Storing your toys

lurtsman

In bulk we all must carry significant inventory to handle racks--or deal with the stresses and strains of suppliers who don't particularly care about if we run out of product. For that reason I use one of these:

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=152201

I'm planning to buy a second, and I noticed the online price is 11 dollars cheaper than my local store. I tried setting my cart to contain one of each, and it still showed the difference. It said the shipping was 0.00, but further inspection into "shipping options" states that if the price is unavailable they list it as 0.00 and tell you later. It wants you to go from "check out" to "check out now" -- something I was hesitant to do because I have not purchased from them online recently to know if there is another option before they charge you--and if they have a large delivery fee I would not want to find out about it AFTER it was being billed to me.

Anyone know how to get the actual shipping price from them, or if it is safe to go to "check out now"..... or if you can get the local store to match the online price?

Tried logging into my account and I was able to get the information. Anyone looking at purchasing one of these stands will want to buy it in the store rather than have it shipped. The 0 dollars jumped to over 36.

So now the questions become: Is there a better option for storing toys? Can we push the store to match the online price? (It seems like free site to store shipping should be offered)

In bulk we all must carry significant inventory to handle racks--or deal with the stresses and strains of suppliers who don't particularly care about if we run out of product. For that reason I use one of these:

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=152201

I'm planning to buy a second, and I noticed the online price is 11 dollars cheaper than my local store. I tried setting my cart to contain one of each, and it still showed the difference. It said the shipping was 0.00, but further inspection into "shipping options" states that if the price is unavailable they list it as 0.00 and tell you later. It wants you to go from "check out" to "check out now" -- something I was hesitant to do because I have not purchased from them online recently to know if there is another option before they charge you--and if they have a large delivery fee I would not want to find out about it AFTER it was being billed to me.

Anyone know how to get the actual shipping price from them, or if it is safe to go to "check out now"..... or if you can get the local store to match the online price?

I used the online service just once and had no problem with being overcharged on shipping.

Maybe you'll have better luck at HomeDepot.

http://www.homedepot.com/Storage-Organization-Garage-Storage/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xj1Zarmi/R-100006678/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Or Walmart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-5-Shelf-Shelving-Unit-Light-Platinum/8282891

That one says it's not available in stores, but it's lightweight and only costs $32.  So the cost plus shipping should still be pretty cheap.

Thanks Dperry. I copied you. I went into my Lowe's and it turned out there was one in stock, and the website had said they were out. It looks good. I might not get enough time to assemble it tonight. Dinner will be served shortly and it's 9:12 here. I need to get to bed fairly soon since tomorrow will be another early morning :)