Vendstar Misvend FRUSTRATION!

adkarr24

I have one vendstar machine on location that is driving me nuts! I can't seem to stop it from misvending. It seems that only 4 MM's will come out and then the next time 20 will come out and then for like 10 times the normal amount will vend and then it will start all over again. I took the canister apart and re-adjusted the wheel, but no luck. I then put in a different canister (that I tested with another machine, and it worked) and the same thing keeps happening. I'm vending regular M&M's so nothing is really jamming like it could with PMM or M&I. Any ideas or suggestions? My location is getting frustrated with the machine and so am I!

If you put the whole canister on a different machine and it works just fine everytime,  IMO  its time to replace the machine.  the coin mech setup is wore out.  you probably have some gears/teeth that are worn down inside the mech and is not making your canister provide a full vend.

then the second person that comes along not only gets their full vend, but also gets the previous customer's partial vend.

Wouldn't you just replace the coin mech?

Vendstars are cheap enough used that if your going to use them, buy extra(s) just for parts.  I think some people on ebay are making a living (okay, extra money) buying full machines, and parting them out for others.