EDDIE BAUER THE TRUTH

royalforest

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish you would quit saying I took advantage of him. I had my whole staff around the clock working for this guy.

Eddie

I wish you would stop ending up in predicaments in which you must defend yourself.  I may need you to locate for me one day.  You may be the only descent locator left.

Yes, ultimately Royal Forest is the blame.  But sometimes the better man must step up to look out for the ignorant man.  You may have been new to vending, but you were not born yesterday.  I have only been in vending for six months and I know this transaction was ridiculous.  This conversation is not about experience in vending.  It is about character.

I am not defending Royal Forest because he is as wrong as two left shoes.  However, you are wearing one shoe on the proper foot and the other foot is bare.  If you did everything right than you would not be here defending yourself.  You would have smelled a rat and got out early.

As I said before, I believe you are an excellent locator; you just need to think more of your clients.

Royal, don't take this the wrong way, but I have a hard time believing you got a lawyer to recover money for you. I've never heard of a lawyer getting involved in a PayPal dispute like this.

Also, if a lawyer way involved, why didn't he go after Eddie?

None of this makes any sense.

Also, I've been involved in a few PP disputes, and also CC disputes. They always go back to the merchant.

Or are you saying you paid with PP but with your bank account?

Again, there just seems like a lot of strange things going on.

Lastly, if you really do have a lawyer who helped you with this, why even make this public before you sue? I would file the suit and then talk.

Kevin

Thank you

I was right in the middle of this between paypal my ins and his credit card co. there were no lawyers involved at all.Just a bankcard rep a paypal rep and my ins guy. I spent hours on this only to find out that PAYPAL has NO DEFENSE AGIANST CREDIT CARD REVERSALS AND RICH KNEW IT.

rc... all this hollywood talk about lawyers and suing this and that and president obamha is coming down to speak on your behalf since you poor planned vending scheme didn't work out and the big bad locator took all your money story.. etc... make you look like the liar and scammer you are

all you did was whine to the card co.they did a reversal and paypal has no choice.  I have a zero balance with pay pal. and I will never put another penny in there pocket

Royal, this is another example of you speaking unclearly. You have stated over and over that *your* lawyer got the money back. You also stated they did it without going after Eddie. In fact, you said earlier this was what pissed you off.

Now you state it is really the bank that gave you money back w/o any lawyers involved and, in fact, the bank is going after the Merchant (Eddie).

This makes other things you say hard to believe.

Also, you didn't fully read or understand my post. My point about Eddie is that I am *not* one of his satisfied customers. Still, he does have many and we parted *peacefully*.

You two have parted as enemies and you keep implying that anyone who deals with Eddie will be ripped off. Even though I was not happy with the service, I wasn't ripped off. For full disclosure, I also wasn't happy with Kickstart. I've only been happy with the old Midwest.

And, many others here have dealt with Eddie and not been ripped off.

So, you seem to have gotten your money back. Is your only problem that you have underperforming locations or is it more than that?

Kevin

OK Eddie, I luckily recovered the money you were trying to steal from me. Lets forget about the 80 locations I recovered. What about the 40 to 50 I have out from you that are over 90 days still not producing $50.00?

Note:Eddie Bauer of eddiebauervending.com will provide a new location free of charge on any soda location performing at less than $50 a week after a month in service to Rich.

Kevin

Let me try to clarify about lawyer ect... My bank has staffed attorneys in the fraud department for schemes like this that Eddie tried to pull. The attorney at the bank went after Eddies bank and recovered the money. I thought the money that the attorney recovered was from Eddies bank account. I did not know Eddie did not give the money back. I hope this clears it up. I am angry the money did not come from Eddie even though I recovered the $12,000.00 from his bank or paypal. I still have to resolve the 40 or 50 that Eddie did place, that I did not recover money back because they are not performing $50.00 a week.

Royal, just a little advice...choose your words carefully :)

First, the bank doesn't have lawyers "staffed" for things like this. In reality, like any large corp, they have lawyers who work for them. In cases like this, lawyers aren't even involved. Their fraud department handles it. Simple, easy.

Second, why do you care where the money comes from? If you got it back, be happy with that and move on. Your posts are showing a real anger towards Eddie. Whether or not it is misplaced is beside the point. When you use phrases like "Eddie's schemes", it makes it seem like you have an ax to grind and makes it harder for people to see and understand your point.

And this is the real important part. Because even if you are 100% correct, if you sound like you just want "Eddie to pay", then it will be hard to get people on your side.

You can see this in the first few posts of this forum. The dramatic title with nothing of substance.

If your real issue is underperforming locations, then that is what you and Eddie should work out. And you should try to work it out in private. Don't use inflamatory language like "schemes" and "stole". Just stick with the (current) facts - underperforming locations.

Kevin

Eddie

I wish you would stop ending up in predicaments in which you must defend yourself.  I may need you to locate for me one day.  You may be the only descent locator left.

Yes, ultimately Royal Forest is the blame.  But sometimes the better man must step up to look out for the ignorant man.  You may have been new to vending, but you were not born yesterday.  I have only been in vending for six months and I know this transaction was ridiculous.  This conversation is not about experience in vending.  It is about character.

I am not defending Royal Forest because he is as wrong as two left shoes.  However, you are wearing one shoe on the proper foot and the other foot is bare.  If you did everything right than you would not be here defending yourself.  You would have smelled a rat and got out early.

As I said before, I believe you are an excellent locator; you just need to think more of your clients.

I'm trying Sis...LOL

We were doing it though. We were sending 6,8 10 locations a day to him...for months. He couldn't keep up with us and they were busting out. Ask Bev...he was paying some ridiculous delivery fee to move out one machine at a time(400s buck or something per machine). He was running out of money and was calling me everday about filling bank ruptcy, this was his last shot... it has to work or my wife's going to leave me etc... He was to deep in. I felt for him until his asst called me and told me what he was doing. I still felt for him but I had to look out for me and my family and I pulled the plug on him.

I told him to start selling off some of the locations that were placed because he could get 2-3k per location depending to raise some capital.

but he just wanted to keep placing

I have lots of happy customer. I knew this gig was going to be a challenge and a risk. I did not get to where I am at today by not taking risks. To move to the next level in anything involves risk and I'm cool with that.. I knew this was going to be a great victory or blow up in my face. As bad as it may look on here I consider this one of my biggest learning experiences in my biz experience...we rose to the challenge and met it. The learning and the experience is a victory in itself.

I am not blameless I look back and I would have done about a hundred things different. But how would I have known that had I not have walked through this.

If you ever want to get some first hand experience with me Pm me 2 zips and I will place 5 upfront with one free replacement and no warranties.(which is the direction I am taking my business anyway,my fullline side is already like that and bulk is next, to avoid this type of incident) If you are happy ...pay me.

Kevin

Let me try to clarify about lawyer ect... My bank has staffed attorneys in the fraud department for schemes like this that Eddie tried to pull. The attorney at the bank went after Eddies bank and recovered the money. I thought the money that the attorney recovered was from Eddies bank account. I did not know Eddie did not give the money back. I hope this clears it up. I am angry the money did not come from Eddie even though I recovered the $12,000.00 from his bank or paypal. I still have to resolve the 40 or 50 that Eddie did place, that I did not recover money back because they are not performing $50.00 a week.

The way you received your money back was by no special effort by the bank or PayPal for that matter.  It is a service provided for even a lowly persons such as myself.

I am really astonished that you own three other businesses.  Wow!  :o

The way you received your money back was by no special effort by the bank or PayPal for that matter.  It is a service provided for even a lowly persons such as myself.

I am really astonished that you own three other businesses.  Wow!  :o

that's assuming that his assertion that he owns multiple businesses is any more credible than pretty much everything else he said which was not...

Sometimes it just doesn't pay to post these kinds of things. You ultimately end up shooting yourself in the foot.  If you have a beef, keep it private.  If somebody asks, just say that you wouldn't do business with them again and leave it at that.

Kevin

I was told by my bank that the attorney was working to recover my money from Eddie. They were successful in getting back $12,000.00. I hope that clarifies the attorney ect...

I am furious the money did not come from Eddie because of principle. If you can't see that Eddie helped me lose $75,000.00 then I don't know what to say. If you can't understand that he slipped in an invoice for me to purchase 40 after he already received the money for the invoice a few days prior and that it was done on purpose to try and steal money from me then I don't know what to say. If you send me an invoice for 6000.00, are you going to send me an identical invoice of another 6000.00 a few days later when the first 6000.00 order was not even started? He is a slimmy businessmen that will try his tactics again someday.

that's assuming that his assertion that he owns multiple businesses is any more credible than pretty much everything else he said which was not...

Interesting point Mizugori

Whether he owns three businesses is questionable.  But we must consider the number of locations he purchased.  We also know that he actually has the number of machines he claims because Eddie called some of the locations and he had machines moved around.  So he does have more money than I have to burn.  He paid for the locations and machines.  This alone gives him some credibility in terms of acquired capitol.

In saying that, we must consider his anxious business decisions.  How in the world does he have three other businesses?  He does not appear to have the business savvy or common sense it takes to succeed.  This is the reason I leaned on Eddie a little.  From some of his post he appears to be mentally and emotionally deprived.  Therefore he can be seen as vulnerable and needs special help.  This is the reason I pitied the guy.

But could Eddie’s assumption of him being a scam be correct?  Assuming he does own three other businesses he cannot possibly be that naïve.  So he at least tricked me in to thinking he was being taken advantage of.  He could have manipulated Eddie, his bank and pay pal into getting his machines located for free.  This could very well be the case.  

Either way, I think Eddie, in the future, will be a little more cautious as to who he accepts as a client.

Eddie, just an opinion-I don't know how you get any locating done when you're on here untill after 2 in the morning and then spend all the next morning right back here, I guess defending yourself.

RIGHT!!! LOl

actually logged off at 12 something and picked it up again around 9ish am...Texas time.

My guys are on the phone and I've been shooting out locations in between posts LOL I like to call a couple hours a day too... but ...yeah your right...not today lol

Kevin

I was told by my bank that the attorney was working to recover my money from Eddie. They were successful in getting back $12,000.00. I hope that clarifies the attorney ect...

I am furious the money did not come from Eddie because of principle. If you can't see that Eddie helped me lose $75,000.00 then I don't know what to say. If you can't understand that he slipped in an invoice for me to purchase 40 after he already received the money for the invoice a few days prior and that it was done on purpose to try and steal money from me then I don't know what to say. If you send me an invoice for 6000.00, are you going to send me an identical invoice of another 6000.00 a few days later when the first 6000.00 order was not even started? He is a slimmy businessmen that will try his tactics again someday.

Royal, you are missing my point. Look at the last few posts here. People are turning against you. Whether or not you are in the right, your approach to this has been all wrong.

Rather than simply stating facts, you are personally attacking Eddie. That type of tactic doesn't get (intelligent) people on your side.

If you really had a beef, you should have simply stated the facts (as you saw them)...

1) You asked Eddie for 90 or so locs

2) You got double billed for one set

3) You were able to recover your money from that

4) The remaining locs you have aren't performing.

I'm not saying the above is true or not true, but by just calling Eddie names you don't lend a lot of credibility to yourself.

In fact the reverse is happening. Agrantha is already suspecting Eddie is correct and you are scamming him.

Again, I'm not trying to say who is right and who is wrong...just trying to give you some advice on how to make your case.

And, making the statement about owning 3 businesses was a mistake. Many of the people here are real businessmen and they know what it takes to run a business. They, like me, find it hard to believe you could have 3 of them based on your comments.

Are these real businesses or just hobbies?

What type of entities do you have formed for them?

Kevin

Owning three businesses DOES NOT require much business savvy.

Owning three SUCCESSFUL businesses does.

Royalforest never claimed to own 3 successful businesses.

Not knocking anyone -- just stating the facts.

Kevin

I have to attack Eddie because he committed fraud on me. When you have something like that happen to you, then you would understand my feelings.  Eddie stopped giving me the locations because I started turning down 80% of them at that time. Either the business said they never ordered a machine or I turned it down because the location was too small with little foot traffic. He was going after the real small businesses. He knew these business were too small to work but he had to get my order filled. I can get the names and we can call the locations and see the location was not qualified or did not want a machine. Bev from Blue Moose has the evidence. She has the list of locations. I wish she would confirm the list so everyone can see I was not delusional. The real fraud came when Eddie slipped the invoice to me and double booked me. And then would not give my money back when I asked for it even though that order has not started.. Sorry I have not been articulate. I look up to your opinion because I have been reading your posts over the last year and you seem like a fair, and professional business person.

Royal, again, I understand you being upset. And regardless of what happened, you feel you were wronged, so being upset is fine.

I'm trying to get you to understand how to approach a situation to make it work to your best result. For example, I just closed a business of mine and the landlord tried to screw me out of my security deposit. My wife actually handled the situation, but the point is that she didn't do it by calling him names and threatening to sue.

The facts are that there is a disagreement between you and Eddie. From what I can tell, the main issue on your side is that you feel Eddie should replace some of your locations. From Eddie's side he feels that he has given you more locations that you paid for and therefore owes you nothing. Forget the rest. You got your money back. Don't look at it from a personal point of view. Let that part go.

These types of disagreements are best handled in private. Handling them in public is never productive. If you must say something, then stick to the facts as you see them and stay away from personal attacks.

Remember, this is a business disagreement. Keep a cool head and don't react emotionally to things.

Again, I would suggest you and Eddie sit down and try to work this out in private. Eddie seems pretty reasonable and if you approach it from a business point of view, you can probably both get something you can live with.

As an example, you can make a detailed list of the locations you paid for and how much they have pulled in revenue. Eddie may ask you some questions - or even ask you to change some product, etc. Listen to him.

In return, ask Eddie to agree that if you follow his instructions then after a certain point, he replaces the machines.

This is just an example, of course. Not knowing all of the facts, I can't suggest anything else.

Regardless, good luck and I hope for both of you that you work this out.

Kevin

Kevin

This is a forum of people putting their ideas together and giving help to each other so everyone can succeed. I would be hurting that next new vendor coming in the business if I did not tell them to stay away from Eddie and the kind of person he is.

Royal, you are 100% correct in what you state the forum is for. And I am not suggesting you don't tell people about your experience with Eddie.

What I am saying is this...

1) When you do tell people, stick to the facts. Saying things like "the kind of person he is" will hurt your argument and make people listen to you less. If you simply state the facts, people will be smart enough to make up their own minds.

2) If you are fighting with someone - as you currently are with Eddie - don't bring it into the public. Or, if you must, again, just stick to the facts. But if I understand this issue correctly, there seems to be a simple way to make things right. Posting this in public hurts those chances.

I believe, ultimately, that you want your business to succeed. Therefore you should do what you can to make that happen.

End this feud and talk with Eddie privately. Work things out. Get one of the more senior vendors here involved if you need to - maybe Bev since she handles Full Line

But if you continue here in public, you are just making it harder and harder to come to a reasonable resolution.

Kevin

Kevin

Thanks for the advice. I have tried to make it work but Eddie knew he could not fill the order and knew he can get away with just keeping the money. I am not going to waste anymore time fighting with Eddie. He had his chance to refund my money. I got 12,000.00 back and I am still down 75000.00 plus. I don't want his service. The business model does not work for a vendor if you use his service. You can get more for your buck with 3 headed candy machines vs. low volume stand alone accounts. Don't get me wrong if you can get a stand alone account by yourself, you would do much better because it will be a bigger business then the ones Eddie goes after. You need soda and snack accounts in one location that do volume in order to survive. I bought a small route with soda and snack at each location and is doing great. I am no longer a rookie and know what not to do.

Archived