Midwest locators: How are they over a year after ownership changing?

hutchdavidson

Last I knew (a few weeks ago) Jackie was in business..

To the best of my knowledge:

Jackie purchased the business in 2009. She says she did not understand how many locations were currently owed and had already been charged for. During the past year she has given out over 250 locations that were owed which were not on the records she obtained with the business. There were some personal issues that took her away from the business for a while. During this time the business operated inefficiently to the disadvantage of the customers. I was one of those customers. I did not expect to ever receive my last several locations. They called me one day out the blue to announce she was back, they were working on the locations I had ordered the previous year, and they were very sorry for the delay. They cranked out the rest of the locations and they were of similar quality to the old midwest. I probably would've had issues with them if not for being too busy to get after them about my owed locations. Since it wasn't a high priority I just wrote it off as something to handle later. It made me appear more patient than I am, and it made doing business easier. I've ordered a few more locations, we'll see how they do. From all the reports EB is much faster, but I've got enough on my plate that I wasn't going to be ready to install right away anyway. KS has worked their way through my order also. On the whole it feels like quality has dipped slightly regardless of who I use, but I attribute that to how swamped this place is. Since 2 years ago I've added over 80 locations within about 20 miles of here. It's not a major metropolis,  so that made a significant bump in the saturation level. If you want to try them, go for it. Give them a small order. Understand that Midwest is usually not the fastest locator--but they do give a great value in terms of guarantee for the price. MW, KS, EB all do business differently and each has their own strength. The economy here seems to be functioning well in encouraging each to carve out their own niche. I have nothing but positive things to say about all three. I'd say all 4 if Hot Shot was still in business. Best commission locator I've worked with. Kelly, that small chain you got me is great!

If you are in an area that isn't saturated, any of the three should work well for you. In short:

MW : Pro : Value, price for performance is tops

Cons: Slow placement times

KS: Pro : Great online interface. Reasonably fast (very fast if you use next day), good guarantee

Cons: More expensive than others listed for unique machines

EB: Pro: Fast. Low Cost per location.

Cons: Lack of guarantees

If I still have charity machines to get out in spring I may give EB a small order so I can review his business more thoroughly. I wouldn't order from a locator that isn't on these forums.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In business is when you cash folks check and communicate with them via phone/email.  Then you provide them the locations that the customer paid for.  Communication is the key. 

Out of business is when you cash folks check, communication ends, don't return phone calls/emails.  I would love for Jackie to call me and tell me that she is sorry or something came up or even I just cashed your check and I'm keeping the money and don't call anymore.  I would have more respect for her if she did that.  Silence is the worse.

Why doesn't Jackie chime in on this thread?

As for Jackie's attorney and lawsuit for slander.  BRING IT!

Glad I found this forum.  Looks like there are some great locators here.

Kick Start and Eddie Bauer will be receiving my money in the future.

You can disagree but there's no need to try to get someone into legal trouble thats not cool man!

Merely mentioning the fact that it's possible to get yourself tangled up with some legal issues has nothing to do with trying to get someone in legal trouble.

I'm pretty sure it's G-Vending that's trying to get himself in trouble.  Else he would not go about engaging in the morally reprehensible behavior that he is.

Does that make sense?

Let me give you an illustration.  Let's imagine you standing on a bridge, and you're about to throw your arch-rival off the bridge.  I'm standing right beside you, and I say to you "you understand that throwing someone off this bridge is a felony, right?"  Now, you're telling me that the mere suggestion of the possible repercussion of your actions, means that I'm trying to get someone in trouble?  I'm fairly certain the one doing the "getting someone in trouble" is the person engaged in the problem, not the one with the solution.

Or are we reverting back to the rules of 2nd grade, and you perceive me as "tattling" on G-Vending on the playground?  You know those rules don't actually apply in the real world.  :)

Whatever man  you can save me the illustrations!!  Funny you mention second grade, I'm sure you were that  kid that told the teacher on everyone at the playground . Where I'm from those rules  do apply. Anyways I'm done with this topic so don't bother writing back some long intellectual response let's get back on topic here!

roflmao! thanks for the chuckle guys! ;D I like all of you guys so it tickles me to read everyones viewpoints! hey profits...do you watch the big bang theory? I get a mental image of Sheldon in my head when reading your post!  :-* you even favor him!

roflmao! thanks for the chucklre guys! ;D I like all of you guys so it tickles me to read everyones viewpoints! hey profits...do you watch the big bang theory? I get a mental image of Sheldon in my head when reading your post!  :-* you even favor him!

I'm a big fan of that show.  Probably the most well done show on television.  I'm also a big fan of Dexter... but I'm not a serial killer.  :)

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased 2500.00 worth of candy locations from MidWest over a year ago. They filled half the order over 6 months ago and they refuse to fill the other half of my order or give me my $1250.00 back. It is unbelievable that they think they can get away with taking someones money not fill the order and not refund your money. I have tried for 3 months emailing Jackie for my refund but she decided that it is much easier to take the money and go on to the next person. I am so fed up that she will see me in court. Rich

I purchased 2500.00 worth of candy locations from MidWest over a year ago. They filled half the order over 6 months ago and they refuse to fill the other half of my order or give me my $1250.00 back. It is unbelievable that they think they can get away with taking someones money not fill the order and not refund your money. I have tried for 3 months emailing Jackie for my refund but she decided that it is much easier to take the money and go on to the next person. I am so fed up that she will see me in court. Rich

Geez........thats a horrible story.  She is unbelievable.  And she was a doctor?  Yeah right!  Give me a break!  What a f**k** shyster.

They filled the orders I had with them. I was happy to hear she was back and trying to clear up the back log of locations. Said she was doing a special for all her customers since she was back and wanted to get business flowing again. I signed on because it sounded like a good deal. I haven't heard anything since. That was nearly two months ago. I think it's time to call and see if she is still in business.

Following up. I called Midwest today. When I placed the order I told them I needed some time to get everything in order so they could wait a couple weeks before working on mine. Today I found out they were waiting to hear from me that I was ready, and I was just expecting they would get started after a few weeks. It's fairly possible that I had indicated I would call her and let her know when I was ready. I've been swamped occasionally and got my notes messed up. We'll see how they do. She says they have reached some agreements with major chains to be put charity machines in the break room. It's a ton of work to get that approval, but when she has it she can distribute those locations to people all across the country so she is able to capture the economies of scale that we don't have as individual vendors.

I'll have to ask her about it sometime. T-bird, how long ago was your order? I know she had some major issues with not getting the records to show people who had paid for locations that were undelivered. She would've been much better served by forming her own business and just buying the contacts from the previous midwest--instead of paying to assume the responsibilities for orders that were billed but not fulfilled. Of course, I'd have raged at the previous seller for trying to close the business with outstanding debts.

Of course, I'd have raged at the previous seller for trying to close the business with outstanding debts.

Yeah... it's a golpher situation for all... but the most guilty person here is the one selling the business.

I would have thought the person buying the business was also getting all the clients, and the current jobs.  Although that should have been taken into account with the purchase price.

But the current clients are the ones you know are going to bring you business, so they are the last ones you want to mess with.  (Censored myself there.)

She took my money after she was set up in her new business. She flat out took my money and will not fill half of my order or give me a refund for over a year now. I am sure when my lawsuit hits her table she will try to call and fill my order. Its a game, she figures no one is going to do anything because it it a lot of work to take someone to court. Its much easier to take someones money and ignore them then it is to actually fill the job.

• 4 weeks later...

She took my money after she was set up in her new business. She flat out took my money and will not fill half of my order or give me a refund for over a year now. I am sure when my lawsuit hits her table she will try to call and fill my order. Its a game, she figures no one is going to do anything because it it a lot of work to take someone to court. Its much easier to take someones money and ignore them then it is to actually fill the job.

You just arent having any luck with locators are you? Hope you didnt blow $12,000 on this like you did the other time.

Archived