Rookie Mistake

Hillbilly

I made a rookie boo-boo!!!

Got a call some time ago about a mech jammed in a new toy location.  Went down the next day and fixed it.  Went to service this evening and the machines were turned around backwards.  The mech was jammed again and they didn't call me this time.  Who knows how long it has been sitting turned around.

It is on the way to my FTJ so I should have stopped and checked on it.  5 weeks and didn't hardly pull anything out of 2 machines. :angry:  I'll be switching out the mech with a NW .50 one instead of A&A in the morning.

Yes. It will not spring back if one quarter is put in. And will lock up if no quarters are put in and the handle is turned. Then the washer checker falls to where the quarter should be and then jams.  I got some from NW and they are working great.

I should clarify I tried the A&A upgrade kits on the NW Super 60 mechs.  My rep said they would work. Obviously they will not.  They may work fine on the A&A mechs.

I am curious too actually jmac and I were talking about 50 cent mechs the other day and we were skeptical of these upgrade kits.  Beaver has ones that you put a quarter in, turn it, then insert the second quarter.  I dunno something about that just kind of made us a bit nervous.  He ended up buying a brand new 50 cent mech and machine, but through oak. 

Which brand?

You could visibly tell the difference between the NW and A&A.  The metal was cut different and everything felt like a new mech when I got the NW together.  The A&A didn't feel like that.

I've also upgraded some Super 80 mechs with NW parts.  No problems with those either.