route for sale

Guest JRMCKENN

Guest JRMCKENN

hello all, i new to this forum, and i havent purchased any machines yet, i was looking on craigslist and came across a route for sale:

25 machines at 4 locations, and 60 extra machines, $200-250 every 2 months.$3500 obo for route and machines. im not sure what brand the machines are.any thoughts on the deal?

vend.bmp

So, let's talk about this. They are selling 4 locations that have 7 machines in each that are doing only $25 per month total. That's less than $4 per machine per month. $4,800 collected for a year. Am I understanding that correctly? The machines are Oak or A&A Global machines.  The 60 used machines should be about $20 each, that's $1,200 and the rest of the value is in the route?

Gary

Guest JRMCKENN

they collect $200-250 in sales every 2 months.i havent talked to the owner at all , i know the sales suck, but i thought if the price was negotionable it might good for that many machines

What kind of account has 7 machines per location that only do that much a month. If you could get him down to $1,200 for the 60 used machines, that wouldn't be to bad. Maybe he will just throw in the 4 low volume accounts for free with the deal. You could leave them there until you find better locations for them.

Gary

Sounds to me like maybe it was somebody who tried to jump right in to the rack business and now has locations where the product has not been rotated in some time.  Still picking up a few sales every now and then.

Theres 85 heads total here if I'm understanding him correctly.  If you can get him down to $20 to $25 a head you getting a decent deal.  You can low ball if you want but since hes willing to finance I would propose a more reasonable offer then less then $15 a head.