Truth or Bull?

NinnJinn

My guess is that he is blowing smoke.  or he is about to lose a lot of accounts!  Anyways, it just doesn't add up.

Craigs List:

This is a well established vending business consisting of about 50 accounts and 90 machines total. It's gross sales bring in about 140,000 to 150,000 dollars annually. Included with the business is a 1995 Chevy box truck, a 1987 Chevy pickup with a lift gate for hauling machines, all inventory presently owned, as well as numerous repair and replacement parts for the machines. You spend about 20 to 25 hours a week running the route and clear about 600 to 800 dollars a week. The reason I have decided to sell this business is to go back to school to pursue a degree in business. This would be a great business for a family that would like to get their kids involved in helping out for some extra money.  ( He also listed a phone number but I left it out.)

Actually the numbers are plausible. A good route should be able to run 250K a year fulltime. So 140-150 on 25 is realistic. However he fails to mention that as owner operator there is also time for paperwork, loading and cleaning truck and other things a one man shoe has to do.

600-800 week also works if prices and COGS is in proper ratio. My guess closer to the 600 number. Thats less than 50K a year, before personal income taxes.

Also fails to mention that unless this is a cash purchase the debt payment will eat into the weekly pay significantly. So depending on price and terms a buyer could wind up working for free until the debt is retired.

He says what it grosses yearly, and what you'd take home weekly, but he neglects to mention the sale price... or terms of the sale.

Seems like a pretty critical piece of information to conveniently leave out.

this is funny  this guy is in my area  he bought  his route from a guy that retired  as a matter afact i got one of his locations because he couldnt keep  it  serviced  as far as sales i dont know  but i do know the guy that sold it to him wanted $185,,000.00  for it  it had 190 machines out    so there is some truth but im not sure how much

My guess is that he is blowing smoke.  or he is about to lose a lot of accounts!  Anyways, it just doesn't add up.

Craigs List:

This is a well established vending business consisting of about 50 accounts and 90 machines total. It's gross sales bring in about 140,000 to 150,000 dollars annually. Included with the business is a 1995 Chevy box truck, a 1987 Chevy pickup with a lift gate for hauling machines, all inventory presently owned, as well as numerous repair and replacement parts for the machines. You spend about 20 to 25 hours a week running the route and clear about 600 to 800 dollars a week. The reason I have decided to sell this business is to go back to school to pursue a degree in business. This would be a great business for a family that would like to get their kids involved in helping out for some extra money.  ( He also listed a phone number but I left it out.)

splitting the difference 145,000 / 90  machines / 52 = 30 per week per machine