hello from ohio

bigboivendor

i was really wanting to start out with a triple head, i think the xyz one, but from what i understand most people prefer double heads here more. what are some good websites to buy new from? checked my local craigslist and only have drink machines for sale around my area.

Guest ontheballvending

Glad to have you and You Might consider building your own machines, and cutting your cost by 1/2.

You can buy stands for $20-$30, and e-bay, craigslist & usedvending.com has heads for pricing @ $25-$50 per head.  So you are in it for less than $100 vs. the new route of $150 and up.  There is something about building your own machine from parts, and used heads that give a person some gratitude.  Maybe its just me.

I think LYPC has brand new heads for $40 or less.

Have a great day !  Good Luck.    All the best,  Scot

LOL, you are going to get a lot of different answers for that question :)

Personally, I like Vendstars - others here hate them. Regardless, just get one or two machines to start with. If you pick the "wrong" kind it doesn't matter much. Then you can see for yourself what you like and don't like.

Get a used machine on Craigslist for a cheap price - or eBay. Try not to spend more than $50, but definitely don't spend more than $100 (per machine).

Kevin

Guest ontheballvending

I agree totally with Gumball Empire.  Longterm 5 or more years, go with the best.

Short-Term go with the cheapest, that makes you money, re-invest your profits into the better machines.  You can get 2X or 3X more machines going the cheaper route==more money quicker.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Recent Pricing from a Supplier:

These are my best prices.Pro-line machines $39.99, 1” cast iron stands $21.00, double bracket $3.99,triple bracket $8.00. We also have the Classic machine with barrel globe $37.99 Check out my website if there is any other items you would be interested in.Shipping cost depends on how much you buy.

Larry Glick

Gumball Machine Factory.Com

533 W. Golf Rd.

Arlington Hts., IL 60005 USA

Tel: 847-437-7879 Fax: 847-956-7799

sales@gumballmachinefactory.com

Why not start off with the best right out of the gate?  Why buy junk that looks like sh*&6 out of the box.  You will have nothing but problems with those machines that will end up costing you locations when the management gets tired of giving out refunds.  Then in 5 years, what are you too do with the junk machines ?  You can't even sell them for scrap metal cause their mostly plastic?

I agree start out with good machines and they will last a lifetime, it will actually cost you less in the long run. If you want a good machine for the money I would buy the A&A knockoffs of nw and oak.

your gonna hafta call for actual pricing ask for joe x328

but here's a ball park

on the 1 inch machines about 55 to 60 dollars

2 in machine about 100.00 dollars

these are estimates

thanks man

will give them a call tomorrow

is aa one of the only reputable sites you guys like? are sites like gumballmachine over priced?

Guest ontheballvending

Just remember that Gumball Factory is a Broker, not a manufacturer.  By All means you might consider Beaver or NW as they are the best in the business.  However, the A & A knockoffs do work well for many years.

When you do get started the best advice I can give you is check your machines every 2 weeks, then you can move them to 4 or 6  week rotations.  Especially if they are going to be bulk candy.  We check every machine we own, every month.  Sometimes it does go 5 weeks, but our goal is every machine gets a visit every month.

Welcome to Vendiscuss BigBoi!  Ebay has decent deals, so might try checking that out.  Also, try posting a wanted ad on craigslist, I have had some luck with that too.  Either way, you are on the right track with searching for good deals.  Sometimes people put the cart ahead of the horse and buy into the BizOps with their pie in the sky promises only to find out they paid way too much for their machines and cant sell them for half of what they paid.  Stick with machines that have metal coin mechs with a "drop through" feature so pennies, dimes, etc wont jam it up.  Again welcome and read, read, read.

Don't listen to the people who say you'll have nothing but problems with cheaper machines. We've had Vendstars for 1.5yrs and had zero problems with them in that time.

Read the reviews on this board and you'll find that people who actually *use* Vendstars agree that they work fine and stand up without any troubles.

Again, not trying to push one brand over the other. Just saying to start out cheap. Learn and move from there. You might decide you don't even want to do vending. This way you are out a minimal amount of money.

Kevin

Resist the temptation of triples and stick with singles and doubles for the time being.  Northwestern or A&A's, Beavers a little to pricey unless you find a good used deal on them.  Product wise to keep it simple at first I would stick with only candy you can get at your local Sam's club and maybe some bouncy balls from A&A.  But can't stress this enough READ, READ, READ through the old post and take your time.  If you a valid questions ask them and you will get an answer, but most of the questions your gonna have as a newbie you will find an answer to just by reading through the old post.  Good luck!

LOL, np Kelly. The fact is there are lots of different opinions about machines and triples vs. doubles or singles here.

The OP should just get a couple of machines and place them. It doesn't matter what type or how many heads. Get cheap, used machines and see if he likes it. If he does, then he can worry about brand and heads...

Kevin

Welcome Bigboi. Where you located in Ohio?

springfield, it looks like this town could use a few more vendors lol

thanks for the advice everyone so far, you're a very welcoming forum

but as far as getting my first single goes, should i fill it with candy(was thinking rp) or gumballs?

ohwell i still have alot of reading to do

If its a single head fill with gumballs unless its in primarily adult clientel then go with Reese pieces. Adults will buy gumballs but not like them little ankle biters. Profit margin on gumballs are better than other candy.

Guest ontheballvending

at 2 1/2 cents or .025 cents, you can not go wrong with Gumballs, or you can order Nerds Gumballs from Oak Leaf which cost about .04 cents.  Gumballs capture a wide audience, and sell consistently.  I would say the most profit on all candy is in Gumballs.

Good luck !!  We are pulling for you !!

thanks man

will give them a call tomorrow

is aa one of the only reputable sites you guys like? are sites like gumballmachine over priced?

There are only a few manufacturers and the rest are resellers.

Oak Mfg

A&A

Northwestern

Beaver

I'm not sure, but I think that Seaga and LYPC are just rebranded cheap overseas machines to make them look like their own.  If you buy one of the 4 brands above, you can't go wrong. 

Of the 4 above, only one (NW) will have a triple machine.  You won't see those on ebay very often.  It's either because nobody sells the ones they have because they are work-horses, or because experienced venders don't really do triples.  You are better off buying a few singles and making them into a double.  It costs about the same as a cheap triple from gumballs.com (or whichever of the myriad gumball sounding websites out there).

I agree totally with Gumball Empire.  Longterm 5 or more years, go with the best.

Short-Term go with the cheapest, that makes you money, re-invest your profits into the better machines.  You can get 2X or 3X more machines going the cheaper route==more money quicker.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Recent Pricing from a Supplier:

These are my best prices.Pro-line machines $39.99, 1” cast iron stands $21.00, double bracket $3.99,triple bracket $8.00. We also have the Classic machine with barrel globe $37.99 Check out my website if there is any other items you would be interested in.Shipping cost depends on how much you buy.

Larry Glick

Gumball Machine Factory.Com

533 W. Golf Rd.

Arlington Hts., IL 60005 USA

Tel: 847-437-7879 Fax: 847-956-7799

sales@gumballmachinefactory.com

It's hard to believe gumball machine factory has any machines for less than $40, what with the 50% markup they add to everything.  If they have a machine for $37.99, it's not on their website.