Spoilage?

Maybe some of the bigger guys can give you a better answer, i'll give you mine

I have some spoilage, but i have learned to minimize it through inventory control.  It is so negligable that  I dont even track it.  In one year I have thrown away(ate) 20 bags of chips and one case of soda.  If i had more locations I would probably not have any waste.

The guys got it right. As owner operators your spoilage should be virtually nonexistent. If I had to put a number on mine it would be around .5% for out of date/damaged/giveaways.

The larger guys with multiple routes that I know try to keep it less than 1.5%

Is it safe to say that the more snack machines you have the easier it gets to keep spoilage low? I only have 2 right now and i go by them first before i go buy anything. I couldnt imagine how much extra stuff id have laying around if i didnt.

Is it safe to say that the more snack machines you have the easier it gets to keep spoilage low? I only have 2 right now and i go by them first before i go buy anything. I couldnt imagine how much extra stuff id have laying around if i didnt.

i think so , when i started putting out honor boxes my spoilage went

way down but i also started replacing short dated products like pastry with with long datedproducts like jerky, pop tarts, 5hr energy drink

i think so , when i started putting out honor boxes my spoilage went

way down but i also started replacing short dated products like pastry with with long datedproducts like jerky, pop tarts, 5hr energy drink

That`s an effective way to manage it. Even though I have more volume I still pay close attention to dates and try to put longer dated stuff out if I think it will sell.