.25 Cent per play crane

dpvnc

Guess it was a dumb question.  I have found a location for the crane. Could anybody give me some information on properly loading it so I have happy customers? I saw one machine with silly bands rubber banded to sponges.  Please any help would be appreciated  thanks in advance

You can change the claw to a candy claw if you want. I had read a few years ago that the best candy claws were from these guys:

"Complete Claw Assembly Candy SS #28"

http://www.candyandtoy.com/

I have no idea how much they cost, but if you call them they will tell you that and also be able to talk you through the process to change the claw.

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Big choice is now out working. I loaded it with plush from the dollar store and a few toy  products that looked like the kids might like.

I fgured that if  three items in a package at the dollar store my cost of goods would be a bit less.  I wrapped some  packages of silly bandz to some of the plush. The location owner was really happy. It made a quarter before I left.

The big choice has been on location since Saturday about 1pm. I went to check it last night. It was working fine the business owner was happy.The machine had $15.50 in it. It looked like the prizes were getting moved around quite a bit.

Went to check on the .25 crane. I have actually checked  on it twice this week. It had another $24.50  for a $40.00 total. About 50 percent of the prizes  were gone, so I adjusted the grip to about 50 percent of full. Give it a week and I'll check it again. Oh I had to go back to the dollar store and buy more prizes. I bought some bright colored plush snakes the first time I figured they would be hard to win. I even put them in the corners. Both were won. so I bought a couple more. Just using a mix of sea animals, jungle animals and some plush sports balls. The business owner seems very happy he likes the crane being 25 cents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is in a vietnamese resturant. I had a relationship because I had a machine there already. He had ask me about buying a video game.

It has been doing about 40.00 a week. I give him 50 percent but it is a little too much I feel  Buying plush cheaper than $1.00 per is key

I use some wierd Items like 2 for 1  dollar store small frisbees  and floam  jump ropes. and I throw in round capsuled silly bands on top of the plush. first couple weeks I broke even now it is making money. Another location just ask for one.

Wow! A 25c crane. I have never seen or heard of that. What brand is it and can you program it to vend a higher amount if you want? I have been doing cranes for a while now and have found that right now "winner every time" for $1 are doing the best.

Attach a picture so we can see it.

Gary

Gary:

This thing is old ,Betson distributed them Big Choice. It does not even have joy stick just push buttons.

The mechs would have to be changed out to make it a higher price vend. It does not win every time

but the kids play it.  I have to go and service it tomorrow. It has been fun and a learning expierence 

eh bit the bullet and picked it up, was not much money

candycrane.jpg

guy showed me how i can disable the 'win every time' functionality

hopefully i can find somewhere to take it at least the co is still in business

and still sells these units

maybe if i got the arm tension right,i plan to get some and try it out because

id prefer those over candy

old owner said it picks up plush toys

just fine (what he was using it for) so worst case scenario i can disable

the "win" sensor and use it for plush, i think the claw can be replaced also

not sure tho

I throw 2" caps in mine  on top of the plush. It slows the win rate quite a bit. I use slow movers If there is a potentiometer on the main board it adjusts the grip strength. The claw is different on a candy crane those little scoop things on the claw make it for candy. Do not pay too much commission

I would try candy. Go buy mix bags today 1/2 price.

It is a nice looking machine. Should not be a problem finding it a home. Keep us posted on how you do with it.

i dont do bulk not sure what locations do the best

i assume something like a buffet or a sports bar

what do you guys think?

Archived