Midwest locators: How are they over a year after ownership changing?

hutchdavidson

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No this one got me for $1250.00 and another one got me for $650.00. I should be able to get the $650.00 back because the bank gets it back from either his bank or insurance. He will still be able to keep the money but will lose his paypal account.

So youre saying 3 different locators robbed you? Why do you keep throwing large sums of money at locators when they just rob you?

Something doesnt add up here.

• 4 months later...

Their web site and phone lines are still active. But they do not return phone calls or emails. Maybe if you have an unrecognized phone number, they will pick it up or return it thinking that you are new blood. Very disappointing.

Well if I was to use a locator again, It would be Midwest. My experience with them, KS, and EB they were the best. I still have their locations but none of the others. In fact one of the locators I could not even break even after 6 months. But everyones experiences are different.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm planning to try reaching them again. Here's an update. I had talked to them several months ago on the phone and she said they would start pumping out locations for me to finish my order. I think I've been understanding. It's been about 18 months. I'm an okay locator, but not a super stud at it. I can convince intelligent people that I know what I'm doing--but I have a hard time dealing with idiots. Since you need to have a pitch ready for someone that is over burdened and feels under paid, you need to be more prepared than I am. Even I expect to be able to produce locations in less than a year. I'll be starting up a few classes soon and am just going to go locating each day after class. 3 days per week of locating, in a month or two I will have hit every place in the city.

When I talk to her next I'll ask what she feels is a reasonable time frame to either complete the order or return my money. I'd prefer she complete it, but I don't know if she is still in the locating business. She may not care to do it because it's unlikely to generate future business from me in the form of orders for more than one location at a time, or several at a time but only paid upon completion. The performance just hasn't justified prepay. I love feeling like I'm really out there getting locations, so I may order a couple from Rob also. Having a few years in the industry I feel much more comfortable now in predicting what will produce. I'm not always right, but often enough.

Quality of locations I've received from midwest has decreased also. Way back when, before the change, they got me locations that were so rock solid that I still have most of them 2 years later. I lost one--when the business moved. They replaced that one though, so does that even count? I also have a hard time paying them until things are settled with T-bird. He's a stand up guy. If they won't handle a legitimate beef for him, why would they do it for me?

I'd like to see them get back into the game. At this point I think I just need to accept spending more of my time pounding the street. Of course I also have to work on reducing kick outs to near zero. I only lose a location every 2 months or so, but 6 in a year is still 8% or so of my locations. What I need to be doing is installing at 3-5 per month. When I was really expanding the way I should I was doing around 10 in a month. I think the lack of being treated like a pile of **** at a 8-5 is making me soft. I can't complain though, I love being able to make vending my big thing.

• 1 month later...

I was reading up on Midwest and the company got sold in 2009 and there were some issues with quality because of that. I wanted to know, now that appreciable time has passed, how MW is doing now and if they are still a good quality locator to go with?

Thanks

Yes, MidWest Locators, LLC was sold to Jackie Barlow in 2009. Marjorie Monserat was the prior owner. Over the span of a few years, though, Midwest Locators, LLC went from bad to worst to rotten. Its web site, http://www.MidWestLocators.com is nonger running. Its business telephone, 1-417-987-4207, has been disconnected. Its business PayPal account has also been closed. Yet, Jackie Barlow is still indebted to her clients for the money that she took from them and never came through with her portion of the agreements with her clients. I myself paid her $350.00 for 10 locations on July 13, 2011, and to this date, October 10, 2011, nothing has been done. All contact information from her business has been closed. I would very strongly advice everyone and anyone not to do ANY business with this person. I submitted a complaint through PayPal, my personal bank Wells Fargo, the internet security service of http://www.IC3.gov, and the City of El Cajon Police in San Diego, California.

Money is very hard to come by lately, yet, the Internet continues to be a platform for many crooks.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived