Sams Club - New Pushie Sales Booths

Jax Snacks

Went into Sams to get the usual candy supplies and man oh man, what a pain!  They have these little sales booths all over the place now trying to sell you everything from magic car wax to a magic cooking skillet.  Don't really care, but they staff them with aggressive sales people and now I get a sales pitch in every isle I go to.  I read that Sam had fired all the internal employees who did that job and replaced them with outside commission only contractors.

When I checked out, there was a manager there helping the clerk and he asked me if "everything was OK"?  Well I took the opportunity and told him that I felt like I was just telemarketed by 8 different sales people to buy junk I don't really want.  I then told him if he would let me place a vending machine there, I may consider buying that over priced magic car wax!  He just smiled and walked away.  Sam needs to be careful and to not tick off their existing customers with these over aggressive sales dogs.  The last thing I want is a sales pitch when all I really need is milk and bread - or Skittles!

I haven't been in a couple weeks, but out here I have not seen anything like this. Here they have booths but they just have food/drink, no car wax. They provide free samples. I've used the opportunity to make friends with several employees at Sam's, and frequently get a free lunch added on to my trip. I really hope they didn't fire the people who feed me. If I meet someone trying to sell me car wax when I go in, I'll make sure to ask for the store manager. I've spoken to him a few times (to compliment his staff), and if there's no free food, I'll need to switch to business membership.

They provide free samples. I've used the opportunity to make friends with several employees at Sam's, and frequently get a free lunch added on to my trip. I really hope they didn't fire the people who feed me.

I think that is precisely the problem, at least in the minds of Wallie World execs.  Too much free stuff and not enough sales by those nice employees.  As Jim Kramer says each night,  "I am not here to make friends, I am here to make money".  Looks like that might be their new theme coming to a club near you!

They come off like cheap car salesmen. I was walking down an aisle to buy chips the other day, and someone said "you look like your looking for windows".  It's the same reason why I don't like radioshack. They always try to sell me other items.

I wouldn't mind if I wasn't paying for the membership and being a loyal customer.

That's like paying for cable TV and still having to watch commercials.

What I don't like is having to show my receipt at the door before they would  let me out.

Somebody at Wal-Mart tried to do that to me, and I just blew them off.  They have no right to request to see the receipt at Wal-Mart.  Sams Club tho, they might.  Since it's a membership store.  But there's nothing posted that says you are required to show your receipt.

That's like paying for cable TV and still having to watch commercials.

What I don't like is having to show my receipt at the door before they would  let me out.

Somebody at Wal-Mart tried to do that to me, and I just blew them off.  They have no right to request to see the receipt at Wal-Mart.  Sams Club tho, they might.  Since it's a membership store.  But there's nothing posted that says you are required to show your receipt.

Watch Out Dperry

Some of those crazy Wal-Mart Security persons may tackle you in the parking lot. Don't get your fur scuffed up.  LOL!

I just figure that part of what i'm paying for is a comfortable shopping atmosphere. To me, that doesn't involve someone trying to harass me about buying windows for my house. Going early in the morning seems to work well though.

I was actually at Sam's Yesterday.  I had $248 worth of sodas and vendible snacks.  I had two people do the sir thing and proceed to do a sell pitch. the second one was persistent! Trying to give me a sales pitch while I am loading up my cart.  I finally turned around walked up to him, "look at my cart.  its full of vending items.  do you really think I am interested in a fricken vacuum cleaner?"  then I walked off.

Although I am just a standard member, my local sams is a pain to get through the check out line.  They will NOT open another register unless all the other registers have at least 5 people waiting in line in each of them!  And when the lines start clearing out, they start closing registers.  the quickest I have EVER gotten through the line was 10mins. 

It is getting to the point, that I am paying as much as 5cents more per item at walmart vs. driving 45mins to sams and wait in line for at least 10mins.

What I do now, is go once a month.  if I run out of something, then I get it at walmart. yet it makes it hard on the snacks, due to dates etc, can't stock up on them like I can on drinks.

I was actually at Sam's Yesterday.  I had $248 worth of sodas and vendible snacks.  I had two people do the sir thing and proceed to do a sell pitch. the second one was persistent! Trying to give me a sales pitch while I am loading up my cart.  I finally turned around walked up to him, "look at my cart.  its full of vending items.  do you really think I am interested in a fricken vacuum cleaner?"  then I walked off.

Although I am just a standard member, my local sams is a pain to get through the check out line.  They will NOT open another register unless all the other registers have at least 5 people waiting in line in each of them!  And when the lines start clearing out, they start closing registers.  the quickest I have EVER gotten through the line was 10mins. 

It is getting to the point, that I am paying as much as 5cents more per item at walmart vs. driving 45mins to sams and wait in line for at least 10mins.

What I do now, is go once a month.  if I run out of something, then I get it at walmart. yet it makes it hard on the snacks, due to dates etc, can't stock up on them like I can on drinks.

That $.05 more per item your paying at walmart can go towards paying for the business membership at Sam's.

Trust me -- it's worth it.

You can go during gold hours and share the whole store with only a few other customers and NO sales people pitching products in the aisles.

I have never stood in line at the register when shopping during business-owner gold hours at Sam's.

There are usually 1 or 2 cashiers waiting for customers.

I think Sam's understands that business-owner members shopping at that time need to get in and out of the store.

Well worth the extra cost for business membership.