'Revision Door' (AP 7000) reveiw

davekro

I have seen the new doors at the NAMA shows and it is very interesting. Quality seems good and their kits are known to be good.

The tough part is the $1095.00 price tag plus the cost of mech and val and freight. Labor shouldn't be much but still should be figured into the equation. So you could easily be into this for $1600.00 before you even started rebuilding the cabinet side.

I'm not sure what I think about it. I looked at it on there website and you can buy a rebuild 7000 for 2100 dollars and that's great and all but you can buy a new snack for 3k I don't see the that saving 900 dollars means that much when buying machines. Plus who makes parts for this is it just ve what happens in 5 years if they change it or stop making them and I don't like the painted door I like machines that you can tuffount.

I've got three machines that were candidates for this.  For me it was far more cost effective to pull machine have a guy repaint the cabinet and put new vinyl on the front. Then I put in a new smart board and upgraded DBV and Mech. Cost me about $1,000.00 total, including moving. In low to moderate volume location this was appropriate. If it was high volume I'd think about it, but then if it was high volume I wouldn't have a 20 year old 7000 in there either. ;)

So for me, no I don't see the value.