 was not completed.

Rich

Rich, Your statement makes one believe that Eddie stole your credit/debit card number and ran it through the system.  In fact, no transaction was really unauthorized, but "accidentally" paid by you.  Maybe you were tricked or confused, maybe not.  But you should be more precise in describing what really happened when making this kind of accusation.  I guess the legal system will have to sort it out.

No sweat jax...I remember.

It's funny you say that because I have been doing alot of upfront locating and pay me later or even pay me when you can locating...I'm just not advertising it yet...kinda feeling the waters out. I will be advertising it soon though.Just finished an order that way for deee_z. If it keeps going as smooth as it's been I will convert my company totally to we get you 5...you pay on delivery of the 5th, one replacement for  all for $150 no warranties everylocation gets a shot

when I have 20 peoples money I have 20 bosses and that goes totally against the way I'm wired LOL

Here is the $50.00 a week guarantee that Eddie sent me.

Note:Eddie Bauer of eddiebauervending.com will provide a new location free of charge on any soda location performing at less than $50 a week after a month in service to Rich.

Don't that mean I should get 40 to 50 new locations from Eddie since none of the one he located are performing $50.00 a week? The attorney already got the money back for the 80 that was not done but I am concerned about getting the money back for the ones that were already placed and not performing well. Better would be if he refunds me the money for the non performing accounts.

Rich, Your statement makes one believe that Eddie stole your credit/debit card number and ran it through the system.  In fact, no transaction was really unauthorized, but "accidentally" paid by you.  Maybe you were tricked or confused, maybe not.  But you should be more precise in describing what really happened when making this kind of accusation.  I guess the legal system will have to sort it out.

I'm glad someone else noticed how he changed his story from "I was shocked to see eddie ran my card unauthorized" to'I accidentally paid it twice"

getting caught in lies right here in black and white, imagine what I had to deal with verbaly trying to remeber all the he say she says and keep up with this guys stories on what placed when and why this and that.

He gave me no choice but to quit working for him after securing 167 yes's and him only paying for 150 of them we were into the next order when he started rethinking this whole vending thing and was looking for the exit

Jay snacks I will try to explain this again. Eddie sent me an invoice for 40 locations for $6000.00 through paypal. I clicked the button to confirm the order. A few days latter another invoice came through that was identical to the one he sent a few days before. I thought he did not get the first invoice so I clicked confirm again for another $6000.00 thinking it was for the previous order. Regardless if he did not locate the machines he should of refunded the money. I hope this clears things up.

Here is the $50.00 a week guarantee that Eddie sent me.

Note:Eddie Bauer of eddiebauervending.com will provide a new location free of charge on any soda location performing at less than $50 a week after a month in service to Rich.

Don't that mean I should get 40 to 50 new locations from Eddie since none of the one he located are performing $50.00 a week? The attorney already got the money back for the 80 that was not done but I am concerned about getting the money back for the ones that were already placed and not performing well. Better would be if he refunds me the money for the non performing accounts.

fromRICH CORSO <rtcorso@msn.com>

toeddiebauer@sbcglobal.net,

eddiebauerjr@gmail.com,

ericmonzingo@gmail.com

subjectFW:

Note:Addendum to One month in service agreement. Rich Corso will give each location provided by eddiebauervending.com 90 days of service to give ample time to realize profits.

Now what ???more lies

He didn't even leave them there for a month before he started moving them to new locations we were sending him without telling us.

unless it's a question from another member here I will not respond to this guys posts.

Jay snacks I will try to explain this again. Eddie sent me an invoice for 40 locations for $6000.00 through paypal. I clicked the button to confirm the order. A few days latter another invoice came through that was identical to the one he sent a few days before. I thought he did not get the first invoice so I clicked confirm again for another $6000.00 thinking it was for the previous order. Regardless if he did not locate the machines he should of refunded the money. I hope this clears things up.

OK, I understand!  I don't want to play Judge Judy here.  So let the lawyers go have some fun now!

The judge will also see that you just made up the addendum. Regardless if you want to use 90 days you still owe me because we are way past 90 days and I don't have one location that you located where a soda machine is making $50.00 a week.

IMO...........VENDiscuss should not advertise this guy's services on here.

why not?

If you ask 10 of my customers on here right now 8 would use my services again... no prob.

so why not?

read this full thread and see how he lies and then changes his story and then tell me again "IMO" why steve should not allow me to advertise on here?

the smart men that I know on this planet hear the  whole story and use a little caution before plurting out johny t

I got it Eddie. Do great work for the small orders to make you look good then screw over the big order. You still have $18,000.00 of money from me and not one location is doing over $50.00 a week, plus you only located about 50 machines not the 157 you keep telling everyone. Boy you are really fooling everyone Eddie.

That is right Jay snacks. I clicked the $6000.00 button twice on accident. They were a few days apart and were identical. If that was the case why didnn't Eddie bring it up to me. I found out months later that I paid for 130 not the 90 that Eddie was telling me he had to fill. He knew for a long time that I did not know about the extra charge and he thought there was a chance I would not of picked up on it.

Not saying your wrong, but I have questions to help me sort things out RoyalForest...

If your 2nd $6k payment through Paypal was a few days after your initial $6k -- your bank account AND your Paypal page would have already reflected this payment.

I know you have already acknowledged the 2nd payment was in part your fault.

But, in fairness to Eddie...

You claim it was thievery, trickery, or fraud that he never pointed out the 2nd $6k payment to you.

Is that fair?

YOU paid the additional $6k and yet it took you months to realize the extra $6k was paid.

You probably did not have nearly as many payments made on Paypal as Eddie had payments received via Paypal in that same time period --- and it STILL took you months to find.

Given your own delay in discovering the error -- why would you believe Eddie should have discovered it sooner?

He is no more apt to review his bank balance any more frequently than you are.

And there's no denying his Paypal is probably filled with a lot more entries than yours due to his locating service.

Under most circumstances, the $6k should have jumped out at you much sooner than it would have jumped out at him.

And it appears it did.

Sherlock, Eddie should of discovered it because he received the money and should of realized he double booked me. He did not bring it up BECAUSE HE WAS TRYING TO STEAL THE MONEY FROM ME, IN WHICH HE SUCEEDED BECAUSE HE STILL HAS MY 19,500.00. At that time I was having major stress and could not function because I could not believe what Eddie was doing and I realized I had bad accounts and the ship was sinking. It was trickery and deceiving because he had my confidence then slipped me a new invoice that was identical to the one he sent a few days prior hoping I get fooled which I did.

Not saying your wrong, but I have questions to help me sort things out RoyalForest...

If your 2nd $6k payment through Paypal was a few days after your initial $6k -- your bank account AND your Paypal page would have already reflected this payment.

I know you have already acknowledged the 2nd payment was in part your fault.

But, in fairness to Rob...

You claim it was thievery, trickery, or fraud that he never pointed out the 2nd $6k payment to you.

Is that fair?

YOU paid the additional $6k and yet it took you months to realize the extra $6k was paid.

You probably did not have nearly as many payments made on Paypal as Eddie had payments received via Paypal in that same time period --- and it STILL took you months to find.

Given your own delay in discovering the error -- why would you believe Eddie should have discovered it sooner?

He is no more apt to review his bank balance any more frequently than you are.

And there's no denying his Paypal is probably filled with a lot more entries than yours due to his locating service.

Under most circumstances, the $6k should have jumped out at you much sooner than it would have jumped out at him.

And it appears it did.

Its because it didn't go down that way sherlock...at ALL. He knew full well when  he paid it it was for the next order and so does everybody else by the way he is crawfishing and changing his story...they're just being nice. It just too much damn money not to. Man I ck a reck 20 dollar stuff much less pay 6k stuff willy nilly "OH maybe I havent paid that yet...I know I'll go ahead and pay it and then see if I doubled paid later

paypal will let you down load and cut and past transactions... those invoices were weeks aprt ...WEEKS apart

and besides that what did I have to gain... 6k. or whatever he says I owe one post it's 6k one post it's15k18k I think the last one said 19 something.. what am I going to retire on that. Iplan on being in this business a long time and I knew this guy from here and that it would be on here. And I know paypal has a dispute system.

he lies and started moving machines without tellingus to new locations and once i found out I quit

Archived