Welcome New Members

The Mage

This was a great starting point that I actualy bipassed upon my first visit! Fantastic and valuable info Mage! Thanks so much for contributing for the masses.

My name is Steve, and I am 39 (soon to be 40) in the DFW area and have purchased my first full line soda machine. Excited to see how things shape up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello from the Great White North of Calgary Alberta Canada.

Just getting started in vending, and from what I've read here so far, this is going to be a wealth of information for me.

I'd like to say thanks to everyone ahead of time for all your information that I'll be drawing on/swindling/begging for over the next little while.

Hi,

My name's Omar and I live in NJ. I just got involved with the vending business and purchased 2 soda machines. I wish I saw this forum earlier cause I probably should've started smaller with bulk vending. Anyhow, seeing this forum did teach me not to trust all the stuff professional locators say. Can anyone point me to a good locating service for full size vending?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone and thank you, thank you, what a great site this is. I joined today after lurking and reading for the last month, after doing so I decided on Venstar 3000's cheap, simple, and a quarter in a venstar is the same as a quarter in an Oak or NW, the clincher for me was a quote "they are like disposable razors" I made a deal on 30 today all in good shape total cost $300 plus $50 in gas and lunch, now to clean'em and place'em ! Thanks everyone !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am kinda new to this also as i have been managing 1 soda machine, 1 cold drink dispenser and 1 snack machine at my work location.

But I am excided to mayby buy a route or some routes in my area in the near future. But until then I'm getting as much information and Forms/Cards ready, so i don't have to scramble to find the forms/cards that will work for me. Also I can use them for my current situation to get familar with the forms.

So far this site looks interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the tips. I am in south Florida and will be getting started in bulk vending with 15 machines after doing research. I am glad to have stumbled upon this forum and look forward to interacting with other members.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all advise. I'm from Brazil and will start a full vending business here. The price of one machine is much higher than USA, actually I will import from USA.

Any suggest of machine brand? I'm looking for cold vending machines like this one:

Henri,

If you want to do food in Brasilia, don't import from the US. You might be better off importing from Australia or New Zealand, or even Mexico. You are more likely to get proper voltage machines and machines that will be easier to get parts for. The industry in the US is moving away from cold food to frozen food, so you might want to investigate that as well.

The machine in the video is a Rowe 548 which you probably can't even find in an Export model, and it hasn't been in production for several years as Rowe was absorbed by Automatic Products after 40+ years in business. Later, Automatic Products was absorbed by Crane who owns Dixie Narco and National Vendors.

If you are adamant about importing from the US, then you will want new equipment you would want to check out the www.cranems.com website from which you can get information for all the brands of machines mentioned above. You should also check out The Wittern Group at www.vendnetusa.com to view all the machines they have, as they export more machines to Mexico than they actually sell in the US.

It think it would depend on what part of the country you are located in as different parts of parts of Brazil have different voltages. If you were in an area that has 110v power supply you should be fine but in 220v areas you will need to install a transformer inside the machine to change the voltage.

The frequency will be fine though as both your 110v & 220v power supply are 60Hz

It think it would depend on what part of the country you are located in as different parts of parts of Brazil have different voltages. If you were in an area that has 110v power supply you should be fine but in 220v areas you will need to install a transformer inside the machine to change the voltage.

The frequency will be fine though as both your 110v & 220v power supply are 60Hz

Hey Kiwi,

Is there a converter you can use to drop from 60 hz down to 50 hz? Just curious, we haven't seen 50hz around here for at least 50 years and it's odd that New Zealand would still be using it.

Hey Kiwi,

Is there a converter you can use to drop from 60 hz down to 50 hz? Just curious, we haven't seen 50hz around here for at least 50 years and it's odd that New Zealand would still be using it.

Hey mate,

There are converters that change 60Hz - 50Hz but I am unsure how cost effective this would be or whether the process would meet our laws here when it comes to electrical regulations.

Maybe Ron may chime in on this subject as I think there are a few operators in Oz that have imported 110v equipment but am unsure what modifications & changes they have made besides using a step-down transformer to make this legal.

Archived