• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum, timmer09993!  If you are getting into soda and possible snack vending you will want to visit the Beverage and Food forum on this site.  You will find tons of useful information about vending by reading past threads.  You will find this topic has been discussed quite a bit as well.  You will find the grocery store sales to generally have the best prices but you can also get soda at Sam's Club and Costco.  If you visit a variety of local retailers from drug stores to grocery stores you may find one that will allow you to purchase more than the "limit" at sale prices.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all - my name is Reilly, from Toronto Canada. I'm relatively new to the vending game, and from what I read, coming at this from a different angle than most. I run a small publishing house called No Fun Press, releasing limited edition artist prints + apparel, as well as pressing 1" badges.
I bought my first NW 60 on CL a few months back to dispense 1" buttons out of capsules for a pop-up event I was involved in. The host store ended up wanting to keep the machine around for an extra month. I've since moved it along to a friends' cafe with higher foot traffic.
In the meantime I've also picked up a used A&A 4 column sticker machine that I intend to vend mini-art prints out of as well as more traditional stickers. I stumbled on this forum while looking for a good source of empty folders (which seems hard in Canada, mainly because of shipping costs from US companies) and have sort of fallen into the black hole of knowledge on here. My girlfriend has started to think she's lost me, hah.
So, although I'm not necessarily trying to win at the bulk candy / full line game like a lot of you - everything I've been reading on here has been very insightful. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings from snowy NE Ohio from a full line vendor.  Had a bulk route but like the caption on my pic says "Lead toys?  Yah, I got some. The bulk vending industry took a hit on lead toys a few decades ago and the Chinese promised to stop doing it.  Well, when they thought we were not checking they started up again. When word got out the Big Stores like Kmart and Walmart told us to pack up our machines and leave.  The increase on sugar in the candy didn't help prices either.  When we realized that we couldn't vend 5 M&M peanut candies for a quarter or convert to gumballs & bouncy balls we sold off the bulk route and invested in Full Line Vending.  Luckily healthy food choice was becoming popular and we were too small to be tied to Plan-o-grams so our flexibility allowed us to soar. So here I am to learn and share information. -Tom

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone.  My name is Solon, and I've been in vending for 10 years, and love it.  I mostly run Cranes, and Bulk.  I started off several years ago in the old website for Vendiscuss, but my old username doesn't work anymore, and so I re registered now..  Look forward to posting often and chatting with many of you, new or old in the biz.  Work hard, be friendly with others, and you'll go a long way.

Solon Z

Welcome Elvis.

What was your old username?

It was ASV.

Welcome back Solon. You were a charter member on your old account. I have merged them so you can retain that status.

Archived