Location with 40-50 employees

j65737

I'm soon going to be purchasing a Combo machine for a manufacturing company with 40-50 employees. Can anyone give me some insight as to what would be the best brand to go with and how many selections/ machine size I should be looking for to cater to 40-50 employees?

I plan on buying a new or like new machine, they are seeking a new vendor because the current vendor has a old machine that does not work very well, has downtime, and requires parts maintenance too often. That being said, I'm looking for something very functional and reliable.

Any information is appreciated.

Also, is a combo machine the best choice or should i purchase 2 separate machines? 

Thanks!

At 40-50 employees you are right on the cusp of needing full size equipment. You can make a combo work but you will probably need to service 2X a week and a combo vendor is subject to getting booted out the door if another vendor comes in and offers full size equipment that will have more variety and selection.

On the other hand, with full size stuff you will have to be more careful about stale dating snacks

If it was me I'd go with the larger stuff just because you will have more options down the road if/when you lose the account. I take the attitude that because this is a service industry that sooner or later I will lose every account that I have. The idea is to grow faster than you lose them. It may not be your fault but you will lose them when a location closes, moves, gets new ownership, etc.

If you do go with a combo look at USI one. It will hold six cases of bottles or 12 cases of cans, most of the other combos I know about don't have that kind of drink capacity. Fair warning though most of these combos are beasts to move, over 800 lbs and wide enough that in almost every case that does not have a double door it means you will be pulling doors off of hinges and taking things apart to move them in.

After reading your replies my attention caught on a Crane National machine with these specs.

•  Model 147-6 shelves

•  Ultra Black-multi price

•  72" H x 38" W x 35" D 

•  VN2511 $ bill validated

•  Shipping Weight 750 lbs

•  5 wide snack machine

•  35 to 40 selections

•  300 to 400 items

I am considering setting up something with the local coke company for the soda machines, as I'm somewhat strapped for cash & am trying my hardest to build my route without credit. Is there any foreseen problems with using coca cola loaned machines?

A 5 wide is too big for that location. A 4 wide would be better. A 3 wide preferred. The reason is that by limiting number of selections you increase volume of each individual selection reducing stale issues. With only 40 50 employees that is someting to be concerned with.

Thanks for the replies so far, I appreciate it!

Sadly, I'm full of questions..What kind of income should i expect to make from a location with 40-50 metal parts manufacturer employees by using say; a 4wide snack machine and a soda machine?

A 5 wide is too big for that location. A 4 wide would be better. A 3 wide preferred. The reason is that by limiting number of selections you increase volume of each individual selection reducing stale issues. With only 40 50 employees that is someting to be concerned with.

How much product will each row hold?  obviously, i have never seen the inside of a full line snack machine.  only the ones that are mechanical.

How much product will each row hold?  obviously, i have never seen the inside of a full line snack machine.  only the ones that are mechanical.

It varies but each auger(spiral) ought to hold at least 10-12 items for chip and pastry rows, 15-20 on candy rows. A full 5 wide will hold around 550 or more pieces completely filled.

It varies but each auger(spiral) ought to hold at least 10-12 items for chip and pastry rows, 15-20 on candy rows. A full 5 wide will hold around 550 or more pieces completely filled.

:o are you serious!  :o  holy cow man!  now I know why the stale product ordeal happens!  I'm used to 6 selections per spiral in the mechanicals.

Thanks for the replies so far, I appreciate it!

Sadly, I'm full of questions..What kind of income should i expect to make from a location with 40-50 metal parts manufacturer employees by using say; a 4wide snack machine and a soda machine?

without more detailed info I`d project 350 - 500 a month gross.

I think that will be a nice account for you.  Also if you are near St. Louis you would be close to American Vending Machines...http://www.americanvendingmachines.us

I would go over to see them and walk through the warehouse.  That way you will get a good idea of what is available in your area.

I think Mission said it best when saying you have to build faster then you lose them. 

Poplady