Wish I woulda found this site earlier!

BigLag

Excel is my locator. And I do love a car dealership, that'd be great. I sold cars many years ago and those guys are always getting their customers a drink plus when they don't have time for lunch they suck down a bag of lays. And the service peeps. I love it.

I have one dealership a big one that has a full size drink and snack I turn around 200 a week avg.

When it is hot out do about 300 week in 7 days the drink machine will almost sell out (dixie 501)

Whoa gbird, why do u say "more" money? Is a combo a waste of money? Honestly what woulda been a cheaper way to get in?

I think G is primarily referring to the fact that there are a lot of locator scam artists out there that will be more than happy to take you money and pull a Cris Angel on you and vanish into thin air. :D

IMO, because of the cash nature of this industry there is a tendency to attract, how shall we say, less than honest people.....

As to cheaper way to get in comment, that goes back to buying used instead of new. Personally I don't think there is anything "wrong" with buying new, its just how you decided to start and by buying new you have a higher bar to jump over get a return on your $$.

Just talked to the locator. He ought to be here in about 7-10 days which will fall at abt the same time as my machines arrival. Do yall know if I'm supposed to get a contract with the business that the machine gets in? How long should the contract be for? Just curious in case locator says differently. Also do u have a website that sells used equip that's reputable and has prices listed. And is there any reason why I couldn't secure my own locations once I see how the locator does it? Should I focus on places that don't have a machine or try to kick someone out? Should I secure locations before buying more machines or get machines first? Thx

Depends on your turnover on getting the machines in. You do not want to wait more than a couple of days before putting the machine in the location. Also, nothing motivates like have a couple of machines sitting in your garage not making you money. I would buy first then locate, but I am a bulk guy and the full line guys may have a different view. If you feel comfortable selling and have the time, then locating yourself is a good idea. If you have another job or don't like to sell, then I would recommend using a locator. I HIGHLY recommend running ideas by the guys on this site. They can likely answer any question you have, and have probably already tried anything you can think of.

Just talked to the locator. He ought to be here in about 7-10 days which will fall at abt the same time as my machines arrival. Do yall know if I'm supposed to get a contract with the business that the machine gets in? How long should the contract be for? Just curious in case locator says differently. Also do u have a website that sells used equip that's reputable and has prices listed. And is there any reason why I couldn't secure my own locations once I see how the locator does it? Should I focus on places that don't have a machine or try to kick someone out? Should I secure locations before buying more machines or get machines first? Thx

For smaller type accounts contract are frequently not used. As for buying before securing a location, that's up to you. Do you have equipment to move machines or someone to do it for you? If you buy the equipment first you will have to target locations that will need that equipment. If you wait until securing the location then you can buy what you need and not limit your marketing efforts. The industry "standard" if you will is to give existing vendor 30 day notice to remove their equipment. You will need to let the location know that you are buying the equipment and having it shipped in and hope the guy you are kicking out is not a jerk and pulls his stuff out the next day and leaves the location with no vending until you can get you stuff in. In this type of scenario I would secure the location, let them know you are ordering the equipment for them and once you have confirmation that it has been shipped you will give the existing vendor notice. I usually handle the kick out in order to try to prevent the guy from going and begging for another chance and saving it. (it does happen sometimes)

Here is a link to what I consider one of the better used equipment reman companies in the country.

Vendors Exchange : http://www.veii.com/

Archived